Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Nachlas/Bnos Esther Malka/Bnos Yaakov/Meoros
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Tomato

Post Mon, Nov 28 2022, 1:40 am
Are these schools strict with vaccines? You need to be very upto date ?

amother
Mistyrose

Post Mon, Nov 28 2022, 9:45 am
amother Tomato wrote:
Are these schools strict with vaccines? You need to be very upto date ?

All schools legally have to

amother
Tomato

Post Sun, Jan 15 2023, 1:10 am
Hi
Can someone tell me today more info the difference from
Bnos Esther Malka
Bnos Yaakov
Neemas Bais yaakov
Warmth, middos, Hashkafa, parent body
Thanks

amother
Mistyrose

Post Sun, Jan 15 2023, 1:11 am
amother Mistyrose wrote:
I can't compare schools, I'm only in one.
I can talk about Bnos Esther Malka.
Unbelievable school.
So warm, accepting, happy atmosphere, loving principals and teachers.
The parent body is a big mix. Mostly frum working crowd, many out of town type.
I don't find there to be a pressure to have/wear whatever's in.
For reference, my family is of the more Yeshivish in the school, but my girls do not feel out of place. It's so accepting, everyone can be who they are without the need to be like others who are different.
Academics pretty high, but I'd say less pressured than Bnos Yaakov (I used to work there).
And there is nobody in the world like Mrs. Schorr!

amother
Tomato

Post Sun, Jan 15 2023, 9:17 am
Bumping this up

amother
Crystal

Post Mon, May 08 2023, 10:03 am
bump

amother
Emerald

Post Mon, May 08 2023, 10:08 am
For those bumping the thread , do you have a specific question ?

amother
Crystal

Post Mon, May 08 2023, 10:24 am
I'm looking for any updates to the parent body and hashkafos for these schools, but specifically Bnos Esther Malka and Meoros. Any information that's current please - thank you, this is for toeles!

amother
DarkRed

Post Mon, May 08 2023, 10:49 am
amother Crystal wrote:
I'm looking for any updates to the parent body and hashkafos for these schools, but specifically Bnos Esther Malka and Meoros. Any information that's current please - thank you, this is for toeles!

I send to BEM and I have a lot of friends in Meoros. There is is a big overlap in the crowd. I can only speak for my own school but the chinuch is incredible. The learning is on a high level but there is also so much emphasis on middos and lots of extra contests like a weekly hilchos shabbos contest. I’ve been happy with every single teacher so far and of course the principals are incredible role models (both for the girls and myself!). The crowd is a big mix. Parents from OOT, parents from Brooklyn originally. Lots of parents who started off in kollel for a few years.

amother
Crystal

Post Mon, May 08 2023, 10:59 am
amother DarkRed wrote:
I send to BEM and I have a lot of friends in Meoros. There is is a big overlap in the crowd. I can only speak for my own school but the chinuch is incredible. The learning is on a high level but there is also so much emphasis on middos and lots of extra contests like a weekly hilchos shabbos contest. I’ve been happy with every single teacher so far and of course the principals are incredible role models (both for the girls and myself!). The crowd is a big mix. Parents from OOT, parents from Brooklyn originally. Lots of parents who started off in kollel for a few years.

Can you tell me how with it the families are? Do the kids wear designer clothes?

What about after school and weekend activities? technology? music/videos?

Thank you!

amother
Catmint

Post Mon, May 08 2023, 11:03 am
Not familiar with meoros but Bnos yaakov parent body is more yeshivish than the others listed.

amother
Emerald

Post Mon, May 08 2023, 11:09 am
Those two schools are wonderful schools with wonderful principals teachers and parent bodies but they are more “with it” schools hashkafically. To the left for Lakewood , but still black hat schools.

amother
Crystal

Post Mon, May 08 2023, 11:13 am
amother Emerald wrote:
Those two schools are wonderful schools with wonderful principals teachers and parent bodies but they are more “with it” schools hashkafically. To the left for Lakewood , but still black hat schools.

Can you please explain a bit more? I don't understand. what does this mean?

amother
Emerald

Post Mon, May 08 2023, 11:21 am
amother Crystal wrote:
Can you please explain a bit more? I don't understand. what does this mean?

It is more likely that the classmates will be more into brands and more exposed to technology . But they are still frum Lakewood schools with amazing families (Certainly not all families there are into brands or exposed to technology).

amother
Crystal

Post Mon, May 08 2023, 11:24 am
amother Emerald wrote:
It is more likely that the classmates will be more into brands and more exposed to technology . But they are still frum Lakewood schools with amazing families (Certainly not all families there are into brands or exposed to technology).

thank you, this helps a bit.

By exposed to technology, are you referring to entertainment? Would the classmates have access to youtube and movies and non jewish music? or only jewish movies and jewish music and internet only supervised and filtered?

amother
Emerald

Post Mon, May 08 2023, 11:31 am
amother Crystal wrote:
thank you, this helps a bit.

By exposed to technology, are you referring to entertainment? Would the classmates have access to youtube and movies and non jewish music? or only jewish movies and jewish music and internet only supervised and filtered?

I don’t know about music or supervision but I send to a school that’s a bit to the right of those schools and I would say about half the girls in my DDs class watch nonJewish (but not overtly inappropriate) movies. Many probably ply with their mothers phone on YouTube but I wouldn’t know if the mother is right there vs on the other side of the room vs upstairs (I don’t let my kids watch nonJewish content but I feel these are important distinctions).

If you want a school where very few or none of the girls watch Disney movie type movies you will have to go pretty far to the right in Lakewood.

amother
DarkRed

Post Mon, May 08 2023, 12:27 pm
We don’t watch movies or shows (Maybe a frum show on Toveedo on occasion) but I do have a smartphone and I take my kids to the library. I’m sure there are families that watch more and families that watch less but I have friends in more “to the right schools” like Bnos Hadassa and Bnos Yaakov who watch secular media as well. For now it works to tell my kids that this is how it works on our family. Re: designer clothes and nice gadgets- that’s pretty much everywhere. My fourth grader doesn’t really know the difference between Cat and Jack and Chloe. I wonder at which age this becomes an issue. We dress fun and with it without spending much so I don’t really think it should be a problem?

amother
Mistyrose

Post Mon, May 08 2023, 3:44 pm
Love love love Bnos Esther Malka.
I'm probably from the more "yeshivish" of the school (husband in kollel for many years, no technology, shortish sheitel) but still very comfortable there.
Unbelievable chinuch.
Mrs. Schorr is like noone else in the world.
I find that though the parent body is very varied, there's an atmosphere of acceptance, we love everyone, we can each be ourselves. So while many students have different things than my daughters, there's not much of a pressure.

amother
Topaz

Post Thu, Sep 21 2023, 12:15 pm
Is Nachlas still oot and simple?

I really want a school where dd won’t feel pressured about brand names or looking perfect

amother
Cyan

Post Thu, Sep 21 2023, 12:17 pm
amother Topaz wrote:
Is Nachlas still oot and simple?

I really want a school where dd won’t feel pressured about brand names or looking perfect

Yes for the most part. You will have a few in each grade that aren't. But the majority is simple and it has an oot feel, it's a really chilled crowd in a good way. My kids have no idea that brands even exist.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children