Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
How to get my baby to start sleeping through the night ASAP

amother
Pink

Post Wed, Nov 28 2018, 1:48 pm
My baby is almost a year, Baruch Hashem. I nurse him.
I need to get him to start sleeping through the night. I don’t want to let him cry it out ( no judgement please)

Please help me.

rivkam

Post Wed, Nov 28 2018, 1:56 pm
Have you read sweet sleep? It's a la leche book that talks all about sleep and understanding babies sleep as well as nudging them to wake up less at night. Basically their outlook is that sleep varies greatly per baby so what will help a baby to sleep through will vary from one to another. They go through lots of techniques.

It's a great book for a nursing mom

amother
Pink

Post Wed, Nov 28 2018, 1:58 pm
please post methods because I don’t think I can squeeze in time to read another book right now.

bunnyrabbit

Post Wed, Nov 28 2018, 2:04 pm
Thanks for the idea. Any other suggestions anyone? In the same boat here.

pesek zman

Post Wed, Nov 28 2018, 2:12 pm
Any method will involve some crying. Certainly ASAP methods.

That said, Ferber was pretty quick

rivkam

Post Wed, Nov 28 2018, 2:12 pm
There's methods such as delaying feeding when he wakes up for a minute or two or wearing something that is hard to nurse with so maybe by the time you are ready to nurse he can't be bothered. Also getting dh to go to the baby instead of you. One technique that worked for me is nursing alot and I mean alot during the day to fill baby up. Other things also were spending lots of quality time with your baby during the day (not so easy when you're working) and being very present with your baby during their bedtime routine. This can help for babies who are waking as they want to be close to their mom.

They also discuss that waking up alot at night can be due to a developmental milestone, teething, growth spurt, mom working etc.

Their big recommendations for you to get the most sleep is co sleeping, nursing on your side at night and getting to sleep early.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics