Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Instagram question
1  2  3  Next

amother
Bisque

Post Tue, Dec 18 2018, 11:45 am
Small (too small!) business owner here!

Working on my marketing/advertising etc... through instagram.

I'm a newbie (about 6 months), but working to understand the whole thing and what works/doesn't work.

I really had no intention of story-ing/ posting pictures or videos about myself. I'm doing it strictly for business and don't need the world following me around throughout my day.. you know what I mean.

I'm getting the feeling that to create the presonal connection between me and followers I need my face up there... is that true? Do you think that is key/crucial to making connections, and drawing interest? because without my face, I'm a faceless person with a small amount of followers asking people to buy into my business.

Perfer not to post what my business is at this time.. but it's not selling products/retail. It's a service.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Tue, Dec 18 2018, 11:49 am
I think the face helps but that being said it’s not a must. There are many successful brands out there that don’t show their faces and are doing well. If you don’t feel comfortable don’t do it.

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Tue, Dec 18 2018, 11:49 am
Chefchaya is really successful without showing her face on IG.

It depends on your marketing strategy, how personal you want to get.

lora

Post Tue, Dec 18 2018, 12:03 pm
a face definitely gives a sense of personal connection, however there are other ways to make your page interesting and attract followers, give people something they want to see, something they didnt know and want to learn about.

amother
Bisque

Post Tue, Dec 18 2018, 9:19 pm
I hear what you're all saying.

I'm finding my problem is getting the followers to become clients! It's very nice that they like or comment.. but I need actual business!

Please please give all advice! From your own personal experiences on instagram, what speaks to you? What draws you in to a business? What do you like seeing in posts, stories etc.. HELP A FELLOW IMA-PRENTUER OUT!!!!

Thanks Smile

amother
Aubergine

Post Tue, Dec 18 2018, 9:23 pm
amother wrote:
I hear what you're all saying.

I'm finding my problem is getting the followers to become clients! It's very nice that they like or comment.. but I need actual business!

Please please give all advice! From your own personal experiences on instagram, what speaks to you? What draws you in to a business? What do you like seeing in posts, stories etc.. HELP A FELLOW IMA-PRENTUER OUT!!!!

Thanks Smile

I need to be convinced (1) that I need the service being sold - then (2) I need to be convinced that the instagramer the person I want to buy it from.

Do you think you've convinced people of (1) yet?

amother
Bisque

Post Tue, Dec 18 2018, 10:28 pm
I guess from the lack of response (in the form of new clients) I'm not convincing them enough!

My service has so much to offer but I'm getting stuck with instagram (but I'm trying to keep pushing on because I really do think it has so much to offer)

solo

Post Tue, Dec 18 2018, 10:32 pm
Have u reached out to any influencers? They’ll direct traffic to ur page. And help u convince ppl they want what u have

ahuva06

Post Tue, Dec 18 2018, 10:37 pm
I think offering some of your services for free to people who have a large following, in exchange for them posting about it, is a great way to gain followers.
It works on me every time - I see food bloggers post about certain products and rave about how delicious and good they are, and the next time I see that product in the store I either buy it or have to hold myself back from buying it!

ETA: From my own instagram business experience, you have to be really committed to your page in order for it to become popular and successful. You need to be active in both posting and following/liking other accounts. It is definitely not as easy as it looks or sounds. You kind of have to think of it as a full time job...

amother
Bisque

Post Tue, Dec 18 2018, 10:48 pm
Thank you for bringing up influencers/popluar accounts.

The few times I tried reaching out to influencers I got zero responses. It could be the way I wrote the message, perhaps a bit to formal? I don't know.. could have been my real inexperience with instagram.

Can you guide me in what I would write? Do I literally just blurt it out "hey I want to offer you my service for free so you can talk about it!"- obviously not as blunt as that, but that idea?
How do I write that?

Do I write to more than one at a time? I'm assuming best method would be by DM?

Is this really what people do?!

You have no idea what a help this is- tizku l'mitzvos!!

Redbird

Post Tue, Dec 18 2018, 10:50 pm
How about posting a video without your face? Just you talking and showing your product, or something...

amother
Bisque

Post Tue, Dec 18 2018, 11:14 pm
I would consider my voice, but it's not a product.. it's a service.

Let's say a makeup artist/sheitel macher/photographer/interior desinger etc... someone that needs their clients to basically show off their service. I've had a few clients who were ok with me posting my service for them, but unfortunatly a lot of them are not.

So what exactly would I be showing while I talk?!

dankbar

Post Tue, Dec 18 2018, 11:25 pm
Try diff ways as well...live demos in hi traffic places....advetorial in magazines.....promo discounts for first time users....try combining with someone who is in similar line like a client would need both of your services simultaneously & other person referring you....or a pop up ad of your service show up by the other ones site....

dankbar

Post Tue, Dec 18 2018, 11:28 pm
Lets say if you are interior designer hook up with the real estate people. If you are make up artist pair up with hair salons/ maybe rent a lil space by sheitel macher so people who are doing hair/sheitel for wedding come to oh for make up

dankbar

Post Tue, Dec 18 2018, 11:29 pm
Or you have sheitel macher distribute samples of your make up....
The real estate/construction guy should distribute your business cards by a closing & recommend you...

dankbar

Post Tue, Dec 18 2018, 11:30 pm
It's all about the connections

amother
Bisque

Post Tue, Dec 18 2018, 11:32 pm
Good ideas good ideas. I'm working on that too- thank you for the suggestions!!

amother
Bisque

Post Tue, Dec 18 2018, 11:34 pm
Can someone guide me about how to reach out to influencers on instagram without sounding funny? I don't know the proper "etiquette " and want to make sure my message is not being wasted because I sound like a crazy person!

Careers

Post Tue, Dec 18 2018, 11:37 pm
amother wrote:
I would consider my voice, but it's not a product.. it's a service.

Let's say a makeup artist/sheitel macher/photographer/interior desinger etc... someone that needs their clients to basically show off their service. I've had a few clients who were ok with me posting my service for them, but unfortunatly a lot of them are not.

So what exactly would I be showing while I talk?!

I think you are jumping ahead of yourself.

The number one question is What do you offer to your ideal client more than someone else in your field is offering? Is it more service? More convenience? Less money? Nicer makeup/sheitel/photography?

The number two question is Who is your ideal client? Whom are you targeting? Where do they live? How old are they?

Once you are clear about How your service differentiates and Who your ideal client is then you can start figuring out; Where does your ideal client usually look for this service? Do they turn to social media or do they rather trust word of mouth?

Good luck.

amother
Bisque

Post Tue, Dec 18 2018, 11:44 pm
Quote:

I think you are jumping ahead of yourself.

The number one question is What do you offer to your ideal client more than someone else in your field is offering? Is it more service? More convenience? Less money? Nicer makeup/sheitel/photography?

The number two question is Who is your ideal client? Whom are you targeting? Where do they live? How old are they?

Once you are clear about How your service differentiates and Who your ideal client is then you can start figuring out; Where does your ideal client usually look for this service? Do they turn to social media or do they rather trust word of mouth?

Good luck.

Awesome. Thank you for this post. I do know who I am targeting, and they can all be found on instagram! (I do advertise elsewhere because I know not everyone is on instagram, but the point of this thread is about how to reach those on instagram)

Word of mouth is HUGE. I know that. And I feel like (correct me if I'm wrong) instagram IS one big word of mouth... one person posts/comments/stories about you and the amazing service you just provided for them and everyone else hears/sees.. even if they don't have a ton of followers, it's still putting your name out there.

For some reason none of the clients seem to be too active on instagram, so that hasn't helped me!
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics