Home

What did you get blamed for today?
1, 2, 3  Next  Last >>
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers

Report offensive ad

View latest: 24h 48h 72h


amother




Ivory


Post  Tue, Dec 04 2018, 10:34 am
I started this thread a short while ago.
my not everything is my fault thread
Now my question is, what did your teen blame you for?

Mine, the fact that he spilled his cup of chocolate milk and I didn't run to help him clean it up.
Also that he didn't have clean pants even though I did laundry the day before and he just didn't put his pants in the basket.

That's it for now, but the day is not over and tomorrow is another day Rolling Eyes Banging head .

edited because I reread it and tweaked it a bit.
Back to top

thunderstorm









  


Post  Tue, Dec 04 2018, 10:35 am
LOL. Your post made me laugh.
Back to top

amother




Bronze


Post  Tue, Dec 04 2018, 10:38 am
By my almost 8 year old:
That he can't find his shoes. (Hint: He took them off in middle of the playroom and I left them there.)

That breakfast takes too long to eat. (Hint: I made bread eggs and salad as a special Chanuka breakfast. They usually have hot cereal.)
Back to top

FranticFrummie









  


Post  Tue, Dec 04 2018, 10:41 am
I've been working on getting DD's passport renewed. For some reason, the consulate didn't spell my email right, but they did get DD's right.

She didn't check her email for 9 days, and when she did, she found out that there was a problem with the application. Her dad's consent form had expired, and he had to fill out a new one, get it notarized, and then mail it to the consulate.

Because of the delay, this made her miss a concert in the US that she'd had her heart set on.

It is my fault, because... I'm not sure. Something about not telling her to check her email every day?

BTW, this is the concert that I paid for. Two tickets were $280 that went to waste. It was going to be a present for her and her BFF.

Missing the concert is all my fault, too. I also "made" her miss Thanksgiving with her dad.
Back to top

amother




Aquamarine


Post  Tue, Dec 04 2018, 10:43 am
For my younger dd needing my help with putting her tights on.

And then younger teen-in-training dd blamed me for not knowing exactly how she likes the seams to lay along her toes.
Back to top

cozyblanket









  


Post  Tue, Dec 04 2018, 10:43 am
amother wrote:
By my almost 8 year old:
That he can't find his shoes. (Hint: He took them off in middle of the playroom and I left them there.)

That breakfast takes too long to eat. (Hint: I made bread eggs and salad as a special Chanuka breakfast. They usually have hot cereal.)


What a Thank you for the Chanukah treat!! Oh, boy.

I get yelled at for being mean bc I don't take dd11's friends with us to every outing we do. I only take them to about half our outings.
Back to top

amother




Tan


Post  Tue, Dec 04 2018, 10:43 am
When they start blaming me I usually start adding on chores. Ex. I get blamed because no more clean shirts? Perfect, now you'll start doing your own laundry.

But of course it depends on the context. Sometimes I'll fix them with a shocked face and say, Are you really blaming *me* for this??
Back to top

keym









  


Post  Tue, Dec 04 2018, 10:46 am
That the snack on the counter didn't walk into his briefcase by itself.
That the latkes I made for supper were too greasy.
That the school sweatshirt was upstairs in a bedroom and not downstairs.
That the magazine that they ripped last night by fighting over was still torn this morning.

BTW love the thread.
Back to top

amother




Puce


Post  Tue, Dec 04 2018, 10:59 am
That he forgot to join DH at shul straight from school and came home instead.
Back to top

amother




Jetblack


Post  Tue, Dec 04 2018, 11:11 am
That I don’t care enough about him to spend all morning trying to get him out of bed. When I do actually do that, he’s upset that I’m only doing it “for him” and not because I myself truly care if he’s late to school or not. That I don’t wake him up with enough love in my voice.

I’m totally confused by what he wants me to do (other than be a magician who can give him magical powers to wake up early and easily and happily...) and have no idea what the “right” thing to be doing here (I think it’s you wake him up, which I usually wake up early and spend all morning doing, dh thinks I should let him be responsible for the consequences of not getting up on time...)
Back to top

Rappel









  


Post  Tue, Dec 04 2018, 11:20 am
I'm pretty sure I ruined supper because I served it with a fork and not a spoon. Smile


(DS is 2. His baby sister didn't seem to mind, but she doesn't have such refined cutlery taste as he does.)

(Sorry, I know this was a teen thread, but I just felting like jumping in. I'm still processing that blowout. If you want me to delete, OP, just say the word.)


Last edited by Rappel on Tue, Dec 04 2018, 11:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top

amother




Plum


Post  Tue, Dec 04 2018, 11:21 am
That I wouldn’t give my son $20 that his Rebbi is charging him as a k’nas for not behaving. Mind you, I gave the Rebbi generously for Chanuka gelt and ds does have money to give for his punishment. The Rebbi said he will give it back soon if he behaves but ds wanted ME to pay for him. I told him I didn’t misbehave, he did so he has to pay... he let me know how mean he thinks I am.
Ds(6) asked me to drive him instead of going on the bus 45 minutes earlier. I agreed but on the way he kept telling me I don’t drive well, it’s taking too long, he wants to be there already.., I’m making him late!
Dh is upset that I asked him to pick up his socks ..., he said it’s not right to ask him if I’m cleaning up anyway Banging head
Back to top

Learning









  


Post  Tue, Dec 04 2018, 11:33 am
amother wrote:
That I wouldn’t give my son $20 that his Rebbi is charging him as a k’nas for not behaving. Mind you, I gave the Rebbi generously for Chanuka gelt and ds does have money to give for his punishment. The Rebbi said he will give it back soon if he behaves but ds wanted ME to pay for him. I told him I didn’t misbehave, he did so he has to pay... he let me know how mean he thinks I am.
Ds(6) asked me to drive him instead of going on the bus 45 minutes earlier. I agreed but on the way he kept telling me I don’t drive well, it’s taking too long, he wants to be there already.., I’m making him late!
Dh is upset that I asked him to pick up his socks ..., he said it’s not right to ask him if I’m cleaning up anyway Banging head

I like the you also wrote what dh blamed you for because men are just like teens/babies:)
Back to top

amother




Seagreen


Post  Tue, Dec 04 2018, 11:37 am
Omg. This is so talking to me.

It is somehow my fault, that my seminary aged daughter was suspended for a few days for not showing up to class. Bear in mind. I am in America. She is in Israel. And yet somehow it is my fault. I must have some magical powers.
Back to top

amother




Seagreen


Post  Tue, Dec 04 2018, 11:40 am
Not today. And not by a kid. But my mom in law blamed me for my husbands depression. Yup. You read right. Maybe if I wouldn’t go to my parents so often then he wouldn’t be depressed. Should have told her that the only reason I would go to my parents for Shabbos was because I didn’t want to be the only adult at the table while my husband stayed in bed. So at least my kids got to see regular shabbos meals with a normal family.

I let her have it and she hasn’t said a thing since. She wouldn’t dare try again.
Back to top

amother




Rose


Post  Tue, Dec 04 2018, 11:55 am
At one point DD19 was forever throwing blame and anger at me for senseless things. I didn't say anything and remained calm. I somehow felt she was just in pain.

(We had then a chaotic home. Her father is emotionaly abusive - we're in the process of a divorce now.)

After a few weeks of this she told me that she realized she's yelling at me forever and told her therapist about it. Her therapist told her that the reason is: she feels safe with me, therefore she's constantly expressing all anger she has on her father, towards me..

--------------------

Now during the divorce process DS12 is constantly blaming me on anything and everything. I remain calm. I pity him. I now know he's expressing it towards me cause he feels safe with me. It's very hard.
Back to top

SuperWify









  


Post  Tue, Dec 04 2018, 11:59 am
amother wrote:
At one point DD19 was forever throwing blame and anger at me for senseless things. I didn't say anything and remained calm. I somehow felt she was just in pain.

(We had then a chaotic home. Her father is emotionaly abusive - we're in the process of a divorce now.)

After a few weeks of this she told me that she realized she's yelling at me forever and told her therapist about it. Her therapist told her that the reason is: she feels safe with me, therefore she's constantly expressing all anger she has on her father, towards me..

--------------------

Now during the divorce process DS12 is constantly blaming me on anything and everything. I remain calm. I pity him. I now know he's expressing it towards me cause he feels safe with me. It's very hard.


Wow! You are such an incredibly strong mother!!
Back to top

amother




Ecru


Post  Tue, Dec 04 2018, 1:39 pm
That I made my dd’s tooth (a bad cavity that was scheduled soon for a filling) start hurting because she overheard me say the word “dentist”. We were all sitting at the shabbos table talking and she was in a different room playing when she “heard” me. I never said “dentist” and everyone at the table backs me up!!!! Lol!!
Back to top

Emotional









  


Post  Tue, Dec 04 2018, 8:40 pm
When my 9-year-old son feels nauseous, I am "making him throw up" by bringing a wastebasket in front of him.
Yup. Better let me clean up vomit from the couch, the floor, etc, so I won't have to bear responsibility for "making him throw up." 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄
Back to top

amother




Denim


Post  Tue, Dec 04 2018, 9:32 pm
Emotional wrote:
When my 9-year-old son feels nauseous, I am "making him throw up" by bringing a wastebasket in front of him.
Yup. Better let me clean up vomit from the couch, the floor, etc, so I won't have to bear responsibility for "making him throw up." 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄


Omg I have the same thing with my nine year old.
Back to top
1, 2, 3  Next  Last >> Recent Topics

Page 1 of 3 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Free indoor activities today? 6 Mon, Dec 10 2018, 9:21 am View last post
Help me plan my day with kids in Lakewood today
by amother
0 Sun, Dec 09 2018, 8:47 am View last post
Help in Westgate today please
by amother
2 Thu, Dec 06 2018, 3:55 pm View last post
Was there a fire in area of 13th in BP today?
by amother
0 Fri, Nov 30 2018, 3:18 pm View last post
Was today a turning point? 167 Fri, Nov 30 2018, 9:12 am View last post
by fmt4

Jump to:  





Report offensive ad