Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Jerusalem hotels and bedbugs

amother
Peach

Post Wed, Nov 28 2018, 1:50 am
Does anyone know of a bedbug issue at any hotel in Jerusalem?

chanchy123

Post Wed, Nov 28 2018, 6:56 am
I've never ever heard of that being an issue in Israel and I've lived here my entire life. In fact, I'm not really sure what bed bugs really are.

grace413

Post Wed, Nov 28 2018, 8:10 am
chanchy123 wrote:
I've never ever heard of that being an issue in Israel and I've lived here my entire life. In fact, I'm not really sure what bed bugs really are.

Consider yourself blessed. My mother had them in the states recently and it was an (expensive) nightmare.

OP, I haven't heard of any bedbugs in Israel, BH.

amother
Green

Post Wed, Nov 28 2018, 10:21 am
A group on a kiruv trip got bedbugs (just one room was affected, 3 girls). Nightmare for the girls, major nightmare for the kiruv org!!! And it was in a nice hotel. Was years ago so wont name as they dealt with it already. I dont think it was the hotel's fault as such, probs it came with prior guests

Amarante

Post Wed, Nov 28 2018, 10:37 am
Whether or not there are bedbug alerts for a hotel, you should ALWAYS use bedbug precautions because who knew who was in there just before you.

Do NOT roll your suitcase across the carpet or put it on your bed or the floor. Carry it into the bathroom and put it in the bathtub because there will be no bedbugs there.

Then take a GOOD look at mattress to see if there are any bedbugs - if you don't know what to look for, google for pictures, they are easy to spot.

My friend stayed at a hotel that was very expensive in NY (well known name) and brought home bedbugs and another friend brought them home for a Hilton Hotel. Not only is it extremely onerous to go through getting rid of them but it is also expensive as both of them had to get new mattresses.

I also invested in a bedbug proof cover for my mattress - fingers crossed that if I ever bring ones home, that at least my mattress is salvageable.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics