Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
How do you organize quick-grab things in kitchen?

amother
Linen

Post Tue, Dec 25 2018, 8:43 am
The window sill in my kitchen ends up being the home for lots of odds and ends like yarmulkes, sun tan lotion, hand moisturizer, etc. - things that we usually need right before we're leaving the house. I don't have any extra cabinet space that I can designate as storage for these items. Anybody have a good solution for where to keep them so they are handy, but not messy?

SingALong

Post Tue, Dec 25 2018, 8:47 am
I have a small broom closet in my kitchen. Above the hooks for brooms/mood I have a shelf I store spray bottles/cleaners. I put a plastic box, the size of a shoe box and all that type of stuff goes in there. I currently have a brush, band aids, hairspray, scotch tape, ponies, purely, and other random stuff

ShishKabob

Post Tue, Dec 25 2018, 8:58 am
I would even put a nice basket / bin on the counter itself, preferably one without see thru walls and put all the stuff from the sill into the basket. Like that it clears us the sill and everything is within arms reach but it's hidden in the basket so it's more put together.

zaq

Post Tue, Dec 25 2018, 5:37 pm
Does this stuff need to be in the kitchen? Look at Apartmenttherapy.com for entryway ideas. Search under entryways and "landing strips", which is their term for the place in the entry where you keep all the things you want to drop off when you come in and want to have available when you leave. Wall-mounted racks are especially good because they take up no floor space, and you can hang bags from them to collect whatever you like.

I keep a small container of some sort, often a tupperware that lost its lid, in the corner of my kitchen counter, to collect all the flotsam and jetsam that doesn't seem to have a home elsewhere or that I don't want to put away in its rightful place just at the moment. At biur chametz I throw in the whole thing. JUUUUST KIDDING!!!! Never throw plastic or foil into the fire.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Dec 25 2018, 5:39 pm
Is there room for a basket to keep these items in the coat closet? Can you put in a console with a drawer near the entrance?
I keep the hand cream and sunscreen in the medicine chest in the bathroom near the door. Maybe you can find room under the sink for a basket.

mom!

Post Tue, Dec 25 2018, 6:05 pm
How about those things people use to store diapers/wipes ect? It is sort of like a shower basket with multiple compartments, small enough to go on your counter but big enough to accommodate those small stuff.

amother
Salmon

Post Tue, Dec 25 2018, 6:06 pm
following

amother
Jetblack

Post Tue, Dec 25 2018, 6:20 pm
https://www.amazon.com/InterDe.....HHNGI

I have these in various sizes hanging on the INSIDE of my closet doors for odds and ends.

You can place them into kitchen cabinets as well.

Rubber Ducky

Post Tue, Dec 25 2018, 6:21 pm
Wall mounted organizer near or hanging on the door. Something with clear pockets.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Link: https://smile.amazon.com/Simpl.....ckets

amother
Linen

Post Tue, Dec 25 2018, 6:49 pm
Thank you so much everybody for the fantastic ideas!! I think the inside-cabinet mounted basket might be a great solution for me! Thank you to everyone for taking the time to post your ideas.

dankbar

Post Tue, Dec 25 2018, 7:47 pm
We have some junk drawers in kitchen for these stuff. One for pens, coins, safety pins, scotch tape, loose buttons, stapler, scisscors in a sectional tray. One drawer for brushes, pony tail holders, hair gel, bobby pins. Also holds matches, besamim for havdalah. Other drawer for benchers, notebooks. Thermometer.
Lower drawers are for silver foil, plastic bags, parchment paper.
Big bottom drawer for bibs, smocks, kitchen tableclothes.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics