Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Lev Tahor Cult leaders arrested!!
1  2  Next

smile12345

Post Wed, Dec 19 2018, 4:20 pm
Lev Tahor Cult leaders arrested!!

Several leaders of the Lev Tahor Cult have just been taken into police custody, YWN has learned exclusively.

They were apprehended in Mexico, in a joint operation between Interpol and the FBI. Police raided two out of three Lev Tahor owned properties in the country in the middle of the night.

The five people in custody are:

Nachman Helbrans
Meyer Rosner
Chaim Yankel Rosner
Uriel Goldman
(First name unknown) Malka

https://www.theyeshivaworld.co......html

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Dec 19 2018, 4:24 pm
Wow!!!!

SuperWify

Post Wed, Dec 19 2018, 4:37 pm
Holding my breath! I really hope this is true!!

Forrealx

Post Wed, Dec 19 2018, 4:40 pm
YAS!!!

asmileaday

Post Wed, Dec 19 2018, 4:46 pm
Wow I hope this is true.

icebreaker

Post Wed, Dec 19 2018, 5:03 pm
B”H!

elisheva25

Post Wed, Dec 19 2018, 5:29 pm
Baruch HaShem !!

rainbow dash

Post Wed, Dec 19 2018, 5:33 pm
Hope no idiot pays the bail

nomismommy

Post Wed, Dec 19 2018, 6:39 pm
So some other meshugge will lead the cult and those who enjoy being oppressed will continue being part of the cult or go to a new one.

groisamomma

Post Wed, Dec 19 2018, 6:58 pm
Interesting comment by a reader on YWN: This week Ami will have an appeal for Pidyon Shvuyim for the leaders. I lost all respect for Ami when they ran that article defending Lev Tahor.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Dec 19 2018, 7:07 pm
groisamomma wrote:
Interesting comment by a reader on YWN: This week Ami will have an appeal for Pidyon Shvuyim for the leaders. I lost all respect for Ami when they ran that article defending Lev Tahor.

I hope that's just speculation and not actually true.
Puke

ETA: I hate the new vomit emoji.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Dec 20 2018, 6:40 am
https://nypost.com/2018/12/19/.....dren/

Rubber Ducky

Post Thu, Dec 20 2018, 8:57 am
ra_mom wrote:
groisamomma wrote:

I hope that's just speculation and not actually true.
Puke

ETA: I hate the new vomit emoji.

I think the "Pidyon Shvuyim appeal" by Ami is intended to be a joke.

Ravenclaw

Post Thu, Dec 20 2018, 9:04 am
groisamomma wrote:

Is this true?!

Ravenclaw

Post Thu, Dec 20 2018, 9:08 am
nomismommy wrote:
So some other meshugge will lead the cult and those who enjoy being oppressed will continue being part of the cult or go to a new one.

People in cults do not enjoy being oppressed. I hate when people here don’t seem to understand the concept of cults and brainwashing. The way you feel about Yiddishkeit? About universal truths like murder is wrong, etc? That’s how they feel about sacrificing their life for the cult. Is that healthy and normal? No, but that’s how cults work. It’s not a bunch of stupid people who enjo being oppressed and hurting their kids.
(Do not take this as a defense of cults, rather a psychological analysis of those who have joined cults)

tf

Post Thu, Dec 20 2018, 9:09 am
Rubber Ducky wrote:
I think the "Pidyon Shvuyim appeal" by Ami is intended to be a joke.

I believe so too, but I think this isn't good even as a joke. This is very very bitter and sad and unfortunate. Too much to be laughed at.

gamanit

Post Thu, Dec 20 2018, 9:10 am
Ravenclaw wrote:
Is this true?!

Was most certainly a joke. At this point Ami will probably try to save face and pretends the article never happened. There won't be anything about this in magazines this week though since they were already on the stands by the time this hit the press.

aliavi

Post Thu, Dec 20 2018, 1:19 pm
Ravenclaw wrote:
People in cults do not enjoy being oppressed. I hate when people here don’t seem to understand the concept of cults and brainwashing. The way you feel about Yiddishkeit? About universal truths like murder is wrong, etc? That’s how they feel about sacrificing their life for the cult. Is that healthy and normal? No, but that’s how cults work. It’s not a bunch of stupid people who enjo being oppressed and hurting their kids.
(Do not take this as a defense of cults, rather a psychological analysis of those who have joined cults)

Sentence 1 and 2 exactly.

thanks

Post Thu, Dec 20 2018, 1:45 pm
The yeshiva world has been bashing Ami for not realizing Lev Tahor is a cult. Every time the release an update on lev tahor, they remind the readers that they were the ones to expose this group. Ami's article was written a while back when lev Tahor might not have been what it is today. To date, Ami has not done any follow up article.

Cheiny

Post Thu, Dec 20 2018, 3:40 pm
tf wrote:
I believe so too, but I think this isn't good even as a joke. This is very very bitter and sad and unfortunate. Too much to be laughed at.

Agree that jokes shouldn’t be made about such serious issues.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics