Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Chanukah
Ideas for edible chanukah activites for little kids

muss

Post Tue, Dec 04 2018, 7:14 am
need an edible activity to do with little kids besides chanukah cookies

ra_mom

Post Tue, Dec 04 2018, 7:16 am
Frost your own donut.
Decorate a cupcake.
Color an iced cookie with edible markers. Or paint.

amother
Seashell

Post Tue, Dec 04 2018, 7:25 am
On Instagram raizys cookin had an adorable idea. You cut out a face and put it behind a clear plate. You put out an assortment of chips and Nosh and the kids get creative with decorating the face with it by adding hair,bows,cheeks,earrings,collar ect.
Another idea she had was to stick 8 skewers into a foam like a menorah, and have the kids fill the skewers with colorful cheerios.
Go check her out for more info.

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Dec 04 2018, 7:26 am
Last year my SIL gave the kids colorful twizzlers cut up into small even pieces and patterns of menorahs, dreidels etc witha parchment paper on top. They did a craft like you do with colorful beads , the twizzlers were placed standing upward close together like beads (with the holes showing at the top) and then she placed another wax paper on top and ironed it. It all melted and melded together to form a beautiful edible Chanuka design.
Not sure if I explained myself well... if someone knows what I'm talking about please clarify.

Last edited by thunderstorm on Tue, Dec 04 2018, 2:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

lakewooder

Post Tue, Dec 04 2018, 7:26 am
one year we did edible perler bead activity - cut up colorful twizzlers and print out shapes - kids arrange the twizzlers and then iron

https://estherodesign.com/blog.....beads

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Dec 04 2018, 7:33 am
lakewooder wrote:
one year we did edible perler bead activity - cut up colorful twizzlers and print out shapes - kids arrange the twizzlers and then iron

https://estherodesign.com/blog.....beads

This is what I was talking about in my post above. The boys and girls up to age 12 all really enjoys doing this

SuperWify

Post Tue, Dec 04 2018, 7:37 am
On a peice of foam put 9 wooden skewers. The kids can make patterns of colorful Cheerios on each stick. At the top put a red jellybean for a “flame”.

myself

Post Tue, Dec 04 2018, 7:56 am
SuperWify wrote:
On a peice of foam put 9 wooden skewers. The kids can make patterns of colorful Cheerios on each stick. At the top put a red jellybean for a “flame”.

You can use a long chocolate wafer instead of the foam.

emzod42

Post Tue, Dec 04 2018, 9:04 am
Hershey kiss/marshmallow dreidels

SuperWify

Post Tue, Dec 04 2018, 2:17 pm
myself wrote:
You can use a long chocolate wafer instead of the foam.

Your right!!

The kids made made them in school today. Chocolate wafer advice the base. Toothpicks as the candles worh Cheerios. Red sour candy or jellybean for flame.

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Tue, Dec 04 2018, 3:39 pm
We once made dreidels out of toothpicks with jelly beans used as joints/corners. My SIL made a model for all the kids to copy.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Dec 04 2018, 4:09 pm
SuperWify wrote:
Your right!!

The kids made made them in school today. Chocolate wafer advice the base. Toothpicks as the candles worh Cheerios. Red sour candy or jellybean for flame.

Cute! Dd made this too today. Wafer base, toothpicks with colored fruit loops. And candy corn as flames.

dankbar

Post Tue, Dec 04 2018, 5:07 pm
Chanukah gelt. Tea biscuits covered with green icing for dollar u can add Choco gelt or some round flat jelly for center.

Stained glass cookies. A dreidel cookie shape. On top layer one with cut out. Crush hard candies fill in center bake.

Look at kosher.com had ideas & pics.

muss

Post Tue, Dec 04 2018, 5:40 pm
Thank you all. Great ideas
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics