Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Metal water bottles getting a taste

seeker

Post Fri, Nov 30 2018, 1:32 am
Does that mean that they're dead and need to be replaced or is there something to do about it? And is there any way to prevent this? Granted my SS bottles lasted quite a while but I wouldn't mind them lasting longer. I have two, one is an Amazing Savings no idea what brand, and the other says "TAL" on it. Not sure if the brand makes a difference, I steered away from the really cheap ones just in case.

levlongnprosper

Post Mon, Dec 03 2018, 9:39 pm
If it's a metallic taste, I'd replace them. Otherwise, have you tried a baking soda and vinegar cleaning?

seeker

Post Mon, Dec 03 2018, 9:43 pm
Yes, I'm talking about metallic taste Sad Is that a normal part of aging water bottles or is it something I did?

ra_mom

Post Mon, Dec 03 2018, 9:55 pm
Are you sure they're stainless steel and don't contain aluminum?

seeker

Post Mon, Dec 03 2018, 9:59 pm
Well they SAID they were stainless steel, that's about as sure as I can get... the no-name one I dunno, but the one that seems to be a mainstream brand I'd hope wasn't lying...

ra_mom

Post Mon, Dec 03 2018, 10:15 pm
I don't know what to tell you about why it happened, but if you can taste the metal it's not a good sign and time to retire them.

seeker

Post Mon, Dec 03 2018, 10:36 pm
What's the usual lifespan of a SS water bottle? Wondering if it would help to buy a more expensive one or if this is just the way it goes.
I have a glass water bottle that's holding up fine, but it's significantly heavier, and doesn't keep cold water cold like the metal does (I got spoiled. I had the glass one first and never considered that a problem)

Chana Miriam S

Post Tue, Dec 04 2018, 12:18 am
I have takeyas from Costco and many of them are a number of years old. No metal taste yet.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry