Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Need activity idea for group of 9 year old boys

LisaS

Post Thu, Dec 13 2018, 4:31 am
My son is in a round-robbin after school activity, where there are 7 kids, and each time it's someone else's turn to host. My son wants to make some smashing dessert, but that's really not my forte. Anyone have any ideas to keep a small group of boys busy for an hour? If I don't think of anything else I'll just do board games and popcorn.

esther11

Post Thu, Dec 13 2018, 8:33 am
LisaS wrote:
My son is in a round-robbin after school activity, where there are 7 kids, and each time it's someone else's turn to host. My son wants to make some smashing dessert, but that's really not my forte. Anyone have any ideas to keep a small group of boys busy for an hour? If I don't think of anything else I'll just do board games and popcorn.

Board games are a good idea. Dessert wise, you will end up with a big mess on your hands so I personally wouldn’t recommend it for a school night. Do you have a yard? If it’s snowy by you, coordinate a snow ball fight or snowman contest. If it’s clear they can play “light” sports like capture the flag, refrigerator tag, etc. If you are the creative type you can tap into that ages boys natural competitive spirit and have a bunch of different contests (biggest/most impressive cup tower, most realistic super hero drawing, something with LEGO, etc).

amother
Black

Post Thu, Dec 13 2018, 10:08 am
we did "minute to win it" games at our Chanukah party and the boys that age loved it and really got into it. Fun, easy, cheap!

LisaS

Post Fri, Dec 14 2018, 2:55 am
Thanks ladies!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children