Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Pesach Hotel with toddlers
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Blue

Post Tue, Dec 11 2018, 7:20 am
Raisin wrote:
Do you walk a lot or drive mostly? I walk a LOT with my toddlers (like a few miles) and they are just not able to walk that much.

My toddler scoots when we walk longer distances.

amother
Blue

Post Tue, Dec 11 2018, 7:23 am
pesek zman wrote:
I’m guessing you live in a city where you drive predominantly. Living in Manhattan my 3 year old walks most places but sometimes we have to walk further than her legs can take her at a pace that works for me. Shul is often 15 blocks away, for example. Plus, a stroller has awesome storage so easier to grocery shop (rather than trying to hold the bags and the toddlers hand)

Our Shul is a short walk so I agree that is different. I miss the storage of a stroller, I agree. This is not something I have imposed but something my toddler has chosen! I am happy to support it though.

cm

Post Tue, Dec 11 2018, 7:24 am
amother wrote:

What does this mean?

pesek zman

Post Tue, Dec 11 2018, 7:24 am
amother wrote:

What do you mean by scoot?

amother
Blue

Post Tue, Dec 11 2018, 7:36 am
cm wrote:
What does this mean?

On a scooter....

amother
Blue

Post Tue, Dec 11 2018, 7:37 am
pesek zman wrote:
What do you mean by scoot?

Using a scooter.

pesek zman

Post Tue, Dec 11 2018, 7:49 am
Oh I’ve never heard it referred that way. Then again, I don’t permit scooters.

mfb

Post Tue, Dec 11 2018, 8:00 am
I would spend on cleaning help. (There are even crews that come in and clean your house in a day or 2), and then buy some food ready made. For me that would be a lot less stressful than a hotel with no help. Running up and down stairs holding kids on Yom Tov... dealing with kvetching and not their own beds...

DVOM

Post Wed, Dec 12 2018, 3:37 am
A little off topic:

A cousin of mine was just telling me about her Pesach plans. For the past few years, she's picked a South American or African location that has a Chabad house, rents an airb&b for very cheap (60 dollars a night for a beachfront villa with a pool) and arranges with her hosts for full time cleaning help (last year she was in a remote part of Guatemala, each full day of cleaning help was 6 dollars). She speaks to the Chabad house in advance. In exchange for bringing kosher products with her that the chabad shluchim don't readily have available and being another 'hosting' frum couple at the sedarim and other meals, she and her husband and two kids ate all their meals at the Chabad house for a very minimal cost. The largest expense was the air tickets. She really sold it to me! We're still going to parents and siblings for Pesach, and our family would be very sad and disappointed if we stopped coming, but this sounded so fun to me. Maybe in a few years...
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics