Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Camera for $50 or less

Amelia Bedelia

Post Mon, Nov 26 2018, 9:36 pm
I'm looking for a camera for my almost 8 year old for Chanukah. Cheapest I can find is a refurbished one from Canon for $69. Are there any cheaper options? Please share links or suggestions.

amother
Mauve

Post Mon, Nov 26 2018, 10:48 pm
Bump

amother
Coffee

Post Tue, Nov 27 2018, 12:23 am
I started a thread about this last week and did tons of research. I couldn’t find anything great. I’m buying more then one so didn’t want to go over $50.
At one point I was thinking of getting action camera but didn’t.
Amazon has some Kodak cameras like new for $54 but I found Walmart in store had them for $58. Reviews were bad.

I ended up buying bell & Howell wp20 in purple on amazon for $45. Everyone else had it for much more so I’m hoping it will be somewhat decent. It also had lithium ion batteries. All the others in that price range have aaa which would end up costing me a fortune. I bought a 32 gb card for another $5. I hope it works.

Rutabaga

Post Tue, Nov 27 2018, 1:24 am
B and H has digital cameras for under $50 but I have no idea what the quality is.

amother
Babyblue

Post Tue, Nov 27 2018, 2:00 am
Was looking for same for my 8 year old. Found one or two in $30 price range, but reviews were terrible, sigh.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Tue, Nov 27 2018, 7:45 am
Is this line of cameras worthwhile? $39.99 from Amazon today only, recommended for ages 3-9. VTech Kidizoom Duo Selfie Camera, Amazon Exclusive, Pink https://www.amazon.com/dp/B013.....32QQE

amother
Coffee

Post Tue, Nov 27 2018, 11:37 am
Amelia Bedelia wrote:
Is this line of cameras worthwhile? $39.99 from Amazon today only, recommended for ages 3-9. VTech Kidizoom Duo Selfie Camera, Amazon Exclusive, Pink https://www.amazon.com/dp/B013.....32QQE

My 9 year old niece has it. She said it was babyish and is embarrassed to use it. So I didn’t get for my girls.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Nov 27 2018, 12:12 pm
We bought a Vivitar a couple of years ago for our then 8/9 year old. She enjoyed it for a nice couple years. She loves doing editing on the screen. Not the best quality prints but perfect for that age. She still uses it when she's taking her own camera somewhere.

amother
Coffee

Post Tue, Nov 27 2018, 2:40 pm
ra_mom wrote:
We bought a Vivitar a couple of years ago for our then 8/9 year old. She enjoyed it for a nice couple years. She loves doing editing on the screen. Not the best quality prints but perfect for that age. She still uses it when she's taking her own camera somewhere.

I wish I would’ve asked on here. The reviews were poor so I was scared to buy. Oh well. It’s always good to hear first hand information

cnc

Post Tue, Nov 27 2018, 4:21 pm
Amelia Bedelia wrote:

My kids have that for a few years. We have two of them, they're excellent quality.
That said, they use them for the games and activity features. I've never tried printing any of the pictures.

ETA This is the link of the exact one that we have.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....;th=1

tzimip

Post Tue, Nov 27 2018, 4:23 pm
I just bought a vivitar for my 8 year old on walmart. It had pretty decent reviews. Was $40

Amelia Bedelia

Post Tue, Nov 27 2018, 6:48 pm
tzimip wrote:
I just bought a vivitar for my 8 year old on walmart. It had pretty decent reviews. Was $40

Can you post the link?

tzimip

Post Tue, Nov 27 2018, 11:19 pm
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Viv.....89564

It was actually $30. Got the hot pink

ra_mom

Post Wed, Feb 27 2019, 4:43 pm
ra_mom wrote:

Just wanted to come back to say I made a mistake. The Vivatar was since updated to the Nikon Coolpix and it's that one that has all the cool features and she uses a ton the last 2 years. It's probably in the $80 range.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics