Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
Kabocha squash?

hello 1

Post Sun, Dec 23 2018, 7:52 am
Has anyone made it?
I have one and have no idea what to do with it.
Any good recipe?
Thanks in advance

simba

Post Sun, Dec 23 2018, 7:57 am
There was a milchig quiche recipe in the Ami a few weeks ago. You had to drizzle the squash with honey and roast it. Then you also roast a cauliflower. Layered in a pie crust and pour a quick mixture over. It was good but a lot of work to get rid of a squash..
maybe just cube and roast it with some honey and sprinkle with Parmesan as a snack.

tichellady

Post Sun, Dec 23 2018, 11:07 am
Roast it, put it in soup or stew, it’s delicious

hello 1

Post Sun, Dec 23 2018, 11:19 am
Thank you!
The recipe from ami - don’t want to patchke.
What would you roast it with?

ahuva06

Post Sun, Dec 23 2018, 1:02 pm
I cut it in half length wise, place it face down on a sheet pan. Roast.
In the meantime sauté onions and garlic, add any orange veggies that you have on hand - carrots, butternut squash etc. You can also add any other veggies that you like in a soup.
When it's finished roasting scoop the squash out of the peel and add to a orange soup. Blend together. The kabocha squash adds a delicious sweetness and taste!

hello 1

Post Sun, Dec 23 2018, 1:36 pm
Thank you all!

ra_mom

Post Sun, Dec 23 2018, 1:41 pm
You call also just cube, toss with olive oil, garlic and kosher salt, and roast.

thanks

Post Sun, Dec 23 2018, 2:36 pm
Wash, cut in half and remove ses. Cut into wedges, drizzle with olive oil, roast in the oven. You can then eat the whole thing including the peel.
Or use in soup.

Soul on fire

Post Mon, Dec 24 2018, 12:05 pm
You can use it in any recipe that calls for winter squash, pumpkin or sweet potatoes. It's also great as a soup.

Rutabaga

Post Mon, Dec 24 2018, 1:22 pm
I don't know how adventurous your family is when it comes to food, but I heard a cool idea for kabocha squash that I've been thinking of trying out. Someone mentioned to me that she was at a meal where the host served a stuffed kabocha as a family style appetizer for a Friday night or maybe Yom Tov meal. The top had been cut off and the seeds scooped out and then the squash was filled with some sort of meaty stew and baked. Apparently it was brought to the table whole and everyone was served a scooped out portion which included some stew and some squash.

I don't have a recipe, but I can imagine making something like that with lamb and Mideast spices or a tomato based ground beef stew. It would probably even be good for a dairy meal made with grains and sauteed veggies and shredded or cubed cheese.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics