Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Need bday surprise idea QUICK

seeker

Post Thu, Nov 29 2018, 12:05 pm
DD's 8th birthday is today and she said that it would mean a lot to her to have some kind of surprise. I was supposed to arrange this last night but fell asleep Can't Believe It I have a total of about 15 minutes between work and her coming home from school. HELLLP!

Not a gift because she had plenty of that.
She already got a birthday helium balloon from another relative though I suppose in a pinch I could get another one.
The cake was planned jointly so that's not a surprise. As was her favorite supper.
Maybe a card but that might be too anticlimactic.
I have a meeting tonight so at the latest I have one additional hour to make this happen.

mom!

Post Thu, Nov 29 2018, 12:11 pm
Decorate her room?
Pick her up from school and take her for ice cream?

little neshamala

Post Thu, Nov 29 2018, 12:16 pm
Cut out paper into a bunch of coupons
Write on each (bonus points for uaing colorful pens or sharpies) some kind of voucher.
"This coupon entitles miss sarah berger to one free slurpee" etc

Ideas: to stay up 20 min past bedtime, to choose supper one night, to have 30 min of tablet/screen time, to any 1 bakery item/ice cream next time youre near there, to 1 fun makeup session with mommys makeup (good for motzai shabbos) etc etc etc

Cookiegirl

Post Thu, Nov 29 2018, 12:17 pm
Fill her room up with dozens of balloons (not helium...) that she has to wade through to get to her bed. It is totally fun and unexpected (and cheap and easy- you can get a mini bike pump so as to save your lungs ;-)) Enjoy!

dankbar

Post Thu, Nov 29 2018, 12:27 pm
You can have some friends, neighbors, cousins over & pop out when she arrives.

A door sign or banner hanging in party room.

Have everyone call her on phone at same time to wish her happy bday.

Some surprise visitor or entertainer at your house. Like bubby or someone playing music.

seeker

Post Thu, Nov 29 2018, 4:12 pm
Thanks! I made some quick confetti and a card and spread it around under her blanket which she will HOPEFULLY pull back before she goes to sleep (I have to go out tonight)

And I think I can arrange some surprise phone calls, going to work on that now!

ra_mom

Post Thu, Nov 29 2018, 8:40 pm
seeker wrote:
Thanks! I made some quick confetti and a card and spread it around under her blanket which she will HOPEFULLY pull back before she goes to sleep (I have to go out tonight)

And I think I can arrange some surprise phone calls, going to work on that now!

I hope she loves it!! Party

seeker

Post Thu, Nov 29 2018, 11:15 pm
BH she was happy with the bed confetti, and I hope we won't suffer too long because the card leaked some glitter Wink

The surprise phone call came to my phone while I was out! But we will reschedule and it will all be good because the point was the element of surprise, the child is not actually lacking for anything in her life, she just wanted the fun of being surprised and the confetti on her bed accomplished that! Heart
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics