Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
What to expect in Monsey (from BP)
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

amother
Cerise

Post Thu, Dec 20 2018, 10:39 am
Teacher, You can send to YSV.

amother
Tangerine

Post Thu, Dec 20 2018, 10:41 am
Teacher_EW, I know several Bais Yakkov graduates that send to Bnos Derech Yisroel, is that an option for you? Have you tried Bais Shifra Miriam or Vien? You can try Bais Rochel but I doubt they'll even send you an application. From what I hear, YSV does not accept shtreimal dads.

ShishKabob

Post Thu, Dec 20 2018, 10:47 am
naturalmom5 wrote:
ASHAR..... You will get a great education, awesome parent body without all the garbage...

If you don't mind the 25 minute commute there is always YNJ...

You're a bit out of the loop these days. It's becoming more to the right. The girls and boys are not even on the same floor anymore Sad That's because they are now catering to the people that left Ateres or YSV. Nothing is the same anymore! Not even ASHAR! Smile

nchr

Post Thu, Dec 20 2018, 5:21 pm
Teacher_EW wrote:
I checked it out. Their application is a laundry list of very chasidish rules (No secular books in the house, parents only use flip phones, no internet accesibility in the home, sheitels not past the shoulder, hosiery 40 denier or more). Not very Bais Yaakov-y

Those rules are pretty standard at this point at many schools. There is Portnoy's school but it is very Yeshivish so there will be more rules than the above.

Do you like Chofetz Chaim? YSV? They may be lax with regards to rules.

amother
Smokey

Post Thu, Dec 20 2018, 5:24 pm
amother wrote:
Teacher_EW, I know several Bais Yakkov graduates that send to Bnos Derech Yisroel, is that an option for you? Have you tried Bais Shifra Miriam or Vien? You can try Bais Rochel but I doubt they'll even send you an application. From what I hear, YSV does not accept shtreimal dads.

Vien School for girls is very chassidish. It's like Pupa and driving is not allowed.

amother
Cerise

Post Fri, Dec 21 2018, 9:07 am
amother wrote:
Vien School for girls is very chassidish. It's like Pupa and driving is not allowed.

Officially not but they do make exceptions (I know of 4)

amother
Tangerine

Post Fri, Dec 21 2018, 9:08 am
Vien does not allow driving if you dont drive and you want to send there just because you want to drive. But if you're driving already they wont make you stop.

amother
Slategray

Post Fri, Dec 21 2018, 10:12 am
11213 wrote:
Thanks for all your answers. My husband and I are mainstream chasidish. I don’t cover my shaitel (shoulder length), I drive, and husband has long payos, full beard, wears long jacket.
Right now we send to mevakshei Hashem.

Sad

It sounds like your best fit should be Imrei Shefer

amother
Cerise

Post Fri, Dec 21 2018, 10:28 am
amother wrote:
Vien does not allow driving if you dont drive and you want to send there just because you want to drive. But if you're driving already they wont make you stop.

Whatever... Rolling Eyes

kiddo

Post Fri, Dec 21 2018, 10:41 am
amother wrote:
Whatever... Rolling Eyes

Exactly. They can’t figure it out themselves... it’s just everyone says no, so I’m like everyone and saying no too...:
A whole bunch of gibberish Wink

amother
cornflower

Post Fri, Dec 21 2018, 10:43 am
11213 wrote:
Thanks for all your answers. My husband and I are mainstream chasidish. I don’t cover my shaitel (shoulder length), I drive, and husband has long payos, full beard, wears long jacket.
Right now we send to mevakshei Hashem.

Is it going to be that hard for me to find a school for my boys ? Sad

Coming from mevKshei Hashem are you going to want to send to munkatch where everyone is accepted?

Monsey is extremely different than bp. I think the people here that are saying that Monsey has diversity are saying this from the narrow perspective of Monsey and don’t understand the diversity of bp.

I’m sure it depends which neighborhood you move too, but The chasidish in Monsey is still very chasiddish not like bp.

amother
Tangerine

Post Fri, Dec 21 2018, 10:45 am
Happens to be Vien is not the only school that has this rule. From one side I do get their point. Many people move out to monsey from Brooklyn and they change their lifestyle. It usually starts with driving and go's downhill from there. The schools are not interested in such parents.

amother
Tangerine

Post Fri, Dec 21 2018, 10:47 am
11213, Sanz cheder might be a good fit for you, it's pretty neutral with all types. You dont want to send to Munkatch from m'vakshei Hashem. If something try imrei shefer.

amother
Slategray

Post Sat, Dec 29 2018, 9:44 pm
amother wrote:
Many people move out to monsey from Brooklyn and they change their lifestyle. It usually starts with driving and go's downhill from there. The schools are not interested in such parents.

Typical excuse

amother
Cerise

Post Sat, Dec 29 2018, 9:47 pm
amother wrote:
Happens to be Vien is not the only school that has this rule. From one side I do get their point. Many people move out to monsey from Brooklyn and they change their lifestyle. It usually starts with driving and go's downhill from there. The schools are not interested in such parents.

Because driving leads people to....
Mixed dancing? Wink

baked ziti

Post Sat, Dec 29 2018, 10:35 pm
I've had kids in both of those chedarim. Imrei Shufer will accept just about anyone, just like, if not more so than Munkacs. I'm not saying that in a derogatory way. If someone wants a less diverse parent body, I would not say Imrei Shufer is the right fit.

amother
Lemon

Post Sat, Dec 29 2018, 10:47 pm
amother wrote:

Oh please.......
People drive because in the suburbs you need to drive to get to places.
Because relying on car services is impractical, not super safe, and not super tznius

baked ziti

Post Sat, Dec 29 2018, 11:19 pm
Exactly true. Especially for those of us living in areas that are still considered far out. Many car services won't even come till there, or will for an exorbitant amount. I used to have to add $20 to each shopping trip, or pay $8o to go to a dr.'s appointment. Getting a drivers license was the best thing I could have done. And no, I did not "go downhill" from there. There are so many women who drive secretly because it is a real necessity for them.

amother
Babyblue

Post Sat, Dec 29 2018, 11:27 pm
amother wrote:
are you going to want to send to munkatch where everyone is accepted?

How do the Munkatcher Rebbe's grandchildren get along with other parents and feel about their kids interacting with others (in a school they have no choice but to send their kids to, because it would look terrible if a Munkatcher grandchild would send to a different Moisad's school), if most or maybe all of the Munkatcher Einiklach wear covered Sheitels?

amother
Tangerine

Post Sat, Dec 29 2018, 11:30 pm
Amother babyblue, many munkatch people from Monsey dont send to Munkatch cheder. I doubt there are any munkatch einiklach in the monsey cheder.
Page 5 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating