Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Chanukah
Welcome to our Grand Chanukah Party!
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
Cerulean

Post Tue, Dec 04 2018, 10:09 am
Ok, so I have a cute riddle which is meant to be said, not written, but it's a good one. Imagine you are hearing it and not seeing it:

There are 30 cows. 28 chickens. How many didn't?

(Anonymous cuz just shared this with plenty ppl IRL)

SmileNow

Post Tue, Dec 04 2018, 10:14 am
Hey I'm SmileNow94. I'm the new kid on the block, so Howdy everyone!

tf

Post Tue, Dec 04 2018, 11:07 am
cozyblanket wrote:
I will bring formerly frozen latkes now deliciously baked to a golden crisp. I *surrendered* to the frozen ones because homemade one were a black hole for time, never stuck together anyway and just made my messy kitchen much messier.

I have a question: Do you hold to eat latkes with applesauce or sour cream?

Ages are overrated. They keep changing BeH. Lets talk about shoe sizes. They don't change and are much easier to keep track of.
Does that solve the problem, gamzehyaavor?
8.5 anyone?

Hi everyone. I brought dreidel and Chanukah gelt for all.
And my shoe size is 8.5. Do you have an extra pair for me? Only eee width. TMI

Amarante

Post Tue, Dec 04 2018, 11:08 am
I'm trying out a recipe for cauliflower latkes :-). If they aren't a complete disaster, I'll send them along.

In the meantime, the always funny x-mas For The Jews video from Saturday Night Live.

Rappel

Post Tue, Dec 04 2018, 11:30 am
amother wrote:
Ok, so I have a cute riddle which is meant to be said, not written, but it's a good one. Imagine you are hearing it and not seeing it:

10!

Also hi, I'm Rappel! Sorry I'm late - I had to walk all the way from Itamar, and the traffic through Hawara is terrible!

I brought some...um... I'm sure it's here... Wait a sec... Oh here!...no... Okay, I forgot to bring the sfinjim, but if you would lend me the use of your kitchen and 3 hours, then I can make some really hopping sfinjim!

As for the grab bag: I tripped when I was passing kikar yitshar, and accidentally uncovered this Conquest Era piece of pottery. It's a little chipped, but it definitely says "son of Elazar" on it, and I'm pretty sure that word is "sufganya" if you look at it funny, so I'm just going to pop it in before anyone notices.

And Surrendered: what do you do for a living?

amother
Cerulean

Post Tue, Dec 04 2018, 2:47 pm
Rappel, you got the answer to the riddle!!!!

Chayalle

Post Tue, Dec 04 2018, 2:52 pm
imasinger wrote:
Good morning!

I'm Imasinger, and in between playing for umpteen class performances at 4 different schools, I am happy to provide some musical entertainment here. Anyone have a request?

Yesterday I did what I've been planning to do for ages - I downloaded sheet music for a bunch of different Chanuka songs (maoz tzur, yevanim, etc...), put them in sheet protectors, and into a 1" binder. Now we don't have to go looking for the Chanukah songs in our various books every time we sit down at the piano.....

If you know of any good sites for Jewish sheet music (simple - notes for right hand, preferably with chords annotated on top for left hand) I would request you share. My girls love these for relaxing, free-style playing!

We can have a kumzitz in my living room......

Chayalle

Post Tue, Dec 04 2018, 2:53 pm
amother wrote:

Ha ha! Gonna try this on my DD when she comes home, she loves these!

imasinger

Post Tue, Dec 04 2018, 3:14 pm
Chayalle wrote:

If you know of any good sites for Jewish sheet music (simple - notes for right hand, preferably with chords annotated on top for left hand) I would request you share. My girls love these for relaxing, free-style playing!

If you know who wrote or performs any favorites, Google the name and "sheet music". Lots of people put their stuff out there!

imasinger

Post Tue, Dec 04 2018, 3:18 pm
amother wrote:

I vote that all flesh-eating cows be banned from the party!

InnerMe

Post Tue, Dec 04 2018, 3:45 pm
Hey! I'm hear to join the party!

Imasinger, what lovely music!! We should do this more often. We can also sing because no one can hear each other, so all the shy people can enjoy as well.

Hmm.. what did I bring? I guess two tangerines that are sitting on my desk only to be sadly brought home, and then bought back the next day. But their still good, I promise. Whatdya think?
I'll serve some spoiled tangerines?!

And I'm feeling kind of dense because I don't get the joke!!!!!! Will someone please explain it to me??

Rappel

Post Tue, Dec 04 2018, 3:50 pm
InnerMe wrote:
Hey! I'm hear to join the party!

Imasinger, what lovely music!! We should do this more often. We can also sing because no one can hear each other, so all the shy people can enjoy as well.

Hmm.. what did I bring? I guess two tangerines that are sitting on my desk only to be sadly brought home, and then bought back the next day. But their still good, I promise. Whatdya think?
I'll serve some spoiled tangerines?!

And I'm feeling kind of dense because I don't get the joke!!!!!! Will someone please explain it to me??

No worries!

There are 30 cows, 20 ate (28) chickens. How many didn't?

InnerMe

Post Tue, Dec 04 2018, 3:53 pm
Rappel wrote:
No worries!

There are 30 cows, 20 ate (28) chickens. How many didn't?

ahhhh.. lol. Thanks Rappel. Smile

Surrendered

Post Tue, Dec 04 2018, 8:14 pm
Surrendered: what do you do for a living?[/quote]

I sit on The couch all day eating muffins!!!

Goldie613

Post Tue, Dec 04 2018, 8:33 pm
Hello hello thanks for having me to your party! I'm Goldie613, and I must say I love how beautiful your menorah looks with the flames lit up.

As for a game...hmmm...

If you were a donut, what kind of a filling would you be and why?

= I'm going with chocolate, because then I could be a donut and chanukah gelt in one!

Who's next?

Oh, and for music, try these =

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QfpG6XIugk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fg51la8Yayc

Surrendered

Post Tue, Dec 04 2018, 10:46 pm
Ok, so who's present at the party?
Anyone's got a good idea for another mommy fun game?
We wanna play the grab bag game afterwords (or should we wait for the last day of Chanukah for that, just in case other mommy's wanna join)?

Oh and I'd be a big fat yummy donut with jelly or custard, so that most people will love me!!! Though many people would stay away from me as they claim they're on Diet- ("in public" that is!)

Sunny Days

Post Tue, Dec 04 2018, 10:57 pm
Surrendered wrote:
Ok, so who's present at the party?
Any got idea for another mommy fun game?
We wanna play the grab bag game afterwords (or should we wait for the last day of Chanukah for that, just in case other mommy's wanna join)?

Oh and I'd be a big fat yummy donut with jelly or custard, so that most people will love me!!! Though many people stay away from me as they claim they're on Diet- ("in public" that is!)

I'm back! but (hopefully) just for a bit!

I'm not good at game ideas but so much I can tell you, I brought a different grab bag tonight as yesterdays is already taken!
Tonight I also brought all the melted colorful wax & the broken candlesticks so we can create our own lovely candles or wax hands if you'd like!

If I were a donut I would be a misshaped one, & I'd bet I'd be caramel flavored as thats my favorite!

I also brought some yummy latkes & salad for those on a diet!

Sunny Days

Post Tue, Dec 04 2018, 11:00 pm

Who is up for some action? we played this with the kids today & it was donuts (so much!) fun!

Surrendered

Post Tue, Dec 04 2018, 11:04 pm
Hmmm- tempting!
Thanks for the yummy food you brought along!
Can't wait to receive the grab bag...
So how do we play donut twister over here?

tweety1

Post Tue, Dec 04 2018, 11:07 pm
Oh my gosh, I'm late! I hope there's still room for me to sit cuz I NEED A CHAIR! I bought all my leftovers from today's supper. One egg roll is missing a tiny bit that my son bit off, but it's fine it's tastes yummy anyway. And my gift is to whoever wants to take it, is a set of batteries and get yourself the gift.
Page 3 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics