Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
What makes your baby laugh?
1  2  Next

thegiver

Post Sun, Dec 02 2018, 4:10 pm
Besides peekaboo Smile
My LO is teething and could use a picker up-er

pesek zman

Post Sun, Dec 02 2018, 4:14 pm
Tylenol/Advil/Motrin and Camilla will pick her right up

thegiver

Post Sun, Dec 02 2018, 4:15 pm
I dont do drugs hehe

thegiver

Post Sun, Dec 02 2018, 4:16 pm
Reallyi just want toknow how to make her laugh

amother
Blonde

Post Sun, Dec 02 2018, 4:36 pm
https://www.babyjoyco.com/coll.....20040

pesek zman

Post Sun, Dec 02 2018, 4:39 pm
thegiver wrote:
I dont do drugs hehe

You don’t give pain meds to a baby in pain? And you think it’s funny?

If you, and adult, want to refuse pain meds, you’re within your rights to do so. But to subject a tiny baby to torturous teething pain is cruel.

Speak to your pediatrician. I’m aure she’ll agree that Knock knock jokes won’t cut it

Sebastian

Post Sun, Dec 02 2018, 4:51 pm
try giving her a cold teether. If she's in pain, peekaboo won't help. (and pesek zman I agree with you, but it's her kid :shrug)

Frumwithallergies

Post Sun, Dec 02 2018, 5:01 pm
Tylenol as needed, is not a drug IMHO. But works well for babies in pain, when all else fails.

Wearing the baby in a carry pouch soothes the infant and comforts.

amother
Firebrick

Post Sun, Dec 02 2018, 5:16 pm
thegiver wrote:
I dont do drugs hehe

When you are in pain do you also not take anything?
Like if you had a tooth ache or waiting for a root canal you would just grin and bare it?

pesek zman

Post Sun, Dec 02 2018, 5:28 pm
amother wrote:
When you are in pain do you also not take anything?
Like if you had a tooth ache or waiting for a root canal you would just grin and bare it?

No she’d read the laffy taffy jokes and give herself a good chuckle

allthingsblue

Post Sun, Dec 02 2018, 5:39 pm
How bad is yor baby's pain?
Boruch Hashem my babies seemed to have minimal or no pain from teething, they slept well at night, perhaps there was minor kvetchiness during the day but that was easily solved by distraction/pacifier/teething toys etc. I don't think we have Tylenol or than 2 or 3 times.
If your baby is not in pain but is a bit uncomfortable, you can distract her with funny faces, peekabo, funny sounds, clapping, baby rhymes, books, stuffed animals...

amother
Turquoise

Post Sun, Dec 02 2018, 9:08 pm
How old is your baby?

My 4-month-old thinks it's really funny when I take her hands and pop my cheeks with them. She giggles a lot. She also likes when I tickle her tummy.

Last edited by amother on Thu, Jul 11 2019, 8:47 am; edited 1 time in total

amazingmommy

Post Mon, Dec 03 2018, 7:42 am
Op, Camillia is a homeopathic remedy that’s really nice- pesek Zman reccomended it above.
There is also a teething oil from nature’s cure in the health food store...
I’ve also heard from people that smearing alittle vodka on your little ones gums is helpful.

thunderstorm

Post Mon, Dec 03 2018, 7:48 am
OP, how old is your baby? My four and a half month old loves when we turn on music and liked it even more if I hold her and dance to the music. She has two teeth and still shows signs of teething. But if she were truly miserable I'd give her Tylenol.

amother
Burlywood

Post Mon, Dec 03 2018, 8:44 am
amazingmommy wrote:
Op, Camillia is a homeopathic remedy that’s really nice- pesek Zman reccomended it above.
There is also a teething oil from nature’s cure in the health food store...
I’ve also heard from people that smearing alittle vodka on your little ones gums is helpful.

When my kids teethed I'd give Tylenol, then rub a drop of vodka (so that she had local and general pain blockers) on their guns and then pressure rub it. It would relieve the pain for quite a while.

I'd always let my father would do it while I cried cuz I never had the heart but it was the only thing that gave them some relief! Then we moved away and I had to do it.
This poor baby was a terrible teether.

I just moments ago had this discussion about babies and pian.

My neighbor didn't give her kids Tylenol when they all had a bad case of the flu last year. Including a baby. Because it's "helathy" to "shvitz" it out. But then this year when she had terrible recurrent throat /strep infections, oh and HOW she took drugs. Any drug. She took massive doses of strong pain killers, abx and steroids. I have a name for such parenting. It's called abusive parenting.

I rarely take pain meds. Not because I don't get sick but because I try to push thru as much as possible. And I know it's really not so good for me.
If, when my kids get older and chouse to do the same I'll teach them all my tricks to make them feel better. Till then, Tylenol it is!

spoiled

Post Mon, Dec 03 2018, 1:09 pm
smileforamile wrote:
How old is your baby?

My 4-month-old thinks it's really funny when I take her hands and pop my cheeks with them. She giggles a lot. She also likes when I tickle her tummy.

No, your baby doesn't like it when you tickle. She's laughing, right, it's a reflex. But doesn't enjoy it!

NovelConcept

Post Mon, Dec 03 2018, 1:28 pm
I definitely believe teething pain varies by person. My babies never had much difficulty. Many times I didn't even know they had gotten a new tooth until they gave a big smile and woah! What's that? A cute new tooth!
But if a baby is suffering, please do give pain reliever, within reason.

Rappel

Post Mon, Dec 03 2018, 3:34 pm
If you rub powdered cloves on your baby's gums, then it will numb them. (Try it on yourself - it's actually really cool!)

Giving her a piece of frozen bread to gnaw on can help the tooth break through.

As for giggles... My baby loves when I nuzzle her and kiss her on the neck and belly, or when I sing a silly song and dip her backward at the punchline.

Good luck with the teething! It will be over soon!

amazingmommy

Post Mon, Dec 03 2018, 3:40 pm
amother wrote:
When my kids teethed I'd give Tylenol, then rub a drop of vodka (so that she had local and general pain blockers) on their guns and then pressure rub it. It would relieve the pain for quite a while.

I'd always let my father would do it while I cried cuz I never had the heart but it was the only thing that gave them some relief! Then we moved away and I had to do it.
This poor baby was a terrible teether.

I just moments ago had this discussion about babies and pian.

My neighbor didn't give her kids Tylenol when they all had a bad case of the flu last year. Including a baby. Because it's "helathy" to "shvitz" it out. But then this year when she had terrible recurrent throat /strep infections, oh and HOW she took drugs. Any drug. She took massive doses of strong pain killers, abx and steroids. I have a name for such parenting. It's called abusive parenting.

I rarely take pain meds. Not because I don't get sick but because I try to push thru as much as possible. And I know it's really not so good for me.
If, when my kids get older and chouse to do the same I'll teach them all my tricks to make them feel better. Till then, Tylenol it is!

I’m with you burlywood, I believe we should do whatever it is to make our children feeling most comfortable.

mammale

Post Mon, Dec 03 2018, 4:25 pm
I think people are being a bit harsh. Each parent does what they feel is good for their kids. Op said she doesn't do pain meds, she did NOT say she ignores her baby screaming in pain. She is asking how to distract her baby from the pain - that is teaching her child how to cope with pain, and will serve her/him for the rest of her/his life.

FTR. I don't do pains meds either, and neither does my mother. I believe that is why I have a high tolerance for pain. If my kids were in alot of pain, and nothing else was working, I'd give them as a last resort.

Op, I nurse my babies alot when they are teething, and hold them and let them bite my finger. I've heard of rubbing vodka, but I never noticed a difference.. clove tea ( also didn't notice a difference... I'm going to try ground cloves like someone else mentioned).
What makes baby laugh? Talking, making noises / faces... Kissing under chin..
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics