Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
I need an idea...please help!

amother

Post Sun, Dec 02 2007, 4:51 pm
I need an idea for a Chanukah project for my 2 year old class. I had an idea but the store that I went to didtn have the supplies!
Please help!!! THanks!!!

cookielady

Post Sun, Dec 02 2007, 4:53 pm
make an edible menorah. use celery as base, with pb to hold carrot sticks for the candles, top with fruit loops for the flame. or something like that.

momluv

Post Sun, Dec 02 2007, 5:02 pm
we did this by a chanuka party one year. we stenciled a menorah and dreidel and photocopied it for everyone. then using marshmallow fluff they pasted on nosh to sort of "color" the menorah. they used sour sticks, jelly beans etc. you can bake cookies, probably best if you do it before class unless you have an oven in school and you want the class to do it with you, (they're only 2 so not much helping) and there are markers which they can color on the cookies yet are kosher and edible. or you can just decorate the cookies with sprinkles and chocolate chips (the colorful ones are more fun!). cut the cookies into chanuka shapes with chanuka cookie cutters! that'll add some chanuka spice to it.

MahPitom

Post Sun, Dec 02 2007, 7:01 pm
The marshmallow fluff works great. Give them popsicle sticks to use as disposable spreaders, and have them put aspirin-candies on the sticky areas.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics