Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Work after baby

amother
Aqua

Post Thu, Dec 20 2018, 7:22 pm
Im a first time mom and thinking of going back to work I just had my baby. Do employers give a 2 dollar. Raise or I should expect more? What is the norm?

amother
Indigo

Post Thu, Dec 20 2018, 7:23 pm
A raise for what? Returning from maternity leave? I just returned from my 8 week maternity leave. I received no raise.

Rachel Shira

Post Thu, Dec 20 2018, 7:33 pm
No raise unless you were going to get one independent of your new mom status.

Rachel Shira

Post Thu, Dec 20 2018, 8:03 pm
I think I understand why you’re asking - because it would be nice to get a raise now that you have a baby to provide for? I really wish it worked that way and I guess in some circles maybe it does (married people getting paid more than singles, etc), but it’s definitly not the norm.

amother
Gray

Post Thu, Dec 20 2018, 8:04 pm
Why do ppl assume that having a baby=raise?? What world do we live in. First of all that's illegal. Second, my fertility treatments costed more that than my babysitter so maybe I should have asked for a raise then.. Come on ppl

amother
Sienna

Post Thu, Dec 20 2018, 8:37 pm
I asked for a raise after my baby when I was supposed to go back part time till 1:00 and my boss asked my if I can stay till 2:30. I said I would do it only with a significant raise.

momsrus

Post Thu, Dec 20 2018, 8:43 pm
Do you deserve a raise? Are you dedicated? When was your last raise?

You didn’t decide if you should go back to work yet?

zaq

Post Thu, Dec 20 2018, 9:45 pm
Rachel Shira wrote:
I think I understand why you’re asking - because it would be nice to get a raise now that you have a baby to provide for? I really wish it worked that way and I guess in some circles maybe it does (married people getting paid more than singles, etc), but it’s definitly not the norm.

Paying people based on marital status is 100% illegal in the US. Yes, I am quite aware that frum businesses do this all the time. It's still illegal. What next? Expect a raise because you had major medical expenses? Are buying a house? Have children in shidduchim?

cherrylover

Post Thu, Dec 20 2018, 11:39 pm
What is the average amount per hour? I did not get a raise since I started, like 2 years ago

1ofbillions

Post Thu, Dec 20 2018, 11:40 pm
cherrylover wrote:
What is the average amount per hour? I did not get a raise since I started, like 2 years ago

For what job? In what geographical area?

flowerpower

Post Thu, Dec 20 2018, 11:42 pm
I never got a raise after giving birth. The city gave me half of my earnings for the first six weeks.

amother
Aqua

Post Thu, Dec 20 2018, 11:49 pm
1ofbillions wrote:

amother
Aqua

Post Thu, Dec 20 2018, 11:49 pm
1ofbillions wrote:

Billing in homecare

amother
Oak

Post Thu, Dec 20 2018, 11:53 pm
My coworker was debating if she should return to work after she had a baby. She told my boss she was unsure. My boss wanted her to return so he gave her a raise that equaled to the sitters fee.

I was glad to receive a raise based on my merits, but I do understand that it may not have been "worth it" for her to work if not for the raise.

amother
Aqua

Post Fri, Dec 21 2018, 12:05 am
amother wrote:
My coworker was debating if she should return to work after she had a baby. She told my boss she was unsure. My boss wanted her to return so he gave her a raise that equaled to the sitters fee.

I was glad to receive a raise based on my merits, but I do understand that it may not have been "worth it" for her to work if not for the raise.

Thats my issue. Its almost not worth it for me to go back. Would u know how much she made per hr?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics