Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
Instapot recipes?

imamazing

Post Thu, Nov 29 2018, 7:43 pm
Hi, like many I bought an Insta pot on an awesome Black Friday special and I am so excited to use it! Is there any website that has kosher Insta pot recipes? I know there is a Facebook group but I am not on Facebook… If anyone can direct me to where I can find good Insta pot recipes that his functional for a large Jewish family, I would be really appreciate them!

MiracleMama

Post Thu, Nov 29 2018, 7:49 pm
Just got mine too! Already made chicken soup and meatballs. The soup came out great but the meatballs were a bit overdone. So definitely looking for trustworthy recipes. Following random recipes online doesn't always work out, lol!

Gerbera

Post Thu, Nov 29 2018, 9:43 pm
https://thisoldgal.com/pressur.....ives/

https://www.familyfreshmeals.c......html

I've made both of these recently.

I also make pasta and meat sauce in the IP which is devoured weekly. Saute meat, add peppers, onions, mushrooms etc. I add 500 grams raw pasta, add a jar of pasta sauce and then fill empty jar with water 3/4 full and dump on top.

I put chicken in and take duck sauce mixed with onion soup mix and dump on top.

Chicken plus salsa and corn.

Beauty for me is dumping frozen chicken in....no need to defrost!

Mommyg8

Post Sun, Dec 02 2018, 9:27 pm
imamazing wrote:
Hi, like many I bought an Insta pot on an awesome Black Friday special and I am so excited to use it! Is there any website that has kosher Insta pot recipes? I know there is a Facebook group but I am not on Facebook… If anyone can direct me to where I can find good Insta pot recipes that his functional for a large Jewish family, I would be really appreciate them!

So far I have just converted my regular recipes and found that it worked well.

For example, when I made meatballs, I set in on sautee and put in the sauce, then mixed the meat and made the balls and put them into the hot sauce. We like our meatballs well cooked so I think I set it for 25 minutes. Same for soups. Sauteed onions and garlic, put in the water and rest of ingredients and set the time for "soup". For soups like split pea, I cook the split peas for a few minutes and then let sit for an hour to soften the peas or beans.

I'm still looking for a good one pot chicken recipe as my chicken recipe does not convert well! Anyone?

MiracleMama

Post Sun, Dec 02 2018, 10:26 pm
Mommyg8 wrote:

For example, when I made meatballs, I set in on sautee and put in the sauce, then mixed the meat and made the balls and put them into the hot sauce. We like our meatballs well cooked so I think I set it for 25 minutes. Same for soups. Sauteed onions and garlic, put in the water and rest of ingredients and set the time for "soup". For soups like split pea, I cook the split peas for a few minutes and then let sit for an hour to soften the peas or beans.

I'm still looking for a good one pot chicken recipe as my chicken recipe does not convert well! Anyone?

Oh, wow. You really do like well done. I did mine for 7 minutes and thought they were overcooked, lol!

bunchagirlies

Post Mon, Dec 03 2018, 8:46 pm
Mommyg8 wrote:

For example, when I made meatballs, I set in on saute and put in the sauce, then mixed the meat and made the balls and put them into the hot sauce. We like our meatballs well cooked so I think I set it for 25 minutes. Same for soups. Sauteed onions and garlic, put in the water and rest of ingredients and set the time for "soup". For soups like split pea, I cook the split peas for a few minutes and then let sit for an hour to soften the peas or beans.

The first meal I made was a one pot chicken supper and came out awesome!!
sliced onions, few cloves garlic on bottom
sliced potatoes and sweet potatoes (next time I would just quarter them)
chicken bottoms and some carrots
a bit of duck sauce (gonna skip next time)
salt, pepper, paprika
about 2 cups water
including peeling the vegetables, it was about an hour start to finish, and I have never seen such soft chicken! literally falling off the bone-softer that from the chicken soup.

the potatoes were too soft, so I would put less water next time. I think I'll also put them over the chicken instead of under.

My pickest eaters loved it!

Mommyg8

Post Mon, Dec 03 2018, 8:56 pm
bunchagirlies wrote:
The first meal I made was a one pot chicken supper and came out awesome!!
sliced onions, few cloves garlic on bottom
sliced potatoes and sweet potatoes (next time I would just quarter them)
chicken bottoms and some carrots
a bit of duck sauce (gonna skip next time)
salt, pepper, paprika
about 2 cups water
including peeling the vegetables, it was about an hour start to finish, and I have never seen such soft chicken! literally falling off the bone-softer that from the chicken soup.

the potatoes were too soft, so I would put less water next time. I think I'll also put them over the chicken instead of under.

My pickest eaters loved it!

Thank you!!! This is the recipe I was looking for!

How long did you cook it for? And why do you think the potatoes should be on top?

WhatFor

Post Mon, Dec 03 2018, 9:57 pm
imamazing wrote:

I have heard of kosher instant pot cookbooks, etc but I think you might get a lot out of just googling when you want a specific recipe. You may have to modify here or there (olive oil is a good butter substitute if you're cooking meat) but I find this way pretty easy.

Is there enough demand on here for us to ask Yael if she would be open to creating an Instant Pot subforum in the recipe section?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics