Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections
Ordering a Photo book for the first time

A_Mother_First

Post Fri, Dec 07 2018, 10:52 am
Hi,

I am ordering a photo book for the first time, and wondering what is a recommended book size ( 11x8? 12x12? etc) and if a matte finish is important in a printed book, or just a preference (it is more expensive).

I have to catch up on several years of pictures, so this would be the first out of several books I am planning to order. I would appreciate learning from your experience.

Also, please feel free to let me know of any additional considerations that I should pay attention to.

Thanks for your help!

gande

Post Fri, Dec 07 2018, 11:05 am
Photobooks are great in any size. 8x11 is a good size if you are not putting more than 6_8 pictures on a page. You do not need to do matt. Use a high quality website such a shutterfly or mixbook. Thier paper is thicker than the cheap companies. Fyi shutterfly has a groupon now.

A_Mother_First

Post Fri, Dec 07 2018, 11:16 am
gande wrote:
Photobooks are great in any size. 8x11 is a good size if you are not putting more than 6_8 pictures on a page. You do not need to do matt. Use a high quality website such a shutterfly or mixbook. Thier paper is thicker than the cheap companies. Fyi shutterfly has a groupon now.

Thanks very much. I saw a sale on shutterfly, but did not know about the groupon deal -- thanks!

What about snapfish photo books? Any experience?

amother
Royalblue

Post Fri, Dec 07 2018, 11:17 am
A_Mother_First wrote:
Thanks very much. I saw a sale on shutterfly, but did not know about the groupon deal -- thanks!

What about snapfish photo books? Any experience?

I made one through Snapfish and was happy. That being said, I have had bad experiences with Snapfish in the past. I have found that they will refund my money if the pictures come out blurry, but it may not be worth the hassle.

I think Shutterfly and Mixbook are better.

Last edited by amother on Thu, Jul 11 2019, 10:40 am; edited 1 time in total

Sweet as Pie

Post Fri, Dec 07 2018, 12:25 pm
Try zno.com
Great books and prices

thanks

Post Fri, Dec 07 2018, 12:55 pm
Never pay full price on Snapfish or Shutterfly. There are often coupons

Post Fri, Dec 07 2018, 1:04 pm
We use Shutterfly. If you are going to do a spread where a picture or text goes over the center of the book, order lay flat pages.

We tend to wait to order until they have a sale where additional pages are free. That’s a big deal when you are doing a 100 page book and each page is an additional cost.

We’ve done all sizes but like the 12x12. I’d say just be consistent in size so it looks nice on your shelf.

And the story teller styles are an uptick in price which is not really necessary.

HeartyAppetite

Post Fri, Dec 07 2018, 3:17 pm
Mixbook often has 40 or 50% off coupons.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics