Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
Must haves - Design of House
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6

The Balabusta

Post Mon, Dec 24 2018, 5:27 pm
Another recommendation I just thought of is the double paned glass windows and doors that have the shades built in. On the side is a lever to close and adjust the direction of the lines. In Eretz Israel ”treeeseym” have always made sense but I didn’t see that in America. The next thing I saw is the double paned glass that to clean, you don’t need to clean each “treeese” but just one glass surface (both sides). I like this concept.

amother
Powderblue

Post Mon, Dec 24 2018, 5:50 pm
The Balabusta wrote:
It’s ingenious, and where there’s a will, there’s a way. As with anything, something comes out better (not burnt, for example) when the cook is patient and makes plans and cares to make their creation come out good. Attention to details is a value.
If the cabinet is modified precisely to accept the installation, so that the bottom of the cabinet is open, then water doesn’t touch the cabinet itself. But if someone doesn’t have passion to do something well, or if they don’t have experience installing it, or experience using it, they don’t have personal knowledge.

DH has seen this idea from different kitchen companies across the years. He anticipates it will destroy the cabinets which is why he stays away from it. DH is a consultant for various companies. They seem to value his opinions.

It's the moisture that will damage the cabinet. You can't seem to understand this. It's a bad idea no matter how precise the installation.

Also, if you are so short of counter space, it would lead one to believe that you are not installing high end cabinets with precision installers. Precision kitchen installers are expensive.

The Balabusta

Post Tue, Dec 25 2018, 1:30 am
The bottom of the cabinet needs to be removed and the water drips down. Depth is a factor to remove the area of cabinet floor so that water doesn’t affect it. Maybe you don’t realize that. It has to be mounted directly above a sink with an open bottom. It is work but if a skilled handyman analyzes the frame, there’s no reason water would stay in the cabinet.

When you say hi-end, are you talking about height, or quality, of cabinetry? Either way the space of a counter top is not going to be different whether or not you have more expensive cabinets.

In my opinion this design is a no-brainer must-have, in any size kitchen. My opinion is based on my experience using this design. You’re welcome to your opinion. So is your DH. But if you’ve never actually used it....
Page 6 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 Recent Topics