Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
IFly protocol and tznius
1  2  Next

amother
Chartreuse

Post Mon, Dec 03 2018, 8:24 am
Has anyone been to iFly and asked to put a skirt on top of the jumpsuit they require you to wear? Were they okay with that? How would you suggest a frum girl/woman participate?

TIA

amother
Brunette

Post Mon, Dec 03 2018, 8:45 am
My sister in law wanted to go with friends they did not allow them to wear a skirt. It's too loose and can get stuck onto something.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Mon, Dec 03 2018, 8:46 am
Can other people see you when you fly or just your instructor and whoever is flying with you?

mfb

Post Mon, Dec 03 2018, 8:48 am
A different issue might also be if the instructor is male since he has to hold onto you and help you move your body into a laying position. I can’t imagine wearing a skirt in there it will fly and flap... (I never entered dh did)

mfb

Post Mon, Dec 03 2018, 8:49 am
amother wrote:
Can other people see you when you fly or just your instructor and whoever is flying with you?

It’s surrounded by glass on all sides everyone waiting on line and that came along with others sees you.

amother
Blue

Post Mon, Dec 03 2018, 8:49 am
amother wrote:
Has anyone been to iFly and asked to put a skirt on top of the jumpsuit they require you to wear? Were they okay with that? How would you suggest a frum girl/woman participate?

TIA

Putting on a skirt won't help you be tznius in any way. The skirt will just be blown up and out. I doubt they'd allow you to do it either way, it would interfere with the wind in the tunnel and won't allow you to 'fly'.

Additionally, it probably would be considered to be very unsafe.

I was there Chol Hamoed with a lot of heimishe families. Everyone, (from big to small), including ALL women, wore those heavily padded bodysuits. They are the last things to be considered untznius. You can barely make out the form of anyone. You can hardly tell if the person wearing it is heavy or skinny. All you see is the basic outline of the human body.

mfb

Post Mon, Dec 03 2018, 8:51 am
It’s basically a wide glass tube with screen on the bottom and a huge fan under the screen that pushes you up in the air

mfb

Post Mon, Dec 03 2018, 8:52 am
amother wrote:
Putting on a skirt won't help you be tznius in any way. The skirt will just be blown up and out. I doubt they'd allow you to do it either way, it would interfere with the wind in the tunnel and won't allow you to 'fly'.

Additionally, it probably would be considered to be very unsafe.

I was there Chol Hamoed with a lot of heimishe families. Everyone, (from big to small), including ALL women, wore those heavily padded bodysuits. They are the last things to be considered untznius. You can barely make out the form of anyone. You can hardly tell if the person wearing it is heavy or skinny. All you see is the basic outline of the human body.

I actually think that once in the tube with the air blowing the suit takes on the body shape .

amother
Blue

Post Mon, Dec 03 2018, 8:56 am
mfb wrote:
I actually think that once in the tube with the air blowing the suit takes on the body shape .

It does not. It is so heavily padded, that it's impossible to take on the body shape. I have pics and videos of my entire family doing this, but alas, they probably won't allow me to post it here Smile.

I was just there this past Sukkos, so talking from experience.

amother
Blush

Post Mon, Dec 03 2018, 8:59 am
amother wrote:
It does not. It is so heavily padded, that it's impossible to take on the body shape. I have pics and videos of my entire family doing this, but alas, they probably won't allow me to post it here Smile.

I was just there this past Sukkos, so talking from experience.

You very clearly see two legs.

Ruchel

Post Mon, Dec 03 2018, 9:01 am
Very rarely have I been forbidden to add a skirt on top of whatever

amother
Blue

Post Mon, Dec 03 2018, 9:02 am
amother wrote:

You see two heavily padded legs, two heavily padded arms and a padded torso. You can't even make out who's female or male, unless you scrutinize the face intently (or see a beard).

Seeing the outline of a human body is not untznius in my opinion. If that were true, we should all be wearing burkas.

amother
Blush

Post Mon, Dec 03 2018, 9:08 am
amother wrote:
You see two heavily padded legs, two heavily padded arms and a padded torso. You can't even make out who's female or male, unless you scrutinize the face intently (or see a beard).

Seeing the outline of a human body is not untznius in my opinion. If that were true, we should all be wearing burkas.

This argument would permit women to wear loose fitting pants - yet this isn't permitted by most.

amother
Blue

Post Mon, Dec 03 2018, 9:12 am
Ruchel wrote:
Very rarely have I been forbidden to add a skirt on top of whatever

In this case, it would be counterproductive. One, you're in a wind tunnel with very high wind speeds, your skirt would be blown right up and out. It would expose everything you're trying to cover. Secondly, that wind needs to be able to circulate properly to keep you up in the air. So if you block that air from flowing, you'll crash land with a thud.

amother
Blue

Post Mon, Dec 03 2018, 9:14 am
amother wrote:
This argument would permit women to wear loose fitting pants - yet this isn't permitted by most.

Not exactly. The shape of your bottom can still clearly be seen in loose fitting jeans. Something that cannot be seen in this heavily padded bodysuit.

Think of an astronaut, though a bit less bulky Smile

Ruchel

Post Mon, Dec 03 2018, 9:15 am
than maybe a tube skirt? I suppose a shaila is in order LOL

amother
Blue

Post Mon, Dec 03 2018, 9:16 am
Ruchel wrote:
than maybe a tube skirt? I suppose a shaila is in order LOL

If you have an issue with it, ask a shaila. On Chol Hamoed the place was filled with heimishe, (including Chassidish families), who apparently had no issues with it.

amother
Blush

Post Mon, Dec 03 2018, 9:18 am
amother wrote:
Not exactly. The shape of your bottom can still clearly be seen in loose fitting jeans. Something that cannot be seen in this heavily padded bodysuit.

Think of an astronaut, though a bit less bulky Smile

There are pictures of this activity available on the internet. I don't need to use my imagination.

sub

Post Mon, Dec 03 2018, 9:22 am
they wont allow anything. the suits are bulky. you wear a helmet and goggles . the experience is amazing. if you think wearing the suit is a problem then its not for you. I would love to experience a real parachute drop but am too chicken, so this was the next best thing. BTW there is a weight and height limit for safety purposes.

sub

Post Mon, Dec 03 2018, 9:25 am
amother wrote:

no you don't . they look more like two logs
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics