Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Measles In Passaic A School With No Exepmtions

Maybe

Post Wed, Nov 28 2018, 7:24 am
https://www.theyeshivaworld.co......html

Sebastian

Post Wed, Nov 28 2018, 7:43 am
And that's why parents dont want unvaxxed kids in school. Bc 3% of vaxed kids can still get measles. That girl was part of the 3%

southernbubby

Post Wed, Nov 28 2018, 8:11 am
Sebastian wrote:
And that's why parents dont want unvaxxed kids in school. Bc 3% of vaxed kids can still get measles. That girl was part of the 3%

Unless she has a valid medical exemption. Is it certain that she was vaccinated? Did they also exclude those who have no choice?

ra_mom

Post Wed, Nov 28 2018, 8:29 am
Thanks for posting such a great video on vaccinations from the agudah convention, Maybe.

Iymnok

Post Wed, Nov 28 2018, 8:59 am
ra_mom wrote:
Thanks for posting such a great video on vaccinations from the agudah convention, Maybe.

And the letter from Rav Shternbach. Very valuable to see/hear.

Maybe

Post Wed, Nov 28 2018, 9:18 am
I respect R Shterbuch, but the letter proves he is misinformed, the 1 in 1000 deaths is Bube Mayses.

little neshamala

Post Wed, Nov 28 2018, 9:39 am
Maybe wrote:
I respect R Shterbuch, but the letter proves he is misinformed, the 1 in 1000 deaths is Bube Mayses.

No, he's correct. Im reading from the CDC right now. "For every 1000 children who get measles, one or two will die from it. About one child out of every 1000 who get measles will develop encephalitis that can lead to convulsions and can leave the child deaf or with intellectual disability "

sky

Post Wed, Nov 28 2018, 9:50 am
Maybe wrote:

The numbers in Europe align with that number very closely.

B’H least there no exemptions. That should prevent it from spreading.

Maybe - what would you rather - it should break out in a school with many exemptions so it can spread easily ch’v?

tweek

Post Wed, Nov 28 2018, 9:56 am
The article mentioned that they are having all of the adults tested. I keep saying that this is an overlooked area in trying to contain the spread of measles.

All schools should really have their staff tested.

shantelle

Post Mon, Dec 03 2018, 2:19 pm
tweek wrote:
The article mentioned that they are having all of the adults tested. I keep saying that this is an overlooked area in trying to contain the spread of measles.

All schools should really have their staff tested.

They shut down the school for two days so they could test all the staff. I think it was overkill!

mazal555

Post Mon, Dec 03 2018, 3:59 pm
If the vaccine works and all the students are vaccinated how did someone get the measles? The letter said the school has no exemptions

If one person did get it why are they worried? All the students are vaccinated so it can't spread. The whole point of putting non vaccinated kids out is to make this not a threat right? So there is nothing to worry about.

ima22

Post Mon, Dec 03 2018, 4:04 pm
Its not a matter of overkill -its a requirement by the board of health.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics