Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
How messy is your playroom right now?
Previous  1  2

thunderstorm

Post Sun, Dec 16 2018, 8:38 am
My playroom is a shambles. If cleanup only takes 10 minutes then your mess is not so bad. The way the playroom is now, it takes me about 4 hours to put back in shape.
One of my kids gave himself access to the playroom closet with the key , took a stool and climbed up and removed EVERY SINGLE item from every single shelf. He opened every container and spilled its contents. Some are spilled out all over the closet and some on the playroom floor, couch, tables ...you name it.
I spent two hours on Friday picking up the stuff from the playroom floor . Now I need to clean up the floor of the playroom closet and then reorganize every single game, toy , cards, art supplies, books etc and put everything back in the right container in the proper place in the closet. This is another two hours of work.
The child that did this knows he is not getting the playroom key for at least four weeks , maybe more. That means he has no access to his toys, games etc.
If another child takes out a game I let him play with his sibling. But he knows what the consequences are when he himself trashes the room and doesn't clean up after himself.
Playrooms are nice, but if you want to have it clean, it's easier not to have a playroom.

Ruchel

Post Sun, Dec 16 2018, 8:48 am
My playroom?

Coffee Addict

Post Sun, Dec 16 2018, 10:26 am
A utter and total disaster. There, I said it. Sad

tryinghard

Post Sun, Dec 16 2018, 10:38 am
I don't know. It's in the basement. And I am not going in there right now LOL LOL I'm doing the ostrich thing. Help

ectomorph

Post Sun, Dec 16 2018, 1:30 pm
I think a tornado must have hit. My angelic children could not possibly have caused this level of destruction.

amother
Pearl

Post Sun, Dec 16 2018, 1:35 pm
Playroom? You have a playroom? Consider yourself privileged.If it's just a dedicated playroom leave it a mess, who cares? Teach the kids to clean up and if they don't, well, they have to live with the mess and find their things as best they can. MY "playroom" is my living room, and that HAS to be cleaned up because it's also the corridor to the bedrooms as well as being the first thing you see when you open the door. Someone could get seriously injured if toys are left lying around there.

ectomorph

Post Sun, Dec 16 2018, 1:36 pm
By playroom I mean living/dining room where they play. I assume many ppl responded like that.

amother
Maroon

Post Sun, Dec 16 2018, 1:37 pm
amother wrote:
Blessed playroom. I too recently moved and can't bless the playroom enough.

That being said, its not always in perfect order. And thats ok. Tonight its actually fairly clean with "just" legos strewn about.

Just a cute cleanup activity I saw on comic cook instagram page. She said she sometimes sits in the middle of the room with the empty toy bucket and acts as if shes a tzedaka collector and her kids drop the toys (tzedaka) in her pushka (toy bucket ).

I did this idea twice with my kids and they loved it. I dressed up a little silly to make it more entertaining and we got the room clean in no time!

I think it’s very silly , I help my kid clean. Why should I sit in the middle and let them do all the work .. when kids see me helping it motivates them too

amother
Ivory

Post Sun, Dec 16 2018, 2:14 pm
My playroom is also serves as our living room and my kids bedroom. It doesn't always get cleaned up at night. Toys and stuff get swept up to one pile in the corner, so there is a clear path from the beds to the bathroom and the front door of the apartment. This happens at bedtime. If I can, I clean after they are sleeping.
If not, it gets cleaned on Friday or Sunday.
We are managing just fine like this.
(I work full time, no cleaning lady).

Happy healthy kids is my priority.
Ages 3,4, and 5.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Sun, Dec 16 2018, 9:10 pm
I'll let everyone else who has seen ours post on my behalf. Believe me, yours cannot possibly be worse than mine Very Happy

amother
Emerald

Post Sun, Dec 16 2018, 9:38 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
I'll let everyone else who has seen ours post on my behalf. Believe me, yours cannot possibly be worse than mine Very Happy

No way... I always say that ours is the messiest on the block. Or make that in the whole neighborhood! Sorry, I for sure win this one!

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Sun, Dec 16 2018, 9:40 pm
Maybe I should post a picture....

I'm not good at losing competitions.

amother
Emerald

Post Sun, Dec 16 2018, 10:42 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
Maybe I should post a picture....

I'm not good at losing competitions.

Ok- post... maybe I’ll post too and everyone can judge LOL

mommy3b2c

Post Sun, Dec 16 2018, 11:04 pm
amother wrote:
I think it’s very silly , I help my kid clean. Why should I sit in the middle and let them do all the work .. when kids see me helping it motivates them too

Ummm...

Why shouldn’t they do all the work? I’m assuming they made all the mess?

amother
Puce

Post Sun, Dec 16 2018, 11:32 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:
Ummm...

Why shouldn’t they do all the work? I’m assuming they made all the mess?

Team approach. Cohen family vs the mess. All hands on deck.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry