Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Are there clean websites with magic tutorials?

amother
Linen

Post Thu, Dec 13 2018, 10:19 pm
DS is fixated on magic. He believes that he will be a magician when he is a little older. (He is 12 years old)
As a reward for good behavior in the past I have let him watch card tricks on YouTube on my phone. He is searching for other tricks and he ends up coming across inappropriate video clips. I’ll give him credit that he is not clicking on those videos but some of the pictures displayed are not things I want him to see. Sometimes a video looks kosher but ends up not being appropriate (due to language used or boy/girl touching.. etc.)
So I’m trying to find recommended sights that teach magic which would be appropriate for my son to watch.

srbmom

Post Thu, Dec 13 2018, 10:49 pm
My DS 11 is also obsessed with magic right now!
Do you have the filter turned on for YouTube? It's not foolproof but I find it to work quite well. Also, I make my son watch on my laptop in the kitchen (much larger than a phone so I can see what's on the screen) while I'm there and he has to ask me before he clicks on any new video.

amother
Linen

Post Thu, Dec 13 2018, 11:03 pm
srbmom wrote:
My DS 11 is also obsessed with magic right now!
Do you have the filter turned on for YouTube? It's not foolproof but I find it to work quite well. Also, I make my son watch on my laptop in the kitchen (much larger than a phone so I can see what's on the screen) while I'm there and he has to ask me before he clicks on any new video.

I do have the filter turned on but it still allows a lot of things that he shouldn’t see. I also only let him use my phone near me but as I was sitting next to him tonight while he was searching for a new magic video one of the choices showed a girl and boy kissing with cards in their mouths... he didn’t click on that but he saw it.
I told him it would be better if we knew the name of a good video to click on instead of searching.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children