Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Please watch your kids at the park!

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Nov 26 2018, 5:30 pm
I was walking my dog this afternoon, and 3 adorable little toddlers wanted to come over and pet. My dog is pretty good with kids, but mostly shy. I shudder to think what would have happened if my dog was a fear-biter!

I let them pet her for a while, but I really needed to exercise the dog, so I wanted to get on with our walk. The children were Ethiopian, and I don't speak Hebrew very well, and I certainly can't speak Amharic, so I just kept saying "Bye bye!" and hoping they would get the hint. I walked about two blocks through the park, and they kept following me. They followed me all the way down to the main road, way out of sight of their mom.

I needed to cross the street, but these kids were stuck to me like glue. They were showing no sign of turning around and going back on their own, so I had to take them back up the hill and find their mom, who was chatting away with her friends.

I went back down the hill, and here they come again! It was scary how easy it would be to lure these little sweeties away. The two boys couldn't have been more than 3 (they looked like twins) and the girl was only about 2.

I finally got their mom to keep them in sight, so I could finish the walk. These kids were so adorable, and so friendly and trusting. I wouldn't want to change that, but it bothered me no end that the mom was so relaxed about everything.

Now, to be fair, I look like a nice frum lady, and we live in a super safe neighborhood. Still, there was a very busy street with a blind curve at the bottom of the hill, and if they decided to follow me across they would get smooshed like little bugs. Mad

That was hours ago, and I'm still shaken up by it.

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Nov 28 2018, 8:41 am
Bump.

This problem is way too common!

amother
Blush

Post Wed, Nov 28 2018, 8:55 am
You’re right. I’ve seen way too many such incidents in various neighborhoods.
It’s scary. I hope this post is a good reminder.

devash1

Post Wed, Nov 28 2018, 9:06 am
That is really scary and our neighborhood is not so safe right now. They just caught a pedophile that has been harassing and abusing many children.My youngest is 4 and he is not allowed to go out by himself even for a minutes and if he's at the park I am constantly watching him.

Raisin

Post Wed, Nov 28 2018, 11:45 am
Best advice is to dress your kid in a distinctive colour top or coat so you can spot them easily.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics