Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
ISO Transportation from Beit Shemesh B to Yerushalaim

amother
Orange

Post Thu, Nov 29 2018, 1:44 am
Can anyone tell me what bus one takes from Beit Shemesh B to Yerushalaim?
Are there different services such as Egged and Mehadrin type?

How much is it for a single trip?

I would also like to have a timetable for when the buses leave (and from which bus stops)

Thanks so much in advance.

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Nov 29 2018, 2:03 am
Google Maps is amazing for getting around Israel. I'm in Aleph, and I take the 914 to Jerusalem central station. It runs every 10 minutes.

I don't remember how much it costs, but you can find out online. I just use my RavKav. Be warned, most Jerusalem buses don't handled money anymore, only RavKav.

As far as separate seating, everyone self segregates without any fuss. Men and women sit in front of each other, but don't sit next to each other in the same row. There's no chit chat or anything else that would make you uncomfortable, and the men keep their noses firmly stuck in a sefer.

Be sure you know where your stop is, because the drivers are surly and will NOT help you. I have yet to meet a friendly bus driver on the Jerusalem route. (A couple of nice ones on the 15 bus line, though.)

amother
Orange

Post Thu, Nov 29 2018, 2:06 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
Google Maps is amazing for getting around Israel. I'm in Aleph, and I take the 914 to Jerusalem central station. It runs every 10 minutes.

I don't remember how much it costs, but you can find out online. I just use my RavKav. Be warned, most Jerusalem buses don't handled money anymore, only RavKav.

As far as separate seating, everyone self segregates without any fuss. Men and women sit in front of each other, but don't sit next to each other in the same row. There's no chit chat or anything else that would make you uncomfortable, and the men keep their noses firmly stuck in a sefer.

Be sure you know where your stop is, because the drivers are surly and will NOT help you. I have yet to meet a friendly bus driver on the Jerusalem route. (A couple of nice ones on the 15 bus line, though.)

Thank you for your advice.

Which company operates the 914 route?

Can I buy the RavKav on the bus?
Are there any other stops in Yerushalaim besides the Central Bus Station?

devash1

Post Thu, Nov 29 2018, 2:40 am
I'm not familiar with that bus but I know the 417 and 418 go through Bet. The 418 is mehadrin the 417 is regular. They come fairly regularly but I don't know the exactbtimetable. I don't know the exact price as I use a rav kav but it is less than 20 each way. If you do have a rav kav you can do a daily pass which covers all the buses to and from beit Shemesh as well as the buses and light rail in Jerusalem. It is 26.5 shekels.

saramalka

Post Thu, Nov 29 2018, 3:02 am
She means the 419 bus. It's egged

ProudMommie

Post Thu, Nov 29 2018, 3:30 am
Also, if you have facebook, get yourself on the RBS group and ask if anyone is going that day. People are really wonderful and many give rides if they are going.. unless you are makpid on taking a bus, which is fine too, just try for 419 so you don't have to stop at very stop and go thru BET which is what 417 does.. If you need any help with figuring this out more, pm me.

https://www.facebook.com/group.....6902/

finallyamommy

Post Fri, Nov 30 2018, 3:05 am
I think it is 14.50 for a single trip.

amother
Indigo

Post Fri, Nov 30 2018, 4:35 am
The 419 does not go through Bet.
So unless you can get out to the 3855 (10) just stick to the 417. It comes every 15 or so minutes.
Check the egged website for stations.

http://www.egged.co.il/HomePage.aspx

amother
Pewter

Post Fri, Nov 30 2018, 4:58 am
What is a mehadrin bus?
Isnt it illegal now to enforce separation on buses?

amother
Orange

Post Fri, Nov 30 2018, 5:37 am
Thank you so much everyone for your helpful and detailed replies.
I truly appreciate it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics