Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
No more young families in Brooklyn?
Previous  1  2  3

silverlining3

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 5:21 pm
ExtraCredit wrote:
I know a couple of city people who moved out and went running back to the city after a year or two.
Either they missed their family too much, or the local shopping conveniences. Then there are those that liked the old schools better. Moving to a new place always comes along with risks.

I'm not gonna lie and say I loved my new place since day one... No no no! It took me 1.5-2 years, for sure, to somewhat like and get used to this new place and lifestyle. I still get annoyed sometimes. But I knew there's not much of a choice really and this is my new reality. I decided I'll do whatever it takes to make myself happy. I went, and still go out almost as much as if I lived in city. I never got used planning my weeks menu and only once a week to the grocery. (That could be is my nature though lol)
I can go 'window' shopping, and then next day or so go for real shopping. I don't take taxis very often, I enjoy walking. Thankfully I'm don't live that far from the shopping area.

School wasn't in my life yet then. Kids were really young. And I thought I'll have an easier time cuz I wasn't switching. Boy was I wrong!

Bottom line I say, There's no such a thing, when you live in a place, as not getting used to it, unless you put down your foot 'I'm not getting used to this life' . rinse and repeat. It's not easy, it might take time, but at the end of the day, you will get used to it.

ExtraCredit

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 5:30 pm
silverlining3 wrote:
I'm not gonna lie and say I loved my new place since day one... No no no! It took me 1.5-2 years, for sure, to somewhat like and get used to this new place and lifestyle. I still get annoyed sometimes. But I knew there's not much of a choice really and this is my new reality. I decided I'll do whatever it takes to make myself happy. I went, and still go out almost as much as if I lived in city. I never got used planning my weeks menu and only once a week to the grocery. (That could be is my nature though lol)
I can go 'window' shopping, and then next day or so go for real shopping. I don't take taxis very often, I enjoy walking. Thankfully I'm don't live that far from the shopping area.

School wasn't in my life yet then. Kids were really young. And I thought I'll have an easier time cuz I wasn't switching. Boy was I wrong!

Bottom line I say, There's no such a thing, when you live in a place, as not getting used to it, unless you put down your foot 'I'm not getting used to this life' . rinse and repeat. It's not easy, it might take time, but at the end of the day, you will get used to it.

Wow! I’m happy you adjusted well after all. Moving back is no picnic either!

silverlining3

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 5:32 pm
To add, moving for sure comes along with risks, but you gotta know your priorities.

silverlining3

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 5:36 pm
ExtraCredit wrote:
Wow! I’m happy you adjusted well after all. Moving back is no picnic either!

Thanks
I feel like my life story is out there, people might recognize who I am.. Chatterbox
Maybe I should take it off?!?

Just One

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 5:40 pm
BP here. Waiting for the day we get things in order so we can move.
Though to be honest there are plenty of young families still left. My block is chock full of kids. My kids are in newish schools full of young families. With the amount of couples getting married every year those that move are are replaced in no time

newyorkmom

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 5:46 pm
I actually love that Brooklyn is less crowded. It feels more “out of town” and love the nice, down to earth families living in Marine Park. Schools here are happy to have you and would rather that than worrying my kids won’t get into schools like in the popular communities. There are plenty of young families here and enough for me !

ExtraCredit

Post Thu, Aug 13 2020, 5:47 pm
silverlining3 wrote:
Thanks
I feel like my life story is out there, people might recognize who I am.. Chatterbox
Maybe I should take it off?!?

Your choice if you feel uncomfortable. Although hundreds of Brooklyn families moved out so it’s hard to know who you are just from your posts.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics