Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
RSV related to MMR vaccine?

amother
Jade

Post Sun, Dec 23 2018, 7:08 am
My grandson is in hospital. Has RSV virus my dd says.
Had second half of MMR vaccine 2 weeks ago. Of course it was recommended by drs and the pro vaxers due to outbreak.
He got his first half of booster a couple of months ago. Before his first birthday. Also got sick about a week afterwards. Trouble breathing & they thought he had asthma but it was bronchiolotis. Now he got even sicker & was taken into hospital on shabbos.
Why are these MMR vaccines being given to these little babies????
I have the schedule from my own kids which clearly state not to give it before 15 months old.

Does ANYONE really know ANYTHING?????

Our babies and kids are ginnea pigs.
B/c everyone is so scared about the outbreaks we are injecting our babies with toxins along with vaccines to immature immune systems with the hopes that this will all GO AWAY soon.
But do we really know anything????

I’m so upset I am shaking and don’t know who to trust.

amother
Mustard

Post Sun, Dec 23 2018, 7:23 am
No. Newborn had it and did not have shots yet. Must have gotten the virus from older child. In an older toddler RSV can look like a cold and in an infant we know how different.

Sebastian

Post Sun, Dec 23 2018, 7:25 am
my baby niece had rsv and (obviously) did not get the MMR. It's just going around.

Your grandson had to get the vaccine so young (the first dose) b/c there are selfish ppl who didn't vaccinate their kids and it led to a measles outbreak. MMR is given btw a year and 15 mo for the first dose. My baby got it at a year (bh no outbreak in my area).

"Toxins" in the vaccines are in very low doses and therefore, NOT TOXIC. The MMR was around since the 1970s and is very well tested. Your grandson is NOT being a guinea pig.

RSV is really scary. RS to your grandson and I hope he recovers quickly!

Iymnok

Post Sun, Dec 23 2018, 7:27 am
Dd is one. A week after her MMR-V she had a slight fever and gunky eyes. The next day she was fine. I am happier that she is now vaccinated since a week later a child was showing measles symptoms in her brother's gan.
There are other viruses going around. When a recently vaccinated child is building up the immunity from the vaccine, they may be more susceptible to other things in their environment. If the child had a strong reaction last time, it does not mean that all vaccines are bad, it just means that that kid reacts strongly to them. His case should be discussed with his pediatrician before he gets that vaccine again. His siblings should be closely monitored.

From your post you seem to be reacting emotionally. You also seem to have strong feelings against vaccines.
Try to calm down and support your Dd and dgs without bringing the shots into it. Maybe it was the cause, maybe not. She needs support in dealing with what she has on her plate right now.
(She should report it to the doctor, follow ups/reactions are underreported)

amother
Silver

Post Sun, Dec 23 2018, 7:31 am
I feel much better now that I got these replies
I’m not against vaccines. All my kids are vaccinated, including my own SN child. That’s not it. I just feel very helpless & bad for my dd.
I hope he’ll be ok. Saying tehilim now.

nchr

Post Sun, Dec 23 2018, 7:37 am
RSV is a virus and is not caused by the MMR vaccine. I'm sorry your grandson has RSV and hope he feels better soon.

southernbubby

Post Sun, Dec 23 2018, 7:45 am
Two of my grandchildren were hospitalized at different times with RSV but neither was in conjunction with the MMR vaccine. I do think that kids in apartment buildings maybe more exposed to other people who are carrying RSV. In an adult, RSV is just a cold so adult carriers are out and about.

amother
Mustard

Post Sun, Dec 23 2018, 8:48 am
amother wrote:
I feel much better now that I got these replies
I’m not against vaccines. All my kids are vaccinated, including my own SN child. That’s not it. I just feel very helpless & bad for my dd.
I hope he’ll be ok. Saying tehilim now.

We are Davening for him.

amother
Silver

Post Sun, Dec 23 2018, 11:08 am
OP here.
Why ask the question when to give the second booster vaccine if it’s completely safe to do so? Of course we don’t HAVE to give the second shot to every child even though it’s advised by the higher ups.
Was reading the thread below:

https://www.imamother.com/foru.....50938

Iymnok

Post Sun, Dec 23 2018, 11:14 am
In Israel the second dose is given in first grade or to any child who is at least 30 after his first dose and has been exposed first hand within six days.
I believe in the US the second dose is advised at age 4-6 or in high likelihood of exposure.

tweety1

Post Sun, Dec 23 2018, 11:23 am
My 5 year old had it when was 7 weeks old. Didn't have a chance to get shots yet.

amother
Silver

Post Sun, Dec 23 2018, 1:18 pm
He’s only 12 months old.

southernbubby

Post Sun, Dec 23 2018, 1:27 pm
amother wrote:
OP here.
Why ask the question when to give the second booster vaccine if it’s completely safe to do so? Of course we don’t HAVE to give the second shot to every child even though it’s advised by the higher ups.
Was reading the thread below:

https://www.imamother.com/foru.....50938

In NJ, you can check a titer after the first MMR because of Holly's Law which is named after a child who died as a result of the second MMR.

My son got his titers checked as the father of a newborn. The mumps titer was fine but the measles and rubella were low so he got an MMR and was told to wait at least 28 days for the second one.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics