Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Pods Detergent

mom!

Post Mon, Dec 24 2018, 10:51 am
Anyone who made the switch from liquid detergent to pods, did you find it cost effective?

amother
Cyan

Post Mon, Dec 24 2018, 11:27 am
Not to hijack your thread, but PSA:

Families with small children should avoid pods because they are attractive to kids, look like toys or candy, and have resulted in poisonings when children ate them.

I don't care for them because they're premeasured. I often do very different size and quality loads and prefer to measure out exactly the quantity I want. Also, with liquid, I can pour some out and apply directly to a spot or stubborn area before putting the item in the machine.

Sweet as Pie

Post Mon, Dec 24 2018, 11:29 am
I love mine!! Bought at Costco so was cheaper, I don’t have young kids (youngest is in elementary) a

Last edited by Sweet as Pie on Sun, Mar 10 2019, 1:14 am; edited 1 time in total

simba

Post Mon, Dec 24 2018, 11:35 am
I got a bag by mistake in my grocery order. They smelled better then the regular detergent but I didn’t notice and other difference.
I wouldn’t order for safety concerns.

amother
Cerulean

Post Mon, Dec 24 2018, 11:54 am
amother wrote:
Not to hijack your thread, but PSA:

Families with small children should avoid pods because they are attractive to kids, look like toys or candy, and have resulted in poisonings when children ate them.

I don't care for them because they're premeasured. I often do very different size and quality loads and prefer to measure out exactly the quantity I want. Also, with liquid, I can pour some out and apply directly to a spot or stubborn area before putting the item in the machine.

I love pods. My kids know they are for washing clothes. My older kids can use them on their own. They are stored in a cupboard with a child lock so my three-year old can’t get them although I am pretty sure he already knows their use. None of them have ever mistaken them for toys or candy. 🤔

Moonlight

Post Mon, Dec 24 2018, 12:08 pm
Switched to pods, Happy so far

amother
Smokey

Post Mon, Dec 24 2018, 12:20 pm
I used to use pods, but I switched back to liquid. My loads vary, and I prefer to customize the amount of detergent I use.

flowerpower

Post Mon, Dec 24 2018, 12:33 pm
I found pods to be more pricey than the liquid detergent that I use. I have a large machine and needed to put in at least 3 in a load.

teachkids

Post Mon, Dec 24 2018, 5:01 pm
I love using pods since I don't do laundry in my own apt, so its easier to throw a pod into each bag of laundry before leaving my apt instead of shlepping a whole jug. I was buying smaller jugs of detergent because they were easier to carry, so bulk pods came out cheaper.
Clearly this only applies in an apt like situation.

renslet

Post Mon, Dec 24 2018, 7:57 pm
I find them way cheaper cuz my cleaning lady always puts cuploads of liquid detergent in the machine with each load, when I buy pods she only puts one, works out way cheaper especially if I buy the Costco ones

HappyMom5

Post Mon, Dec 24 2018, 8:09 pm
I find them extremely convenient. No sticky running measuring cup afterwards. But I find they do not always fully dissolve and ends up as a hard thing on my laundry! Anyone else has this issue?

Coffee Addict

Post Mon, Dec 24 2018, 8:12 pm
I love it. For bigger loads put 2. For huge loads put 3. Simple as that.

butterfly2

Post Mon, Dec 24 2018, 8:34 pm
It’s convenient but I find that the smell of the tide pods are weird. Like not super fresh

amother
Ginger

Post Wed, Dec 26 2018, 1:11 am
I don't use for a few reasons:
Not economical as a per-load price.
Don't find they works as well.
I hate the plastic residue and I am afraid it clogs up my machine!

lucky14

Post Wed, Dec 26 2018, 2:41 am
I felt they left my towels smelling really nasty (I think they didn't wash out properly). I switched back to liquid. Buy a small bag and see for yourself. Or write to the companies and ask for samples even.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry