Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers
Replacing windows in Lakewood

DVOM

Post Wed, Dec 19 2018, 8:25 am
Hi everyone!

Tis the season! With hubby on midwinter break from grad school, we've turned out attention to the many big and small projects that need attention in the fixer-upper farmhouse we bought a bit more than a year ago.

Top of the list is our windows. The previous homeowner replaced many of the first-floor windows, but the windows in the basement, one downstairs room, and the garage are original to the house, as is a beautiful wooden antique garage door. These 100-year-old windows are poorly insulated and make the house very cold, not to mention they don't open. We're looking for someone who can replace them. We've had two window guys down to look at it. They won't touch it. The windows need cement/plasterwork, and they don't think they can do it.

Who does this work? Anyone have anyone to recommend?

Chayalle

Post Wed, Dec 19 2018, 8:34 am
I wonder if Jerry Asti could do this for you. He replaced my porch sliding door for me (the one that came with the house broke soon after we moved in) and did a beautiful job (it was more than just a door - he also closed up extra space and matched the siding perfectly on the outside, and matched all the moldings around, because we opted to go with a 6 foot standard door, rather than the original sized 8 foot custom door - would've been way more expensive, even with the extra work and supplies).

He's done lots of work for me in the past, and takes pride in the neat, professional work he does. I've found him to be reasonably priced.

He advertises in the local BP paper that goes around.

His # is 732-278-7641.

DVOM

Post Fri, Dec 21 2018, 5:00 am
Hi Chayalla,

Thanks for posting! I'm going to try him Smile

Dvora
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics