Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
How to make skin look young and pretty when bare.
1  2  Next

amother
Burgundy

Post Wed, Nov 28 2018, 2:58 pm
I would like all you gorgeous ladies to give me tips on how to get gorgeous young looking skin.

I am not old - high twenties and yet I'm uncomfortable with no makeup.

I have decently smooth skin with some smooth red or darkish scars. My nose is like red and vainy. But the worst is HUGE bags under my eyes.

I hate wearing foundation every day but feel like I have to.

I always see women older than me, even much older than me with natural gorgeous smooth skin, so how do u do it??

(I've been to cosmeticians who recommended creams that cost a fortune- no thanks.
Also, I do use a face wash and night and day cream recommended for my skin type).

amother
Periwinkle

Post Wed, Nov 28 2018, 3:14 pm
Oils are amazing for your skin! Vitamin A, E, Argan, coconut, olive, etc. Apply daily!! Also drink tons of water and supposedly cutting out dairy is good for skin!! I also recommend Embrolyise Moisturizer, it acts as a primer as well and always makes my skin feel amazing! I also exfoliate once a week with a charcoal mask! The other days I use olive oil soap and put my oils on immediatetley after!! Best of luck!

amother
Burgundy

Post Wed, Nov 28 2018, 3:33 pm
Thanks.
Any suggestions specifically for bags under eyes. And vainy red nose?

Miri7

Post Wed, Nov 28 2018, 3:33 pm
I had bad skin my whole life. I stopped using all soaps on it, just warm water now. And I use day and night cream. I don’t wear foundation so just deal with any dark circles under my eyes.

For some people, that’s a sign of allergies - one DS has pollen allergies that only manifest as dark circles.

Raw

Post Wed, Nov 28 2018, 4:02 pm
How often do you wash your face? The best advice I ever got was not to use water too often on my skin. Think about how often your skin gets wet when you wash your face, take showers, swim etc.
Too much water (especially hot water) can cause dryness, redness, broken capillaries. Immediately after washing lock in moisture with a good cream for the your skin type. You don’t need expensive products but you may need specific products.
Drink lots of water and eat healthy fats. Both really show in the skin.

Are you getting enough sleep? A good cream for bags is guiyot eye cream. Also, the best eye cover up I’ve tried is YSL touché eclat. I’m in my thirties and it’s all I wear on my skin.

amother
Mint

Post Wed, Nov 28 2018, 4:21 pm
What I'm going to say may surprise you:
The condition of the skin is a direct reflection of the condition of the inside.
You can make dietary changes that will make a difference to your skin.
You can Google for more info.

amother
Burgundy

Post Wed, Nov 28 2018, 5:01 pm
amother wrote:
The condition of the skin is a direct reflection of the condition of the inside.

I am expecting now, does that make a difference? I don't feel like my skin changed. In general we try to eat pretty healthy, but lately its been whatever I can tolerate. Like I said though, I don't feel like my skin is different from before pregnancy.

amother
Mint

Post Wed, Nov 28 2018, 5:05 pm
bags under the eyes can be water retention.
I don't recommend colonics during pregnancy (unless you've been getting them regularly before pregnancy), but after baby is born....colonics can take care of the water retention. And being mindful of what goes into the mouth. Certain foods cause automatic water retention.

amother
Mint

Post Wed, Nov 28 2018, 5:11 pm
amother wrote:
I am expecting now, does that make a difference? I don't feel like my skin changed. In general we try to eat pretty healthy, but lately its been whatever I can tolerate. Like I said though, I don't feel like my skin is different from before pregnancy.

The condition of the bowels is what is visible on the skin. Not so much the condition of the uterus :-) but in a sense, it's all connected inside....
Wishing you an easy pregnancy :-)

amother
cornflower

Post Wed, Nov 28 2018, 5:59 pm
rx strengh retinol a cream+argon oil at night, vitimin c serum in the am

ectomorph

Post Wed, Nov 28 2018, 6:07 pm
amother wrote:
retinol causes severe birth defect - never use while pregnant!!!

ra_mom

Post Wed, Nov 28 2018, 6:07 pm
For bags under the eyes use Preparation H ointment (not cream or gel) every night under your eyes after washing well.

Eselle13

Post Wed, Nov 28 2018, 6:31 pm
My skin is usually pretty fair with a red spot or 2 from an old pimple. I will say though that when I'm pregnant, it gets redder and more blotchy looking. It's happens over time but when I compare it to a older picture, I see a big difference.
It's also being OK with the natural look. Yes we all have bags and red spots but you are probably being very critical on yourself and most people wouldn't notice half of what you see as flaws.
Also if you stopped using cover-up, your skin might breath more and become more 'young' looking.

naturalmom5

Post Wed, Nov 28 2018, 6:34 pm
amother wrote:
I would like all you gorgeous ladies to give me tips on how to get gorgeous young looking skin.

I am not old - high twenties and yet I'm uncomfortable with no makeup.

I have decently smooth skin with some smooth red or darkish scars. My nose is like red and vainy. But the worst is HUGE bags under my eyes.

I hate wearing foundation every day but feel like I have to.

I always see women older than me, even much older than me with natural gorgeous smooth skin, so how do u do it??

(I've been to cosmeticians who recommended creams that cost a fortune- no thanks.
Also, I do use a face wash and night and day cream recommended for my skin type).

Are you getting enough sleep...

All the makeup in the world can't make up (excuse the pun) for that

Ravenclaw

Post Wed, Nov 28 2018, 6:57 pm
I know you said you don’t want recommendations of products, but ever I started using Arbonne products I don’t need foundation on a daily basis. I use their genius pads.

forever21

Post Wed, Nov 28 2018, 8:09 pm
It’s not good to wear foundation every day as it doesn’t let your skin breath . Try something lighter if you’re self conscious without face makeup

Chayalle

Post Thu, Nov 29 2018, 4:06 pm
amother wrote:

I had a great-aunt who was very into this. Every time she saw me as a teen she gave me a speech about taking vitamins, particularly zinc, for my skin (which wasn't so bad, BTW, but I did have some acne.)

I was never conscientious enough to really give it a try, so can't tell you if it really works.

amother
Orchid

Post Thu, Nov 29 2018, 5:22 pm
Kiehls avocado eye cream

amother
Purple

Post Thu, Nov 29 2018, 5:23 pm
amother wrote:

1) extra strength retinol cream
2) argon oil
3) vitamin c serum
I've never heard of these items. Where can I find these? What brands do you recommend? Links if possible🙂

thanks

Post Thu, Nov 29 2018, 9:15 pm
Sunscreen is important in every climate, and every season.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics