Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Best place in North

amother
Violet

Post Mon, Dec 10 2018, 6:47 pm
Hi ladies,

So long time coming but we are finally moving forward with aliyah. We need to settle on a location and have been going about it all wrong imo.

We think since my husband wants to learn (I dream of full time but reality of 4 kids being homeschooled (all under 6 byh and have never been to school) makes it unrealistic based on how much I depend on him in the states.

At any rate. About us: baal teshuvas, lean more towards charedi, both psychotherapists (LCSW & LMHC), limited income so starting in lowest cost option at first (thought abt absorption center.... ?)

Husband speaks French fluently and loves Rav Ron Chaya so was thinking Natanya but from what I understand, his kollel is not in the North.

Any ideas?

amother
Amber

Post Mon, Dec 10 2018, 7:01 pm
Karmiel? There's a nice Anglo community there. There's also an absorption center. Where is your husband's kollel?

Rappel

Post Mon, Dec 10 2018, 7:11 pm
I strongly don't recommend starting off in an absorption center. I can list my reasons, if they matter.

Why are you looking specifically in the North? I know there used to be a strong, learning, BT community in Migdal Haemek. I'm not sure what is there today.

amother
Violet

Post Mon, Dec 10 2018, 8:52 pm
He does not have one. Initially we were just going to land 1st and then figure it out (anxious to get there like a high school grad trying to go off to college lol). But in the same vein, isn't it better to find a kollel 1st to determine where to move? NBN is no help in that area.

Want to reinforce that we are not really modern but more shtark/charedi (no TV, kids have no clue about sports or Disney, machmere on tzniut, etc.) Some were telling us that a place like Karmiel would be too modern. Is that accurate?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions