Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Bais Yaakov Machon Ora vs. Bais Yaakov Passaic

amother
Burlywood

Post Sun, Dec 02 2018, 7:48 am
What are the differences? Hashkafically? Academically? What types of girls go? What are the families like? Where do they go after high school? Which seminaries? Colleges? What type of peer pressure is there? Does one cater to a wealthier clientele? Do the girls have close relationships, role models with any of the staff? Do they work with families that can't pay full tuition? What do the girls do when they get together? What are their after school / weekend activities? Can they ask real questions they have? What do they do in the summers? Thanx.

amother
Crimson

Post Sun, Dec 02 2018, 10:56 am
Did you go to the recent open houses? That could have answered many of your questions.

amother
Burlywood

Post Sun, Dec 02 2018, 11:16 am
No, unfortunately I wasn't able to.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Sun, Dec 02 2018, 8:59 pm
I don’t know so much about byp but I can tell you that my dd is at bymo and we are thrilled. It’s only in its 5th year and the first class was only 10 girls so they only had a few girls so far go to seminary. The teachers are excellent, so nice, so professional and real role models for the girls. Academically it’s a very strong school. The classes are all at a very high level and the girls work hard. At the same time there are tons of programs, committees, choir, dance, and other fun activities and the girls are really nice.

amother
Coral

Post Sun, Dec 02 2018, 10:34 pm
BYP is more yeshivish than Machon Ora and perhaps a little less materialistic (although you will find the gamut in both schools).

The first graduating class at BYMO was small, around 3 went to Michlala and the other 7 went to all different places (I think all to the right of Michlala).

From what I can tell, there are lovely girls in both schools as well as satisfied and dissatisfied girls in both schools (although the vast majority are happy in both).

Hatzlacha with your decision.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Sun, Dec 02 2018, 11:46 pm
I went to BYP. Just one aspect I’d point out. I think it’s probably harder to connect with the faculty in BYP. Plenty of girls do connect to teachers but it’s not the norm. Machon ora is a smaller school so more attention?

cookies6

Post Mon, Dec 03 2018, 10:08 am
I don't know that much about Machon Ora but I have two girls who went/are currently in BYP and they both love it! I think it's the kind of school that offers the girls a chance to work hard if they want (both my girls took AP classes and worked very hard at them) but also allows girls to coast through if that's what works for them.

amother
Magenta

Post Mon, Dec 03 2018, 10:15 am
Can anyone who sends to BYMO write what AP classes they offer?

amother
Coral

Post Mon, Dec 03 2018, 10:18 am
amother wrote:
BYP is more yeshivish than Machon Ora and perhaps a little less materialistic (although you will find the gamut in both schools).

The first graduating class at BYMO was small, around 3 went to Michlala and the other 7 went to all different places (I think all to the right of Michlala).

From what I can tell, there are lovely girls in both schools as well as satisfied and dissatisfied girls in both schools (although the vast majority are happy in both).

Hatzlacha with your decision.

Why did this post get hugged?!!?

amother
Lawngreen

Post Mon, Dec 03 2018, 11:08 am
amother wrote:
Can anyone who sends to BYMO write what AP classes they offer?

As far as I know they offer: ap computer science, ap Java, ap us history, ap calculus, and ap psychology. In other years, when there has been interest, they have offered ap environmental studies.

amother
Green

Post Fri, Aug 20 2021, 3:59 pm
Bump
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics