Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> The Imamother Writing Club
Anonymous magazine submission
1  2  Next

amother
Puce

Post Tue, Dec 25 2018, 12:22 pm
To those of you with magazine experience, is it possible to submit an article anonymously? The article is about a mental health story and I would rather not share my identity with the editors, even if it will be then published under a pen name.

flowerpower

Post Tue, Dec 25 2018, 12:32 pm
The Ami had an article in the Succos edition that was totally anonymous. Even to the editor.

ahuva06

Post Tue, Dec 25 2018, 12:45 pm
You can set up a fake email with a realistic name and they will have no way of knowing that you're anonymous...
(I've done that before)

write on

Post Tue, Dec 25 2018, 2:37 pm
Riva Pomerantz here :-)! So one thing to know is that editors are extremely discreet. If you submit under a pen name and indicate that it's important to preserve your privacy, they're very understanding. However, if it's so super private that you just can't run the risk of being identified, I do get that as well. Actually, I've submitted articles anonymously for several people and I'm happy to do it for you as well, if you'd like. Just pm me.

BTW, shameless plug here: I'm coming to the States and doing some awesome writing workshops for EVERYONE, no prior writing experience required. I'd love to meet you! I'll be in Monsey and Lakewood and then in Toronto, so come on over! You can pm me for more details!

And one other thing: awhile back, I posted about an online writing academy that I dreamed of starting. Well, be"H it's happening very soon and I'm really excited about it! A place for frum women writers to advance their skills and up their game. Plus, I'm building an online exclusive community where writers can get and give feedback, showcase their work, and even be head-hunted by the magazines! Yay!!! :-) Stay tuned...

enneamom

Post Tue, Dec 25 2018, 3:22 pm
How do you get paid if it's anonymous?

write on

Post Tue, Dec 25 2018, 3:30 pm
Just about to post about that. Yes, it's the downside. So if you are doing it for money (and there ain't that much of it if you're talking about a one-off, pov piece!), you can't have your cake and eat it anonymously ;-).

Although I just did this for someone I know and respect who really needed to publish for the catharsis of it, and I agreed to accept the royalty for them and just pay out to them afterwards.

flowerpower

Post Tue, Dec 25 2018, 3:51 pm
Hi RivaπŸ–πŸ»πŸ–πŸ»

amother
Puce

Post Tue, Dec 25 2018, 4:29 pm
This is more about getting my story out than about money. Although I have published articles for pay, under my real name, which is why I would be uncomfortable with having the editors associate me with such a personal type of piece.

write on

Post Tue, Dec 25 2018, 4:43 pm
Hey, Flowerpower! :-)

amother
Yellow

Post Tue, Dec 25 2018, 4:46 pm
Hi Reva! Did u see this thread?
https://www.imamother.com/foru.....51525 LOL LOL

write on

Post Tue, Dec 25 2018, 4:46 pm
I get you, amother. One thing I do have to say, in my experience, editors are so immersed in the real world that they are very understanding and compassionate, but it depends on your relationship with your editor and also on the nature of the piece. Personally, I am pretty close with my editor and I have, on occasion, gone a bit out of my comfort zone and shared things that I went on to publish under a pen name. (Yes! Doesn't happen often, but I have done it, mostly to protect the people involved.)

Hatzlacha!

write on

Post Tue, Dec 25 2018, 4:50 pm
amother wrote:
Hi Reva! Did u see this thread?
https://www.imamother.com/foru.....51525 LOL LOL

Hey, no fair! You Imamothers are gonna put me out of business! :-)

Awesome!

amother
Slategray

Post Tue, Dec 25 2018, 10:15 pm
Reva - I love your writing!

My friend and I feel that 6 degrees helped us strengthen our marriages and home life.

So your fiction is acomplishing

Sunny Days

Post Tue, Dec 25 2018, 10:50 pm
Can you please come on over on that thread and continue the story? pretty please!! that thread really kept me going.

Sunny Days

Post Tue, Dec 25 2018, 10:51 pm
write on wrote:
Riva Pomerantz here :-)! So one thing to know is that editors are extremely discreet. If you submit under a pen name and indicate that it's important to preserve your privacy, they're very understanding. However, if it's so super private that you just can't run the risk of being identified, I do get that as well. Actually, I've submitted articles anonymously for several people and I'm happy to do it for you as well, if you'd like. Just pm me.

BTW, shameless plug here: I'm coming to the States and doing some awesome writing workshops for EVERYONE, no prior writing experience required. I'd love to meet you! I'll be in Monsey and Lakewood and then in Toronto, so come on over! You can pm me for more details!

And one other thing: awhile back, I posted about an online writing academy that I dreamed of starting. Well, be"H it's happening very soon and I'm really excited about it! A place for frum women writers to advance their skills and up their game. Plus, I'm building an online exclusive community where writers can get and give feedback, showcase their work, and even be head-hunted by the magazines! Yay!!! :-) Stay tuned...

Coming to the US & not coming to Brooklyn Can't Believe It Can't Believe It

InnerMe

Post Wed, Dec 26 2018, 9:10 am
gamzehyaavor wrote:
Coming to the US & not coming to Brooklyn Can't Believe It Can't Believe It

I know.. Right?! Riva, the Brooklyn people want you!

write on

Post Wed, Dec 26 2018, 11:36 am
Amother Slategray, thank you for sharing that. It is so gratifying to hear!

I loved 6 Degrees. I felt it was so relevant to so many threads in my own life and in all of our lives--just the idea of connection and letting go really speaks to many of us on so many levels.

write on

Post Wed, Dec 26 2018, 11:41 am
InnerMe wrote:
I know.. Right?! Riva, the Brooklyn people want you!

Nothing personal--I promise!! Heart Heart Heart Love you guys! :-) Actually, I've been getting quite a few messages from disgruntled Brooklyners telling me that Monsey's too far :-(. I would LOVE to meet all of you, just don't have another night available.

What I will say is that if we can get together a nice group in Brooklyn, I could maybe change the plan... I would also need a good venue that can hold a good-sized number of people. Hostess comes free and gets an autographed copy of my book! :-) Just saying...

qwerty4

Post Wed, Dec 26 2018, 11:43 am
write on wrote:

My dream come true!! Is this happening?

amother
Mauve

Post Wed, Dec 26 2018, 11:46 am
write on wrote:
Nothing personal--I promise!! Heart Heart Heart Love you guys! :-) Actually, I've been getting quite a few messages from disgruntled Brooklyners telling me that Monsey's too far :-(. I would LOVE to meet all of you, just don't have another night available.

What I will say is that if we can get together a nice group in Brooklyn, I could maybe change the plan... I would also need a good venue that can hold a good-sized number of people. Hostess comes free and gets an autographed copy of my book! :-) Just saying...

I emailed you earlier today that I have a place for you.. It's a basement that can hold a nice size people. In Boro Park.

Maybe Imamothers can chime in if they'd like to come, and then we can see whether we have the nice sized group your looking for.

Imamothers: whose in?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> The Imamother Writing Club