Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Vitamins for Measles and Vaccinations

amother
Seashell

Post Sun, Dec 02 2018, 4:42 pm
With Hashem's help.

For the benefit of the public:

Research spearheaded by Dr. Linus Pauling, a nobel prize winner, and Dr. F.R Klenner has shown that giving large dosages of vitamin C has been very beneficial for infectious illnesses and has made a tremendous difference in the healing process.
It has also been seen to be beneficial in preventing vaccination side effects, when given before and after vaccination.

The dosage, which is different for each person, is until one reaches bowel tolerance, which means: the amount the bowels can handle without becoming very loose. In practice, this means that when bowel movements start to become loose or the stomach starts to rumble it's time to stop giving the vitamin C.

If symptoms of illness persist, continue the vitamin C regimen once the bowel movements get firmer.

How much Vitamin C are we talking about? A lot.

The more ill a child is, the more vitamin C the child needs and the more the child's body will tolerate.

A good place to start is around 1000mg/day. (But for infants under 5 kg, 500 mg/day, and for babies between 5 kg and 9 kg, 500 - 1000 mg/day.) Some babies who are acutely sick can tolerate 3000 mg/day. Older children can tolerate even more. (In very serious cases 10,000mg and even more can be tolerated.)

The best way to introduce high dosage vitamin C into the body is to give a heaping dose in the morning and then smaller amounts every 2-3 hours to keep the body saturated with vitamin C throughout the day.

Vitamin C can be buffered with baking soda to make it more gentle on the stomach. This will help the body tolerate a larger dosage. To make buffered vitamin C, the ratio is 2:1, mixing 2 parts vitamin C and one part baking soda.

The vitamin C can be stopped when the child is feeling better or a few days after vaccination.

During pregnancy, excessive dosages of vitamin C should not be taken as it can later cause a withdrawal reaction in the newborn after birth, leading to frequent colds in the infant. Additionally, there are opinions that high doses of vitamin C in early pregnancy might lead to miscarriage.

NOTE:
Vitamin C is water soluble and does not get stored in the body so it is not dangerous. Overdose will only cause diarrhea.
Vitamin C in candy form can be used crushed or whole. To crush it, put it into a bag and bang with a hammer.
Once vitamin C is mixed with water, it should be used within a few minutes, otherwise the potency will start dissipating.

On another note, for infections and illness, and specifically for the measles, giving a high dose of vitamin A (100,000 - 200,000 IU which is equivalent to 30 – 60mg vitamin A) has literally saved lives in developing countries. However, this is a strong overdose for a healthy person.

In the general population, high dose vitamin A is not safe, and even more so, high dose vitamin A is not safe for pregnant women, as it is a fat-soluble vitamin and gets stored in the body. Early symptoms of vitamin A overdose are nausea, vomiting, dizziness, and blurry vision, among others.

Vitamin A is safe though when used in smaller amounts.

At times of illness, and specifically for the measles, giving a slightly stronger dose of vitamin A, such as 10,000 IU per day for 1-2 days, can really boost the immune system and help the healing process. The equivalence of 10,000 IU vitamin A is 3,000mcg or 3mg.

This dose can be given with the measles vaccine as well.

According to the WHO, World Health Organization, an international organization for public health: "All children diagnosed with measles should receive two doses of vitamin A supplements, given 24 hours apart. This treatment restores low vitamin A levels during measles that occur even in well-nourished children and can help prevent eye damage and blindness. Vitamin A supplements have been shown to reduce the number of deaths from measles by 50%."

As per the Mayo Clinic, having a vitamin A deficiency in one's diet will make one more likely to have more severe symptoms and complications in the case of measles.

(I personally used 15,000 IU vitamin D and 20,000 IU vitamin A per day for 2-3 days with a 1.5 year-old child who had a respiratory infection. I didn't see results with the smaller amount of 10,000 IU per day but Boruch Hashem saw great improvement with the larger dosage.)

Beef liver and chicken liver are rich sources of vitamin A. Smaller amounts can be found in salmon, tuna, and mackerel. And yet smaller amounts can be found in butter and eggs. These are animal sources which contain ready-to-use vitamin A.

Yellow/orange vegetables and fruit, especially sweet potatoes and carrots, have beta-carotene which can be converted into vitamin A and absorbed in the blood stream when eaten with fat (ex: butter). (Romaine lettuce and spinach also have beta-carotene.)

Around half of the population still needs animal sources of vitamin A, due to difficulty in converting beta-carotene to vitamin A.

In general, people with good levels of both vitamin A and D in their system are healthier and less prone to infectious illness.

Vitamin D, the sunshine vitamin, also helps the body fight infection and illness. It is supplied by exposure of the skin (the lower arms and face also suffice) to sunshine for a short time daily. This exposure should be when the sun is high in the sky, and especially during the summer months.

Vitamin D is also found in liver and in fatty fish such as salmon, herring, tuna, mackerel, and sardines.

Please share this information with family and friends.

With Hashem's kindness, may we all be protected from illness and granted good health, Amen.

If you have any questions or comments you can email:
eysl613@gmail.com

amother
Maroon

Post Sun, Dec 02 2018, 5:25 pm
Thanks for posting! I knew the info but it's always good to hear from someone else's personal experience.

I can't seem to find chewable vitamin A that will be suitable for children. Any leads?

amother
Teal

Post Sun, Dec 02 2018, 6:57 pm
Please be careful.
Overdosing on vitamin c can cause miscarriage.
Overdosing on vitamin a is incredibly dangerous and for measles it’s given as an injection under a doctor’s order. Please don’t try this at home.

ectomorph

Post Sun, Dec 02 2018, 8:18 pm
Vitamin a in some forms causes birth defects if taken while pregnant. Please consult your on before taking anything while pregnany

amother
Coral

Post Sun, Dec 02 2018, 8:52 pm
Ectomorph and Amother Teal, those very concerns were mentioned in the OP.

ectomorph

Post Sun, Dec 02 2018, 8:55 pm
Not clearly enough. It said I could cause miscarriage. But vitamin a can cause severe birth defects as well.

And all vitamins can cause liver toxicity and liver failure. In too high amounts

amother
Bronze

Post Sun, Dec 02 2018, 9:29 pm
https://www.quackwatch.org/01Q......html

Frumwithallergies

Post Sun, Dec 02 2018, 9:45 pm
amother wrote:
https://www.quackwatch.org/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/pauling.html

This!

amother
Seashell

Post Mon, Dec 03 2018, 9:52 am
I use vitamin A in tablet form and find that it dissolves very easily in a little bit of water.
For older children, I add some juice to the dissolved vitamin A and let them drink with a straw so they catch all the little pieces that settle to the bottom.
For babies, I put the dissolved vitamin A into some applesauce and mix.

amother
Salmon

Post Mon, Dec 03 2018, 9:56 am
what about for nursing babies?

amother
Denim

Post Mon, Dec 03 2018, 10:03 am
Cod liver oil is a natural food source for both vitamin a and vitamin d. As such, it is safer to consume.

amother
Salmon

Post Mon, Dec 03 2018, 10:18 am
do you know of kosher cod liver oil?

ectomorph

Post Mon, Dec 03 2018, 10:25 am
Natural does not mean safe.

in fact you can cause birth defects by taking all natural supplements

including cod liver oil

amother
Khaki

Post Mon, Dec 03 2018, 11:15 am
Seashell Amother, with all due respect, I don't think this post is helpful. I'm very into natural medicine and homeopathy. I understand the vitamin protocol you are suggesting. But even that should be done under the guidance of a holistic doctor, as every child and situation is unique.

amother
Maroon

Post Tue, Dec 04 2018, 5:33 am
OP, what about SSPE? Can anything be done to prevent that?

Rappel

Post Tue, Dec 04 2018, 6:54 am
I'm definitely a fan of home vitamin C treatment (though not to the point of diarrhea)

but vitamin a...
Even if you are perfectly healthy and not pregnant, vitamin a has a low toxicity point, and will do all the things listed in the OP, and more. Aside from the extreme pain, the risk of mortality from an overdose is very high.

In The Violinist's Thumb, the author details a story of a group of Arctic explorers whom ate polar bear liver (very concentrated vitamin a). Among those that lived, several lost all their skin, bare to the flesh beneath, and all suffered horrible agonies. Not something I'd wish on any child in my care.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics