Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
What is going on in Brooklyn???
1  2  Next

gingertop

Post Mon, Dec 03 2018, 5:01 pm
Is it just me or is there another reported antisemitic assault every other day? What's going on ?

ahuva06

Post Mon, Dec 03 2018, 6:59 pm
No, it's not just you. I heard on the radio that antisemitism went up 29% in the last year alone.
It's scary.
(why was your post reported?)
[For language which has now been edited- Yael]

flowerpower

Post Mon, Dec 03 2018, 7:02 pm
I posted about it on Motzei Shabbos. There were zero responses. I thought I was the only one that noticed it. Scary!!!!!!

groisamomma

Post Mon, Dec 03 2018, 7:04 pm
What’s the latest incident? The college professor?

chestnut

Post Mon, Dec 03 2018, 7:05 pm
groisamomma wrote:
What’s the latest incident? The college professor?

No. Fri night in Willi, shabbos morning in crown heights, last week - a guy in queens

groisamomma

Post Mon, Dec 03 2018, 7:14 pm
chestnut wrote:
No. Fri night in Willi, shabbos morning in crown heights, last week - a guy in queens

Oh my, are they okay?? I wonder why the Lakewood Scoop didn’t print any of it...

thunderstorm

Post Mon, Dec 03 2018, 7:17 pm
Last week in Monsey/Spring Valley a taxi driver got out of his vehicle and showed his fingers in a shape of a gun to two men walking home frim shul on Shabbos and he told them "You don't belong here"... he is a driver for a notorious taxi company that hires illegal immigrants. How ironic.

simba

Post Mon, Dec 03 2018, 7:24 pm
As long as the NYPD continues to not charge as hate crimes and view them as isolated instances then we are status quo.
Pressure from the community needs to be put.
We should not continue to shmear them and smile at the politicians that make it so easy to get away with this.

chestnut

Post Mon, Dec 03 2018, 8:18 pm
groisamomma wrote:
Oh my, are they okay?? I wonder why the Lakewood Scoop didn’t print any of it...

The Queens guy was in coma, last I heard Sad the other 2 are ok. There was also a 9 y old boy in Willi.
YWN and VIN always have such news

ra_mom

Post Mon, Dec 03 2018, 8:23 pm
simba wrote:
As long as the NYPD continues to not charge as hate crimes and view them as isolated instances then we are status quo.
We should not continue to shmear them and smile at the politicians that make it so easy to get away with this.

I agree.
Simba, do you know who we should be emailing about this? I'm happy to send out many emails... mayer, governor, assemblyman, council member, senator... You just tell me who are the right people to send messages too so our voices are heard.

zaq

Post Mon, Dec 03 2018, 8:26 pm
AntiSemitic episodes have gone sharply up in the past year and a half or so. Other hate crimes, too. Meanwhile our fearless leader (who managed to evade military service despite being the right age to have served in Vietnam, so he's not exactly fearless, all he has is a big mouth and zero moral or physical courage, but I digress) stirs up xenophobia left and right. Coincidence? I think not.

simba

Post Mon, Dec 03 2018, 8:38 pm
zaq wrote:
AntiSemitic episodes have gone sharply up in the past year and a half or so. Other hate crimes, too. Meanwhile our fearless leader (who managed to evade military service despite being the right age to have served in Vietnam, so he's not exactly fearless, all he has is a big mouth and zero moral or physical courage, but I digress) stirs up xenophobia left and right. Coincidence? I think not.

Cause the Brooklyn thugs who get away with these crimes even know the name of the current US President! I think not.
Anti Semitic attacks have been around before he was born and the liberal law enforcement in NYC who provides endless benefits and protection to these lowlifes are to blame.

thunderstorm

Post Mon, Dec 03 2018, 8:47 pm
simba wrote:
Cause the Brooklyn thugs who get away with these crimes even know the name of the current US President! I think not.
Anti Semitic attacks have been around before he was born and the liberal law enforcement in NYC who provides endless benefits and protection to these lowlifes are to blame.

Also the liberal media has not reported any of these incidents other than the little boy in Williamsburg recently. Thankfully there is Yeshiva World and Vos oz Nais that keeps us posted daily with these incidents so that we wake up and realize who we are up against and what is REALLY happening out there. Had it been other minorities dealing with this it would be blasted all over the media.

exaustedmom

Post Mon, Dec 03 2018, 8:54 pm
zaq wrote:

The anti-Semitic attacks in Brooklyn are not being committed by Trump supporters. On the contrary...

Chickpea

Post Mon, Dec 03 2018, 8:55 pm
ra_mom wrote:
I agree.
Simba, do you know who we should be emailing about this? I'm happy to send out many emails... mayer, governor, assemblyman, council member, senator... You just tell me who are the right people to send messages too so our voices are heard.

Dov Hikind
Chaim Deutch

gingertop

Post Tue, Dec 04 2018, 1:39 pm
simba wrote:

This.
In addition to holding the feet of politicians to fire, it's equally or more important to hold the media's feet to fire.
If there was an outcry, the politicians would get nervous and would have to start talking tough.

It's insane that Jews are being attacked in the streets of NY and there is so little outcry. I never though that it would come to this, with cowardly editors finding these stories un-newsworthy.

gingertop

Post Tue, Dec 04 2018, 1:41 pm
flowerpower wrote:
I posted about it on Motzei Shabbos. There were zero responses. I thought I was the only one that noticed it. Scary!!!!!!

I didn't see your thread. It's so scary. It's not just the attacks but the way everyone is going on as if nothing has happened.

It's like it has become normalized, ch"v.

zaq

Post Tue, Dec 04 2018, 1:52 pm
exaustedmom wrote:
The anti-Semitic attacks in Brooklyn are not being committed by Trump supporters. On the contrary...

Trump has created a toxic climate that makes hatred acceptable, even laudable. He makes it clear that the days of Bush’s “kinder, gentler” nation are long gone. He makes it clear that people who look “foreign” are not OK, that getting rid of them is “patriotic”, that there are “good people” among the haters, and that might makes right. Haters don’t have to be Trump supporters to find validation in every thing he says.

flowerpower

Post Tue, Dec 04 2018, 2:02 pm
ra_mom wrote:
I agree.

I think it starts by our Mayor! He doesn’t seem to do anything about it. He should have zero tolerance to hate crimes!

Our community leaders should definitaly put pressure on the city to do something!

ProudMommie

Post Tue, Dec 04 2018, 2:43 pm
I am visiting NY and feel like everyone is asleep and does not notice what is happening... Maybe your post will wake up people. You can mamash feel antisemitism in every frum area.. it is so obvious.. I am afraid to go places.... Things like "we don't want you".... "you don't belong here.." have been said.. Please ... open your eyes...
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics