Home

Only in the movies!
Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  Last >>
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment

View latest: 24h 48h 72h


amother




Pumpkin


Post  Sun, Dec 23 2018, 1:00 pm
amother wrote:
Female detectives chasing bad guys in five inch heels

And looking like models with their hair just so
Back to top

flowerpower




 
 
 


Post  Sun, Dec 23 2018, 1:04 pm
They wake up looking beautiful.
Back to top

Ravenclaw




 
 
 


Post  Sun, Dec 23 2018, 1:18 pm
The labor thing, totally. Can’t stand how they all seem to be like in the middle of something and then ,” Ow! OMG, the baby is coming!” And they are rushing to the hospital with their first baby. It can take on average 20 hours with your first, but yeah. And the first contraction does not feel all that painful.
Then there’s Deus Ex Machina. Where at the last minute something “just happens” to save the day.
Back to top

amother




Rose


Post  Sun, Dec 23 2018, 2:43 pm
Surprised no one mentioned this, but the homes people live in! Everyone lives in a really nice house or amazing apartment in a real happening part of the city, even characters who are supposed to be poor or struggling. And somehow everyone has time to hang out in cafes all day long and get into shenanigans (ok, I think that's more of a sitcom thing. But still).
Back to top

Ravenclaw




 
 
 


Post  Sun, Dec 23 2018, 2:49 pm
amother wrote:
Surprised no one mentioned this, but the homes people live in! Everyone lives in a really nice house or amazing apartment in a real happening part of the city, even characters who are supposed to be poor or struggling. And somehow everyone has time to hang out in cafes all day long and get into shenanigans (ok, I think that's more of a sitcom thing. But still).


Oh yes. I hate how in most of pop culture (including books) everyone is middle class. Unless it is a clear plot point otherwise.
Back to top

Iymnok




 
 
 


Post  Sun, Dec 23 2018, 2:51 pm
They don’t respond. They don’t need to because the scene changes.
It’s also very dramatic how they walk down the hall. When I walk down, I just walk.
Back to top

amother




Bisque


Post  Sun, Dec 23 2018, 3:06 pm
People (usually main characters) just drop everything to "follow their dream " no concenquences!
Back to top

causemommysaid




 
 
 


Post  Sun, Dec 23 2018, 3:08 pm
OK only a horror movie thing but seriously how dumb is the main character? What normal person with an IQ above 12 goes into a dark scary house alone in the middle of an electric storm. And then once they hear something scary, instead of getting the heck out, they go up a winding staircase deeper into the house. Or once people start going missing, they don't run for the hills. They split up and do something stupid.
Back to top

Ravenclaw




 
 
 


Post  Sun, Dec 23 2018, 3:11 pm
amother wrote:
People (usually main characters) just drop everything to "follow their dream " no concenquences!


This is usually because the people producing the movies are creative people who themselves have done that.

I would love to see a person follow their dreams and not be successful, instead the happy ending being that they simply enjoyed the art even if they didn’t strike it rich.
Back to top

Ravenclaw




 
 
 


Post  Sun, Dec 23 2018, 3:11 pm
People never go to the police when they should.
Back to top

essie14




 
 
 


Post  Sun, Dec 23 2018, 3:17 pm
Kids rooms are immaculately decorated.
Back to top

Zehava




 
 
 


Post  Sun, Dec 23 2018, 3:24 pm
essie14 wrote:
Kids rooms are immaculately decorated.

I know right? And everything always in place.
Back to top

bigsis144




 
 
 


Post  Sun, Dec 23 2018, 3:29 pm
Ravenclaw wrote:
This is usually because the people producing the movies are creative people who themselves have done that.

I would love to see a person follow their dreams and not be successful, instead the happy ending being that they simply enjoyed the art even if they didn’t strike it rich.


Spoilers for Monsters University (prequel to Monsters, Inc.):

[spoilers]I really appreciate that the protagonists did NOT “succeed” in the expected way. Mike eventually accepts he will never be a scarer, but finds fulfillment as part of a team. Mike and Sully are justifiably expelled, but work hard starting from the bottom to reach the top.[/spoilers]
Back to top

SuperWify




 
 
 


Post  Sun, Dec 23 2018, 3:51 pm
Does Xmas seem to magically solve all problems.

Just finished season 2 of the crown on this note....
Back to top

pause




 
 
 


Post  Sun, Dec 23 2018, 3:56 pm
When a couple kisses, the world turns... Drunken Smile
Back to top

cinnamon




 
 
 


Post  Sun, Dec 23 2018, 3:56 pm
People have no problem dropping everything to deal with the crisis at hand. If a dyeing alien tried to entrust me with the Mcguffin of Power I wouldn't be able to just stop and listen to his last cryptic sentence cause I'd be late for pick up or something.

Also noone ever needs to the bathroom at inappropriate times
Back to top

yersp




 
 
 


Post  Sun, Dec 23 2018, 4:22 pm
The surgeries!! So not real
I recently watched an emergency csection done with a local anesthetic and no stitching after, just the psych doc holding a towel with pressure and the baby magically looks 3 months old and healthy as ever.
Back to top

amother




Seafoam


Post  Sun, Dec 23 2018, 4:27 pm
Every handsome man who has been sleeping around with hordes of women will suddenly settle down and become monogamous when he meets a normal woman who makes dumb mistakes. LOL

And best of all, they always live happily ever after and he never looks at another woman again!
Back to top

youngishbear




 
 
 


Post  Sun, Dec 23 2018, 4:31 pm
causemommysaid wrote:
OK only a horror movie thing but seriously how dumb is the main character? What normal person with an IQ above 12 goes into a dark scary house alone in the middle of an electric storm. And then once they hear something scary, instead of getting the heck out, they go up a winding staircase deeper into the house. Or once people start going missing, they don't run for the hills. They split up and do something stupid.


Why do they always split up? Banging head
Back to top

shanie5




 
 
 


Post  Sun, Dec 23 2018, 4:45 pm
How many xmas holidays did they celebrate on M*A*S*H?The war was 3 years or so. There were 11 seasons of mash....
Back to top
Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  Last >> Recent Topics

Page 2 of 5 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Completely Clean Adult Videos/Movies Recommendations
by amother
12 Sun, Aug 11 2019, 3:14 pm View last post
Wants to kill himself bec don't allow movies
by amother
20 Thu, Aug 08 2019, 8:40 am View last post
9 Days/ 9 Av afternoon- movies 24 Tue, Aug 06 2019, 9:42 am View last post
Children’s Movies/shows - no violence or fantasy
by amother
11 Tue, Jul 23 2019, 6:19 pm View last post
Online Holocaust movies for Tisha B'av
by Yael_D
10 Sun, Jul 21 2019, 10:25 pm View last post

Jump to: