Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Melania Trump not tznius at chanukah party
1  2  3  Next

malky800

Post Thu, Dec 06 2018, 8:40 pm
Am I the only person perturbed that Melania Trump was wearing a low shoulder dress at the lighting of the menorah at the white house?
The other people in the photo, and the person lighting the menorah looked Frum. It wasn't like a reform event.
Did someone forget to tell her what was proper dress?

pesek zman

Post Thu, Dec 06 2018, 9:02 pm
Doesn’t bother me. It wasn’t in a shul. Plus I light in a nightgown so......

MiracleMama

Post Thu, Dec 06 2018, 9:08 pm
I'm guessing you don't like the Trumps very much. It's easy to nitpick about people you don't like.
So what it's off the shoulder? No cleavage showing. Very tasteful and modest by most people's standards. Why should I expect her to dress like me?

DrMom

Post Thu, Dec 06 2018, 9:14 pm
Who cares?

btdivorcedmom

Post Thu, Dec 06 2018, 9:19 pm
Melania Trump is not Jewish, and therefore is not obligated to keep the mitzvah of tznius.

naturalmom5

Post Thu, Dec 06 2018, 9:26 pm
So don't accept her children in your soon-to-be-shut-down-by-yaffed school.. Wink

clowny

Post Thu, Dec 06 2018, 9:33 pm
Who cares? There are so many other important things in life that I gotta worry about right now, Melania Trumps dress is the last thing on my mind.

Tzedek Tirdof

Post Thu, Dec 06 2018, 10:05 pm
malky800 wrote:
Am I the only person perturbed that Melania Trump was wearing a low shoulder dress at the lighting of the menorah at the white house?
The other people in the photo, and the person lighting the menorah looked Frum. It wasn't like a reform event.
Did someone forget to tell her what was proper dress?

Yes, with this and the stand-up comedy thread, it’s definitely the Thursday-night gossip party.

zaq

Post Thu, Dec 06 2018, 10:07 pm
Melania has a history of dressing inappropriately. Remember her jacket that declared “I really don’t care, do u?” when she went to visit the immigrant children detained at the Texas border?

moonstone

Post Thu, Dec 06 2018, 10:41 pm
To answer your question-- yes, you are the only person perturbed about this. Most people couldnt care less.

agreer

Post Thu, Dec 06 2018, 11:08 pm
Ditto...as in, Yes, you are the only one bothered by this.

It wasn't a makom kadosh. She was in her own house and she's not Jewish. No biggie for me.

nomismommy

Post Fri, Dec 07 2018, 1:26 am
Noone cares.
She's not Jewish therefore she can wear whatever she wants. Don't you have more important things to worry about?

imasoftov

Post Fri, Dec 07 2018, 4:43 am
MiracleMama wrote:
I'm guessing you don't like the Trumps very much. It's easy to nitpick about people you don't like.
So what it's off the shoulder? No cleavage showing. Very tasteful and modest by most people's standards. Why should I expect her to dress like me?

I am no fan of the Trumps but do not care about what they wear. Well with the exception of the "I really don't care" dress because that's a double negative now.

mommy3b2c

Post Fri, Dec 07 2018, 5:54 am
My grandmother was at the candle lighting. Which is totally irrelevant. But I just thought I’d share.

Fox

Post Fri, Dec 07 2018, 6:01 am
Was it a Dolce & Gabbana dress? If so, they'll call her out on it and possibly insult Elton John in the process. Standing by with popcorn ready!

pause

Post Fri, Dec 07 2018, 6:07 am
mommy3b2c wrote:
My grandmother was at the candle lighting. Which is totally irrelevant. But I just thought I’d share.

Is she the Bubby standing behind Trump during his speech? At one point he turns around and a regal looking woman becomes visible.

ima_anon

Post Fri, Dec 07 2018, 6:11 am
Why does it matter? I’m no fan of the Trumps but she looked just fine by non frum standards. We cannot expect the outside world to hold our views and conform to our ways of life.

Chayalle

Post Fri, Dec 07 2018, 6:13 am
I don't specifically care what Melania wears to a Chanukah party. Am I bothered by the general lack of modesty in the world today, as opposed to once-upon-a-time? Yes.

ahuva06

Post Fri, Dec 07 2018, 7:20 am
mommy3b2c wrote:

This made me laugh 😂

dancingqueen

Post Fri, Dec 07 2018, 7:25 am
I looked up a picture. I don’t find that style so flattering on her but I’m not offended by it!
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics