Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Must have accessories for Doona ?

amother
Blush

Post Sun, Dec 23 2018, 3:17 pm
What are the must haves to go with a Doona? I know it does not have a basket so need a diaper bag....is the Doona brand one good?

momsrus

Post Sun, Dec 23 2018, 3:30 pm
Diaper bag is good though it’s not that big.

I don’t remember if it came with rain over or we had to buy separate.

tichellady

Post Sun, Dec 23 2018, 3:32 pm
Rain cover, hooks.I use a backpack for a diaper bag. I use a cover to help my baby nap

wow

Post Sun, Dec 23 2018, 6:22 pm
I love the essentials bag. It's perfect size for me. They also have a bigger diaper bag if you feel you need it. I have the raincover as well but somehow never got to use it. Guess I never really strolled in the rain, was just in and out of the car.

amother
Blush

Post Sun, Dec 23 2018, 6:38 pm
Thanks so much! I will get the essential bag. Do the mommy hooks scratch the handle? Is it too heavy for the Doona when it has bags in it?

wow

Post Sun, Dec 23 2018, 7:29 pm
amother wrote:
Thanks so much! I will get the essential bag. Do the mommy hooks scratch the handle? Is it too heavy for the Doona when it has bags in it?

I never used mommy hooks, I would assume that would fly around. I use the velcro hooks that gave way smaller mommy hooks attached to them. It stays in place and works well for me. You can't hang too heavy bags on it anyway, it's not that capable of so many pounds.

SuperWify

Post Sun, Dec 23 2018, 7:46 pm
When I used my Doona I had Two Mommy hooks and the bigger Dona diaper bag.

amother
Blush

Post Sun, Dec 23 2018, 7:48 pm
SuperWify wrote:
When I used my Doona I had Two Mommy hooks and the bigger Dona diaper bag.

Thanks! Any idea what the bigger bag is called?

trixx

Post Sun, Dec 23 2018, 8:10 pm
I loved the small essential bag so much that after I outgrew the Doona I still used it on my stroller. Also the sunshade is a must - it blocks light so baby can sleep. Never used the rain cover, never bothered with the mesh cover even when traveling to tropical places. And pls don't be that person who puts a million shopping bags on mommy hooks risking the stability and safety of the Doona - it can only bear so much.

simba

Post Sun, Dec 23 2018, 8:29 pm
I have the bigger diaper bag and a rain cover. Nothing else and really enjoy it.

amother
Coffee

Post Sun, Dec 23 2018, 8:33 pm
Does anyone have the snap on storage? I was thinking to get it for when I need to run into grocery for a few basic items

country

Post Sun, Dec 23 2018, 9:02 pm
the doona does tip sometimes with heavy bags. I got the diaper bag that attaches to the back of the doona instead of the front and it balances it out. It totally solved the tipping problem

amother
Tan

Post Mon, Dec 24 2018, 12:05 pm
I'm getting the doona today, after hearing how practical it is!
I was wondering about the bigger diaper bag. The store told me it hangs pretty low from the handle, the smaller bag hangs closer up.

Does the big bag get in the way? If it's so low down I can imagine it banging into feet every second.

trixx

Post Mon, Dec 24 2018, 12:43 pm
amother wrote:
Does anyone have the snap on storage? I was thinking to get it for when I need to run into grocery for a few basic items

I don't understand this - unless you live in the suburbs. (use a shopping basket then, hard to juggle but the Doona doesn't fit into a wagon) The Doona is not a stroller. If you live in brooklyn, get a normal stroller with a basket and use that to do your shopping. It is dangerous to keep an infant in the car seat for too long and the Doona wheels are not the best.

country

Post Mon, Dec 24 2018, 12:59 pm
get the all day bag its a nice size bag attaches to back of carriage and hangs down in back instead of front. it doesnt get in your way and it also keeps the carriage from tipping heavy when you have shopping bags beacause you put your bags in front this in back so weight is evenly distributed.
Here is a picture of what it look like on carriage

https://www.modernnursery.com/.....y-bag

tichellady

Post Mon, Dec 24 2018, 1:15 pm
trixx wrote:
I don't understand this - unless you live in the suburbs. (use a shopping basket then, hard to juggle but the Doona doesn't fit into a wagon) The Doona is not a stroller. If you live in brooklyn, get a normal stroller with a basket and use that to do your shopping. It is dangerous to keep an infant in the car seat for too long and the Doona wheels are not the best.

The doona is a stroller. I don’t understand this post at all

mom!

Post Mon, Dec 24 2018, 1:30 pm
amother wrote:

I have it and its a waste. There isn't much that can fit in there as it is very small. Also, the doona wont click into the base if that is snapped on. Every time you go in the car, you are going to need to remove it. Pain in the neck.

country

Post Tue, Dec 25 2018, 3:00 pm
the one that goes in back is the size of a regular diaper bag it's actually pretty big. you are right about having to remove it when you get into car.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics