Home

No more young families in Brooklyn?
Previous  1, 2, 3
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> The Social Scene


View latest: 24h 48h 72h


silverlining3




 
 
 
 

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 8:21 pm
ExtraCredit wrote:
I know a couple of city people who moved out and went running back to the city after a year or two.
Either they missed their family too much, or the local shopping conveniences. Then there are those that liked the old schools better. Moving to a new place always comes along with risks.


I'm not gonna lie and say I loved my new place since day one... No no no! It took me 1.5-2 years, for sure, to somewhat like and get used to this new place and lifestyle. I still get annoyed sometimes. But I knew there's not much of a choice really and this is my new reality. I decided I'll do whatever it takes to make myself happy. I went, and still go out almost as much as if I lived in city. I never got used planning my weeks menu and only once a week to the grocery. (That could be is my nature though lol)
I can go 'window' shopping, and then next day or so go for real shopping. I don't take taxis very often, I enjoy walking. Thankfully I'm don't live that far from the shopping area.

School wasn't in my life yet then. Kids were really young. And I thought I'll have an easier time cuz I wasn't switching. Boy was I wrong!

Bottom line I say, There's no such a thing, when you live in a place, as not getting used to it, unless you put down your foot 'I'm not getting used to this life' . rinse and repeat. It's not easy, it might take time, but at the end of the day, you will get used to it.
Back to top

ExtraCredit




 
 
 
 

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 8:30 pm
silverlining3 wrote:
I'm not gonna lie and say I loved my new place since day one... No no no! It took me 1.5-2 years, for sure, to somewhat like and get used to this new place and lifestyle. I still get annoyed sometimes. But I knew there's not much of a choice really and this is my new reality. I decided I'll do whatever it takes to make myself happy. I went, and still go out almost as much as if I lived in city. I never got used planning my weeks menu and only once a week to the grocery. (That could be is my nature though lol)
I can go 'window' shopping, and then next day or so go for real shopping. I don't take taxis very often, I enjoy walking. Thankfully I'm don't live that far from the shopping area.

School wasn't in my life yet then. Kids were really young. And I thought I'll have an easier time cuz I wasn't switching. Boy was I wrong!

Bottom line I say, There's no such a thing, when you live in a place, as not getting used to it, unless you put down your foot 'I'm not getting used to this life' . rinse and repeat. It's not easy, it might take time, but at the end of the day, you will get used to it.

Wow! I’m happy you adjusted well after all. Moving back is no picnic either!
Back to top

silverlining3




 
 
 
 

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 8:32 pm
To add, moving for sure comes along with risks, but you gotta know your priorities.
Back to top

silverlining3




 
 
 
 

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 8:36 pm
ExtraCredit wrote:
Wow! I’m happy you adjusted well after all. Moving back is no picnic either!


Thanks
I feel like my life story is out there, people might recognize who I am.. Chatterbox
Maybe I should take it off?!?
Back to top

Just One




 
 
 
 

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 8:40 pm
BP here. Waiting for the day we get things in order so we can move.
Though to be honest there are plenty of young families still left. My block is chock full of kids. My kids are in newish schools full of young families. With the amount of couples getting married every year those that move are are replaced in no time
Back to top

newyorkmom




 
 
 
 

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 8:46 pm
I actually love that Brooklyn is less crowded. It feels more “out of town” and love the nice, down to earth families living in Marine Park. Schools here are happy to have you and would rather that than worrying my kids won’t get into schools like in the popular communities. There are plenty of young families here and enough for me !
Back to top

ExtraCredit




 
 
 
 

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 8:47 pm
silverlining3 wrote:
Thanks
I feel like my life story is out there, people might recognize who I am.. Chatterbox
Maybe I should take it off?!?


Your choice if you feel uncomfortable. Although hundreds of Brooklyn families moved out so it’s hard to know who you are just from your posts.
Back to top
Previous  1, 2, 3 Recent Topics

Page 3 of 3 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> The Social Scene

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Linen at Bingo store Brooklyn
by amother
13 Yesterday at 11:38 pm View last post
Orton gillingham school brooklyn ny 4 Tue, Mar 02 2021, 8:01 pm View last post
Cute maternity for young mom ONLINE
by amother
8 Tue, Mar 02 2021, 3:04 pm View last post
S/o living room style with young kids and teens
by amother
6 Tue, Mar 02 2021, 2:51 pm View last post
Cheapest way to get from brooklyn to five towns without driv
by amother
4 Mon, Mar 01 2021, 8:12 am View last post
by cnc