Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Anti-Vaxx Caveat on Kiddush Invite
Previous  1  2

ectomorph

Post Fri, Nov 30 2018, 10:32 am
Keep them home

amother
Powderblue

Post Fri, Nov 30 2018, 10:57 am
When I had boy/girl twins, I kept the girl at home during the bris (no choice for him. Lol).

You can't control what other people do. Even if everyone there is up to date on their vaccines, maybe your neighbor is coming down with the flu or is part of the 3% which doesn't get immunity from the mmr vaccine. You need to do what is right for your babies.

amother
Vermilion

Post Fri, Nov 30 2018, 1:29 pm
This has nothing to do with anti-vaxx. If people from your shul go back and forth to the other city, they are getting exposed. Even though they themselves are not getting sick, they may be carrying the measles germ on them which is carried by air and lives for up to 2 hours. Multiply by many people and your chances are greater. As others said, keep them home and keep them safe.

rainbow dash

Post Sat, Dec 01 2018, 7:07 pm
Like said uptread, don't bring them. I was still in hospital when my girls had their kiddish. And I've been to many here and never have I seen the babies at the kiddish. Not only anti vax you need to worry about but anyone who don't wash their hands or kisses them.

gold21

Post Sat, Dec 01 2018, 9:07 pm
penguin wrote:
Just no.

Here's the thing. B'ezras Hashem your babies will be healthy but it's your reponsibility to keep them that way by not taking undue risks by exposing them to crowds where there are likely to be children with runny noses etc.

That's just normal careful parenting, which is so rare these days, when infants are brought to every wedding at risk of catching every germ and losing their hearing if their ears are not protected.

Making this about the intelligent people who've done their research and choose to protect their children's health by vaccinating on a delayed schedule or not at all is so ...I don't know what word to use, maybe backwards?

But I don't blame you for catching the hysteria which is being pumped up everywhere.

The same way you allow for anti-vaxx parents to protect their children by refusing vaccinations, you logically have to allow for pro-vaxx parents to protect their children by avoiding unvaccinated families.

Otherwise your logic is faulty and one sided.

OP, of course its your right to protect your family according to your beliefs. Surely Penguin wouldn't accord that privilege only to anti-vaxxers....

And it's not hysteria, it's mainstream medical advice.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette