Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Gift for babysitter

MMEC123

Post Sun, Dec 02 2007, 7:45 am
I would like to do something nice but not terribly expensive for DS's babysitter for Chanuka. She's really great and loves him and takes great care of him. Any suggestions?

Starhavah

Post Sun, Dec 02 2007, 7:56 am
MMEC123 wrote:
I would like to do something nice but not terribly expensive for DS's babysitter for Chanuka. She's really great and loves him and takes great care of him. Any suggestions?

A $10 gift certificate to her favorite place. I usually buy teachers gift cert to bookstores, but as a teacher I have gotten them for Starbucks and other places too. Starbucks are nice especially if your babysitter is young and still in college/graduate school. Many people who work in whild in school are on very tight budgets and can't arrord Starbucks, but $10 there goes a long way and is a nice treat.

We have a nice frum dress store here with "hip" clothes that a lot of young women like getting gift certs to. Target and iTunes gift cards also work. If she has an iPod, an iTunes gift card is great.

Just some suggestions,

Star Havah

proud_mama

Post Sun, Dec 02 2007, 10:31 am
What I do every year for my babysitters is buy a nice inexpensive crystal dish, in like Amazing Savings type of store, they carry good brands like mikasa, and I bring it to Oh Nuts (I live in Brooklyn) they weigh the dish, then I fill it nicely with chocolates and when they weigh it with the chocolates, they deduct the weight of the dish. They shrink wrap it. I love giving that , it could cost like $30 total, and they get the chocolates and the crystal dish and it looks great.

malky800

Post Sun, Dec 02 2007, 10:49 pm
What should you do when a group together collects for a Morah and says, "anything between 5-10"? Is that implying I should give 10$. I don't want to seem cheap and be the only one giving 5?

newmom

Post Sun, Dec 02 2007, 10:59 pm
A $10 gift card to Starbucks will only get you 2-3 coffees. If you don't want to spend much, I wouldn't give a gift card, but rather find something a little more expensive that is on sale.

baskrox

Post Mon, Dec 03 2007, 1:34 pm
My sister is a teacher and I asked her for ideas. She told me nice, but cheap - I should buy a nice basket (dollar store) and fill with home-made chocolate chip cookies with a nice card - cheap and easy. If you want something that will last or nicer - take above idea - put in nice crystal bowl or dish - or cookie jar (that's what I ended up buying - cute little cookie jars)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics