Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names
Name regret

amother
Oak

Post Sun, Dec 16 2018, 9:55 am
Has anyone ever regretted a name they chose? Especially if you were on the fence of one.

Dh and I are having a lot of trouble deciding on a name we like. We finally settled on one, but I don’t LOVE it, I’m more just “ok” with it. It’s not like I have any better options, but I really don’t want to regret choosing a name I don’t absolutely love. So just curious if people have been through this and just get used to/start liking the name they chose?

amother
Babyblue

Post Sun, Dec 16 2018, 9:59 am
You will love the kid who has the name
- so you will love the name associated with her/him.

Iymnok

Post Sun, Dec 16 2018, 10:02 am
My friend regretted asking her in-law’s opinion. She calls him by a cute nickname.

trixx

Post Sun, Dec 16 2018, 10:32 am
Did you give birth yet? Sometimes when you meet the baby you get a sense and make up your mind either way.

amother
Slateblue

Post Sun, Dec 16 2018, 11:09 am
I didnt pick any off the wall names so there was nothing to regret. In one case we compromised between what my side of the family and his side wanted and of course neither side was happy. I wish we had tuned them all out. But a name is a name. Its ruach hakodesh. Whatever name you give is the right one.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Sun, Dec 16 2018, 12:05 pm
amother wrote:
You will love the kid who has the name
- so you will love the name associated with her/him.

This. Most of my children's names weren't chosen because I loved them, but because they were names we felt obligated to use. One in particular wasn't my favorite; I didn't really dislike it, but I never would have picked it on my own. But I love my son, so this name has really grown on me. If you don't dislike the name, I think you'll really come to like the name more and more.

amother
Bisque

Post Sun, Dec 16 2018, 2:01 pm
Didn’t regret what we named but years later we found our list of other possibilities and couldn’t believe what was on there. Talk about Hashgacha Protis our dc were very lucky to be named as they were and not some of the alternatives.

amother
Chocolate

Post Sun, Dec 16 2018, 2:31 pm
Sort of. I love her name, I'm going to make something up but it's the same idea - Shoshana Avigayil, and we call her Shoshi and it's absolutely her name, but sometimes I wish I'd reversed it, given her the biblical name first and called her Avigayil, and I feel like the whole combination is way too long and since her name is definitely Shoshana, I wish we'd gone for a shorter middle name like Leah, or just used one and saved the other for a future daughter.

amother
Oak

Post Sun, Dec 16 2018, 6:13 pm
Thanks, all Smile.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names