Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Where can I spend Pesach with my family (NY)

amother
Violet

Post Tue, Dec 25 2018, 5:05 pm
I'm iyh due on Erev Pesach and don't feel up to cooking/cleaning/serving food for Yom Tov. I will iyh be kimpeturin, with several little kids kah. I don't have family to move into or rely on. Not even to take my kids Erev Yom tov...
I don't see hotel being much of an option as we need Space. Being cramped into 2 small rooms (with no kitchen) in hotel is not very tempting. The noise and being careful kids don't run around disturbing other guest is not for my kochos then. Any good ideas are welcome

simba

Post Tue, Dec 25 2018, 5:09 pm
If the budget of a hotel isn’t scaring you maybe hire a private chef to cook Yom Tov and stay home.
Kids are always best in their own space and beds.

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Dec 25 2018, 5:14 pm
simba wrote:
If the budget of a hotel isn’t scaring you maybe hire a private chef to cook Yom Tov and stay home.
Kids are always best in their own space and beds.

But who should she have do the cleaning for Pesach if she stays home?

momX4

Post Tue, Dec 25 2018, 5:16 pm
You can get 2-3 cleaning ladies come for a full day. They can do everything.

amother
Khaki

Post Tue, Dec 25 2018, 5:18 pm
The easiest for you especially with little kids is to hire extra cleaning help before pesach and hire a chef to cook for you at home or cater all meals. You can start doing closets now and the rest just do whatever needs to be done.

hello 1

Post Tue, Dec 25 2018, 5:38 pm
There’s a cleaning crew in Williamsburg that does pesach cleaning. I’m sure you need to book them already if you want.
That’s probably the best if you can afford it.
Stay home, have house cleaned, and someone cook for you. Can get a nurse too for the baby if you feel you need it since it’s such a hectic time - all children home... but at least you’ll all be in familiar territory

amother
Violet

Post Tue, Dec 25 2018, 5:38 pm
Op here. Thanks for the kind responses.
No, Home is not an option, we live in a tiny old apartment.
We don't really have money to splurge but I've got no choice.

Ravenclaw

Post Tue, Dec 25 2018, 5:51 pm
There are pesachdige villas in swan lake for rent every year. Think it’s about 2000$ for whole pesach. Everything is already covered with shelf paper etc. if you take such a place and hire a chef...

ra_mom

Post Tue, Dec 25 2018, 5:53 pm
amother wrote:

Do you want to rent a bigger home nearby?

I think the best bet is a crew that comes in and cleans everything in your apartment at once, buy food off a menu, and hire cleaning childcare help for YT itself. Hotels are a nightmare with little ones.

amother
Rose

Post Tue, Dec 25 2018, 5:55 pm
Ravenclaw wrote:
There are pesachdige villas in swan lake for rent every year. Think it’s about 2000$ for whole pesach. Everything is already covered with shelf paper etc. if you take such a place and hire a chef...

Can you post contact information for this?

amother
Khaki

Post Tue, Dec 25 2018, 6:07 pm
Tabaks/highland mills bungalow colony offers summer homes ready cleaned for pesach. I dont have their contact info.
But before you think that it's easier to go away, think about the shlep and everything you'll need to take along. Practically your entire house. Linen, towels, clothing, shoes, blankets, pillows, all seder stuff, toys, soap/shampoo, an entire pharmacy, paper goods, cutletry....... you get the picture.

momsrus

Post Tue, Dec 25 2018, 7:04 pm
Wow! That’s super hard. Good luck whatever you do.

Green hills in swan lake. We were there for succos one year. Beautiful, big, clean.

Linen and towels are provided. I think they give you a fullly ( huge) kashered kitchen. It’s duplex houses with 5 br.

http://greenhillsweekendvillas.....l.pdf

https://I.imgur.com/svJXoju.jpg

amother
Violet

Post Tue, Dec 25 2018, 9:07 pm
OP here. Good ideas, though I wanna hear more advice.
We tried Green Hill Apt. Rental several years ago, it was beautiful but huge huge shlep. We literally rented a Budget truck to shlep the entire house including a big freezer. Precooked all food (cause we only got there erev yom tov). Though it was an enjoyable Tom tov, I don't think we're going to be doing that again so fast. Especially not with newborn...

amother
Jade

Post Tue, Dec 25 2018, 10:05 pm
I had a baby a few years ago a few days before pesach. My cleaning lady and my husband cleaned and kashered 10 days before pesach and I started cooking and freezing. We also bought some take out. Staying home was the best option. We have no family nearby and no one came to help (it would have been way more stressful for me to have my parents or in laws). All the kids got to sleep in their own beds, I had my private bathroom.

amother
Maroon

Post Tue, Dec 25 2018, 10:48 pm
amother wrote:

First, beshaa tovah, feel good.
If you live in your apartment year round, why can't you stay in it for Pesach?
I agree with the other posters. Hire cleaning help and buy catered food. No shlepping, no dislocation.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics