Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Maale amos

amother
Amber

Post Sat, Dec 22 2018, 3:24 pm
Anyone live here/have lots of info?

Looking for a smaller, chareidi moshav type place, near as poss to yerushalayim, garden a must! Would love a place like beit chilkiya, but too expensive and probably a little too far from yerushalayim to be possible..

Currently in yerushalayim, kids in bais yaakov/regular cheiders.

We're sefardi and mesora is important to us-dont mind ashkenazi schooling, but is there a sefardi shul/minyan?
What are prices like?
I hear theres a new neighbourhood just finished? Is this mostly apartments or private homes?
What is the uchlusia like?
Dh isnt anglo and not raising kids particularly as kids of anglos..will they/we stick out as 'too israeli'?

What else can u tell me to enlighten me?!

daagahminayin

Post Sat, Dec 22 2018, 7:54 pm
OP if you PM me I can give you the email address of someone who lives there.

ProudMommie

Post Sat, Dec 22 2018, 10:39 pm
You should go there for a shabbat and check it out. There is one rav there that everyone follows I think. It is a very nice emesdik place and I love it there. There r some minuses but it depends on what u can be comfortable with.

amother
Amber

Post Sun, Dec 23 2018, 2:39 am
I love that ur short description is 'emesdig'. Perfect way to express what we are looking for! Do you know the best way to go about arranging shabbos there if we dont know anyone?

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Dec 23 2018, 2:46 am
amother wrote:
I love that ur short description is 'emesdig'. Perfect way to express what we are looking for! Do you know the best way to go about arranging shabbos there if we dont know anyone?
On the nefesh bnefesh page there is a name and number for soeone to contact in the yishuv. Thats probably the simplest way.
Good luck.

amother
Amber

Post Sun, Dec 23 2018, 2:47 am
Good call, thanks!

Savta S

Post Sun, Dec 23 2018, 8:58 am
I don't know much about the yishuv, But I have cousins who raised their family there, recently moved,as they're now empty nesters. Their house is for sale. I recall it's a lovely house, with a gorgeous, large kitchen. It was so many years ago that I was there that I don't remember other specifics. Of course a big kitchen would stick in my mind. Anyway, if you're interested, pm me for details and I'll put you in touch.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Tue, Jun 08 2021, 3:00 pm
Hi, the post seems to be quite old, but we are also interested in moving to Maale Amos. is there someone from Maale Amos? I would love to ask some questions privately Smile we recently made Aliyah and are looking for "our" place. tending towards chareidi (but with somehow anglo/europeend prensence and open mindedness).

amother
Stonewash

Post Tue, Jun 08 2021, 9:17 pm
Shoshana Weinberg moved there many years ago with kids of all different ages and has much to share. If you go to that website, Avirah d'eretz yisrael and click on the top right where it says "forum" you can join the group. It describes its mission as: Helping the English-speaking Yeshiva/Chareidi community settle in Eretz Yisroel (Israel), with a focus on affordable housing and suitable community. Once you join the group, search for Maale Amos because she has written lots of things about it. There are also many other communities discussed.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions