Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Want to Stage a Production

Zeeskeit

Post Thu, Nov 29 2007, 2:39 pm
Hiya!

I got this urge Surprised to try my hand at directing a play....something jewish for young girls/married women....I know nothing about the tech. aspects, just wanna act, sing, direct.....Pref. a musical.....pls post info......! Wink

Beauty and the Beast

Post Thu, Nov 29 2007, 2:43 pm
oooh, ooh, count me in!!
I have worked on plays before, behind the curtain, in front of the curtain, never did curtains tho, lol!!

mummiedearest

Post Thu, Nov 29 2007, 5:26 pm
I wrote/directed a play in high school. does that count?

yersp

Post Thu, Nov 29 2007, 5:29 pm
I'd love to be in your play, although I've never acted anywhere, I'd definitely give it a try!!

amother

Post Thu, Nov 29 2007, 5:35 pm
I would love to write you a play!

ClaRivka

Post Thu, Nov 29 2007, 5:35 pm
Sorry I don't know why I posted anon

MahPitom

Post Thu, Nov 29 2007, 5:47 pm
count me in... any role will do

momluv

Post Thu, Nov 29 2007, 5:52 pm
yeah, where are you planning to organize it? in ny, toronto, england, cleveland.... where are you located and where do you want the women and girls from?

MahPitom

Post Thu, Nov 29 2007, 5:55 pm
it can be an internet group, virtual comedy!

Zeeskeit

Post Fri, Nov 30 2007, 10:22 am
BP here....I just have this dream but am not the type to organize/undertake such a hugge project....I'd love to have a big hand in it though.....anyone know of something in the works already but are looking for help?

As far as script....I have a couple of ideas.....

The Secret Garden - jewified...
A story based on real life - girl from abusive home finds a way out....
Story dealing with reality of cancer/infertility - or other big issues out there.....

Tell me what you think....I'm open to ideas....maybe once I get a good script I'll actully do it myself....

Garden

Post Fri, Nov 30 2007, 10:46 am
Personally, I think the idea of doing a play on overcoming cancer or anorexia more prevalent. I'm afraid that the society we live in today will gasp in horror at a production made about abusive homes or infertility. Fact is that most of the crowd will be high school girls and in that case, the latter topics might not be acceptable to their parents. Depends really if you want to make it women only.

Zeeskeit

Post Fri, Nov 30 2007, 11:00 am
I am really pulled to the abusive story....not dwelling on what happened to her at home but hearing her tell it to a friend.....

The reason for this is that I was that friend once....A girl I met in camp and became really close to finally revealed this to me....I was a pretty out-there-in-the-world kinda kid and not very sheltered....but this SHOCKED me...I knew it existed but it had never been confirmed by someone I knew well.....I think it IS important that HS Girls know that not everyone has a picture perfect life...and be careful/sensetive with others even though you don't know that she has horror in her background.....I wouldn't go into the details at all since I B"H dont' know them.....My friend never told me what she experienced....I don't think that's the point....I just think that girls should be aware that life isn't a bunch of roses for everyone.....

Garden

Post Fri, Nov 30 2007, 12:02 pm
Zeeskeit wrote:
I am really pulled to the abusive story....not dwelling on what happened to her at home but hearing her tell it to a friend.....

The reason for this is that I was that friend once....A girl I met in camp and became really close to finally revealed this to me....I was a pretty out-there-in-the-world kinda kid and not very sheltered....but this SHOCKED me...I knew it existed but it had never been confirmed by someone I knew well.....I think it IS important that HS Girls know that not everyone has a picture perfect life...and be careful/sensetive with others even though you don't know that she has horror in her background.....I wouldn't go into the details at all since I B"H dont' know them.....My friend never told me what she experienced....I don't think that's the point....I just think that girls should be aware that life isn't a bunch of roses for everyone.....

I agree with you! I guess if you don't give all the details it would be fine but then how would you get a full script without the details..Sounds like a very nice idea and I wish you luck in fulfilling this dream.

nicole81

Post Fri, Nov 30 2007, 3:53 pm
if you're doing a musical, I might like to take part in it. I have experience teaching music and directing singers in musicals, as well as writing music...

chocolate moose

Post Fri, Nov 30 2007, 4:03 pm
we're gonna need an audience, too.

faigie

Post Sat, Dec 01 2007, 10:05 pm
count me in!

Raisin

Post Sun, Dec 02 2007, 7:07 am
WHat is wrong with infertility? Kids are taught about it in parsha and tanach. (Sarah, Rivka, Rachel, Chana)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics