Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism
Bothered by Beards?
1  2  Next

How do you feel about dh's beard?
Are you kidding? I love it!  
 27%  [ 39 ]
Eh, whatever...never thought about it. It is what it is.  
 29%  [ 42 ]
It really bothers me  
 17%  [ 25 ]
He doesnt have one but I wish he did  
 2%  [ 4 ]
Bh he's clean shaven! Sefira is hard enough  
 21%  [ 31 ]
Total Votes : 141

amother
Plum

Post Thu, Nov 29 2018, 12:08 am
Does your dh have one? Are you bothered by it, or lack of it? Do you love it?

For those imas that aren't married you can answer for your general preference.

And yes, I did name this thread with Mafia euphuisms in mind. Twisted Evil

amother
Mint

Post Thu, Nov 29 2018, 12:12 am
DH has a long, beautiful beard. I do love it! I always hoped to marry someone with a long beard. It didn't make my shidduch requirement short list, but I got lucky! Very Happy

amother
Violet

Post Thu, Nov 29 2018, 12:30 am
DH grew it during our first summer together during the 3 weeks, and he never shaved it off. At first I was stunned and horrified, but I grew to like it. Now I think he looks so much better with a beard!

It can feel scratchy when it's freshly trimmed, and I do miss the stubble of 3 days without a shave (I love stubble!), but honestly...it's his face, his tradition, and it makes him happy. I'm glad he trims.

Jewel22

Post Thu, Nov 29 2018, 12:31 am
My dh doesn't have a beard but I always tell him to grow one! I think he looks very good in a beard but he doesn't like it.

LisaS

Post Thu, Nov 29 2018, 2:20 am
My mother laughed at me when I was dating that I didn't want to date a guy with a beard. As if that was an unchangeable trait. I think that the first 5 years of marriage I really didn't like beards, but as time went on I grew to like a trim beard. But I voted "whatever" as in whatever makes him happy with his look.

Iymnok

Post Thu, Nov 29 2018, 2:33 am
DH’s beard doesn’t grow evenly, there are some bald spots. Though he’d look cute without the beard, I think he’d look like a kid. He’s 36, I’d rather he look his age.
Since I cut his hair, I also trim and shape his beard (shave the neck!) so he looks nice.

I hope my sons take after myside withbeards, my father and uncles nice full beards. My uncle's beard is black, I think he’s about 68.

amother
Amethyst

Post Thu, Nov 29 2018, 2:47 am
My kids love my hub beard. They play with it shabbos while he relaxes on couch.

amother
Mauve

Post Thu, Nov 29 2018, 3:11 am
Dh used to have a goatee, which I wasn't wild about, but the sefira before our wedding (we were already engaged) he grew out his beard and to my surprise, I loved it, so he's worn one ever since...mostly. For a number of years he participated in Mo-vember (it's an awareness campaign for men's health issues). Participants shave clean then grow out only their moustaches and the first time he did that I discovered he had a huge cleft chin which I found really unappealing. Thankfully though he usually has a nice, fairly short, trimmed beard that I really like.

amother
Amber

Post Thu, Nov 29 2018, 3:23 am
DH had a long beard, and it bothers me because I'm sensory. I love the look of men in beards, I just don't like the feeling.

DH is super sensory, and hates having anyone touch his beard. It makes things pretty awkward when we're together.

mommy3b2c

Post Thu, Nov 29 2018, 6:42 am
My husband has a s-xy trim beard. I love it. He shaved it off once and really did not like the way he looked. Beards in general are extremely stylish now, and pretty much every guy I know has one. (Jewish and non Jewish )

moonstone

Post Thu, Nov 29 2018, 7:06 am
My husband has a nice trim goatee, and I really like it. Sometimes he lets it grow into a trim beard, which also looks good. But I don't like long beards, I actually find them repulsive.

yo'ma

Post Thu, Nov 29 2018, 8:00 am
mommy3b2c wrote:
My husband has a s-xy trim beard. I love it. He shaved it off once and really did not like the way he looked. Beards in general are extremely stylish now, and pretty much every guy I know has one. (Jewish and non Jewish )

My dh also has one, but more goatee like, very short. He also shaved it off and I didn't like the way he looked in it. I never told him that. He usually shaves it all off before sefira.

amother
Babyblue

Post Thu, Nov 29 2018, 8:04 am
Love DH's beard long full beard. I'd be bothered if he decided to shave or even trim.

amother
Hotpink

Post Thu, Nov 29 2018, 8:33 am
My husband also has that s-xy trimmed beard, they’re so 2018, it’s all over. Clean shaven is something from the past. I always loved it and don’t think would let him clean shave even 10 yrs ago.

Ruchel

Post Thu, Nov 29 2018, 8:44 am
Yes, it looks good on some men, especially older. My great great grandfather zal, from his pics. Etc.
But I much prefer a more youthful look, even if it means some people think my husband is an alter bucher in his mid late 20s rofl.

Chayalle

Post Thu, Nov 29 2018, 10:03 am
DH has a short trimmed beard. That's the only way I know him. I like it.

To be honest, I only dated clean-shaven guys. I was told DH was clean-shaven (he had only recently grown the beard while in E"Y, and even his parents didn't know. ) It was more about a type than a look.

My 20 year old DD would not go out with a guy if she knew he had a beard. Again, it's basically about type.

amother
Ruby

Post Thu, Nov 29 2018, 10:05 am
I like the look of a full but neatly trimmed short beard. Don’t like long ones, Detest skimpy ones that show skin, ragged or scraggly ones, and especially skimpy, ragged, scraggly, scruffy graying ones. IOW if it looks messy or dirty, I hate it. Same holds true for mustaches.

Overall I prefer clean shaven.

amother
Lilac

Post Thu, Nov 29 2018, 11:16 am
I am chassidish and always grew up that men have beards and in my famiky nobody trims it. Dh beard got a bit longer so he tucks it under with a small pony rubber. I love the way he looks. I dont like the clean shaven look. Do ppl generally attract to opposite relations from their circles only? Like I would never find a non chassidish clean shaven man attractive. Does that make sense or am I weird?

amother
Black

Post Thu, Nov 29 2018, 11:33 am
My father has always been clean shaven and I always thought that I would marry someone clean shaven but BH my Zivug is a self-made Chossid so of course he has a beard. Given that I have always known him with it, it is kind of like whatever to me. It bothers me during intimacy but Chassidim hold that shaving is outright against Halacha so there isn't anything I can do about it. I'm proud of him and the Derech that he has chosen and how we hope to raise our children and that is my main focus.

amother
Crimson

Post Thu, Nov 29 2018, 12:10 pm
Dh has a moustache. Especially in the early years of our marriage I tried to make him grow a full beard, but it just wouldn't grow. He has very little facial hair and it just looked totally scraggely and patchy with too much skin in between. So, since then it's back to his trademark moustache. Wouldn't want to miss it. It's anti-fashion but it's cool.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics