Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions
DH need another bris-help time sensitive
Previous  1  2  3  Next

chanchy123

Post Mon, Dec 03 2018, 5:45 am
Try to think about it this way. Lucky you have mikva right after the procedure so it will be easier for you to help DH out, and comfort him. It would be 100% harder if you were nida and couldn't help him out, or hold his hand or whatever.
I am sure you are doing the right thing and you have turned to the right person for guidance. May you have good shlichim and I join the other posters - may the zchut and mesirut nefesh of this experience give you as many healthy children as you want.

amother
Amber

Post Mon, Dec 03 2018, 6:03 am
My brother had to have his redone as a teen. Treat him as you would after any surgery, and yes - the third day after is the worst.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Tue, Dec 04 2018, 6:54 pm
Op here, just a little update. So dh had the bris done & he wasn't in terrible pain, a bit groggy though. But later on he fainted- we not sure exactly frm what . & went of mohel who did bris checked on him waited a few min & said he fine. But now he back ache cuz when he fainted it was backwards over the bathtub!
W/ tylonol or motrin he's ok but when it wears off he's in pain. And he also not walking properly... so that's the story!

ra_mom

Post Tue, Dec 04 2018, 6:59 pm
Oy Refuah Shelaima!! I hope he's taking pain meds before the earlier ones wear off, and that he's staying home and resting.

crust

Post Tue, Dec 04 2018, 8:49 pm
Refuah shliema to him! That must be hard.
Can he get a prescription strength pain killer for the next few days?

amother
Blonde

Post Tue, Dec 04 2018, 8:53 pm
Is the mohel a doctor also? If not , and he is still not feeling well, I would call a doctor.

amother
Red

Post Tue, Dec 04 2018, 10:37 pm
Can he wear an ice pack in the underwear? Like what I did after childbirth. It made everything feel so much better and the inflammation go down.

amother
Orange

Post Wed, Dec 05 2018, 2:55 am
Fainting after surgery isn't uncommon. It sounds like a vasovagal reaction to the procedure. I hope his back feels better along with everything else. Besuros tovos!

amother
Wheat

Post Thu, Dec 06 2018, 11:37 am
amother wrote:
Can he wear an ice pack in the underwear? Like what I did after childbirth. It made everything feel so much better and the inflammation go down.

If the mohel agrees on ice packs, the ice pack should be small, maybe "foxy pops" wrapped in something so its not fully cold, all doctors agree on that to avoid skin burns from cold.

Call the MD as well. Must be hard because you can only share with a few people in real life.

To make you laugh....When my son was little he was gonna have surgery I told the gentillle doctor what am I gonna tell my son? How will I explain about that body part? He said , why its such a noble part of the body KKK

imasoftov

Post Fri, Dec 07 2018, 6:18 am
amother wrote:
To make you laugh....When my son was little he was gonna have surgery I told the gentillle doctor what am I gonna tell my son? How will I explain about that body part? He said , why its such a noble part of the body KKK

I don't get it, was the doctor wearing a white hood?

amother
Wheat

Post Fri, Dec 07 2018, 7:17 am
Fainting happens after dificult awake procedures many times. After a doctor tells you its nothing I would say its from holding the fear and frustration for long. My oral surgeon said that because I was not crying during that extremely complicated procedure, the fear stayed bottled up and I almost fainted later. She just avoided by making me get up and observe that I was going to faint and lie me back again with raised feet.

Thank Hashem and thank deeply the nurse who spotted the issue to be corrected.

amother
Sapphire

Post Fri, Dec 07 2018, 8:12 am
Fainting happens as a side effect from anesthesia.
His back pain sounds terrible. Do you think he needs an X-ray?
If you have a good chiropractor it might be worth it for your dh to go. Can alleviate some of the pain.

octopus

Post Fri, Dec 07 2018, 8:52 am
Do people actually read threads??? Back pain?! Can't Believe It

wow

Post Fri, Dec 07 2018, 9:02 am
octopus wrote:
Do people actually read threads??? Back pain?! Can't Believe It

Scroll up. OP wrote he now has back pain because when he fainted in the tub he fell on his back. Did you read the thread??

octopus

Post Fri, Dec 07 2018, 11:00 am
wow wrote:
Scroll up. OP wrote he now has back pain because when he fainted in the tub he fell on his back. Did you read the thread??

I guess not! Tongue Out

amother
Forestgreen

Post Fri, Dec 07 2018, 3:54 pm
amother wrote:
Fainting happens as a side effect from anesthesia.
His back pain sounds terrible. Do you think he needs an X-ray?
If you have a good chiropractor it might be worth it for your dh to go. Can alleviate some of the pain.

OP here So we were told fainting was probably frm anesthesia.
And he went to dr. who ordered an x-ray result is a small or better said fracture in one of his right ribs...! He was home all week and probably gonna go back to work on tues.
And his bris doesn't really hurt except sometimes the stitches bother him and also hurts when he gets to close to me & then things happen.... ( not gonna say it out...)
So I feel like am a nidda a bit cuz can't have too much of physical relationship....
And really sad abt this. .... and can't even really talk to a/o abt this...
Crying Broken Heart

amother
Sapphire

Post Sat, Dec 08 2018, 6:48 pm
amother wrote:
And he went to dr. who ordered an x-ray result is a small or better said fracture in one of his right ribs...! He was home all week and probably gonna go back to work on tues.
And his bris doesn't really hurt except sometimes the stitches bother him and also hurts when he gets to close to me & then things happen.... ( not gonna say it out...)
So I feel like am a nidda a bit cuz can't have too much of physical relationship....
Crying Broken Heart

In a way it’s a good cover up that he hurt his back if people aren’t supposed to know that he had to re-do the bris... even though that is beyond painful

ra_mom

Post Sat, Dec 08 2018, 7:06 pm
amother wrote:
Crying Broken Heart

That sounds really hard. Crying

octopus

Post Sat, Dec 08 2018, 8:18 pm
Oy! Refuah shleima!

amother
Aubergine

Post Sat, Dec 08 2018, 11:26 pm
crust wrote:
Talk to Ari Weiss from Monroe 845 537 1191
I know he has done a lot of these kinds of Bris'n.
Hugs and hatzlacha

Another vote for R' Aron Weiss. My family uses him on a regular basis and he's known to be called worldwide for complicated brissim. Our grandsons didn't cry, only a short soft stress cry, which is very different than what my older boys experienced.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions