Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Is the Monsey Measles Outbreak Over?
1  2  Next

amother
Salmon

Post Wed, Dec 26 2018, 9:16 am
Title says it all.

amother
Seashell

Post Wed, Dec 26 2018, 9:27 am
following

i3hashem

Post Wed, Dec 26 2018, 9:45 am
you'll never know so soon. the DOH has many agendas, and getting this epidemic over asap is not one of them. as long as there is one case somewhere within 90 miles , anytime in the last month, they will not declare it over, and continue to spread fear and propaganda to hundreds and thousands of American citizens.
they have many agendas, and what's in YOUR best interest, is not necessarily all of their agendas.
we need to daven to hashem for illness to go away, and that this country should be a real democracy, in ALL areas!
most Importantly, for moshiach now!!

amother
Olive

Post Wed, Dec 26 2018, 9:45 am
No

http://rocklandgov.com/departm.....tion/

amother
Seashell

Post Wed, Dec 26 2018, 9:49 am
it is not fear and propaganda
when there are still cases around incubation and contagion can spread
theres should be a time limit depending upon how quickly it is successfully contained IY"H

Iymnok

Post Wed, Dec 26 2018, 9:51 am
Here in Israel there has been more spread through people bringing infected individuals to Chanukah parties. I’d say likely not yet.

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Dec 26 2018, 10:16 am
amother wrote:
No

http://rocklandgov.com/departm.....tion/

Are the 96 confirmed cases current cases? Or are they all the cases combined from when the outbreak started? Because I saw that same number more than a week ago.

i3hashem

Post Wed, Dec 26 2018, 10:41 am
thunderstorm wrote:
Are the 96 confirmed cases current cases? Or are they all the cases combined from when the outbreak started? Because I saw that same number more than a week ago.

from when the outbreak started.

if you divide it by how many cases a week, or how many current active cases of measels, it isnt all that much. I dont know why it's made to be more than it is. yes its contagious, but they make it sound like hundreds of ppl a week are catching it.

itstrickling slowly, in my opinion, at a steady pace. which makes me wonder when it will eventually end.
it didnt come with a boom, attack many many ppls and then wean out.
interesting pattern.
even the outbreak in california 2 years ago was shorter, with more cases.

seeker

Post Wed, Dec 26 2018, 12:48 pm
There are still new cases being diagnosed in Ocean county so because of the interaction between frum communities I wouldn't consider anyplace clear yet.

amother
Linen

Post Tue, Jan 01 2019, 7:41 am
There are hundreds of unreported cases of measles. Pressure from the charedi yeshivas and fear of the department of health's quarantines have resulted in this trend. I work in healthcare in Monsey. This is so much bigger than the headlines.

amother
Pink

Post Tue, Jan 01 2019, 7:55 am
amother wrote:
There are hundreds of unreported cases of measles. Pressure from the charedi yeshivas and fear of the department of health's quarantines have resulted in this trend. I work in healthcare in Monsey. This is so much bigger than the headlines.

Please elaborate. I also work in healthcare in monsey and haven't seen any measles. I've heard lots of doctors making that claim but how could they know without the patients being seen?

amother
Coffee

Post Tue, Jan 01 2019, 8:42 am
The schools and cheders in monsey asked the parents not to report measles to the doctor, cause then it has to go to the health department, so as long as the child is fine it wasn’t reported. Also the anti vaxxers if they report get a lot of heat. A lot of the anti vaxxers were going to the urgent cares over there doctors because they didn’t wanna give shots.

amother
Pink

Post Tue, Jan 01 2019, 8:48 am
amother wrote:
The schools and cheders in monsey asked the parents not to report measles to the doctor, cause then it has to go to the health department, so as long as the child is fine it wasn’t reported. Also the anti vaxxers if they report get a lot of heat. A lot of the anti vaxxers were going to the urgent cares over there doctors because they didn’t wanna give shots.

I work in urgent care. We also have to report.

amother
Coffee

Post Tue, Jan 01 2019, 8:55 am
You weren’t reporting that they not giving vaccines or giving them mussar about not giving vaccines there regular pediatrician does so they go to urgent care. I know urgent care gotta report.

amother
Salmon

Post Fri, Jan 04 2019, 2:28 pm
Not over. "As of January 4, 2019, there are 105 confirmed reported cases of
measles in Rockland County."

amother
Salmon

Post Tue, Feb 12 2019, 1:46 pm
As of February 6, 2019, there are 130 confirmed reported cases of measles in Rockland County.

Vaccination rates for confirmed measles cases:

82% have had 0 MMRs - 107 persons
3% have had 1 MMR - 4 persons
5% have had 2 MMRs - 6 persons
10% unknown status - 13 persons

southernbubby

Post Tue, Feb 12 2019, 1:54 pm
I guess the question is if there are still some new cases.

amother
Coffee

Post Tue, Feb 12 2019, 1:55 pm
southernbubby wrote:
I guess the question is if there are still some new cases.

Yes as of today pediatrician said there are more new cases

southernbubby

Post Tue, Feb 12 2019, 2:06 pm
amother wrote:
Yes as of today pediatrician said there are more new cases

Really hard to eradicate. Now the teenage kids of anti-vaxers are rebelling and going to the health department to get vaccines. I hope that these health departments waive the fees because the kids are scared that they will get sick. In some places they don't have to be 18 to bypass the parents if they choose to be vaccinated.

amother
Coffee

Post Tue, Feb 12 2019, 2:09 pm
southernbubby wrote:
Really hard to eradicate. Now the teenage kids of anti-vaxers are rebelling and going to the health department to get vaccines. I hope that these health departments waive the fees because the kids are scared that they will get sick. In some places they don't have to be 18 to bypass the parents if they choose to be vaccinated.

You read the news and there’s a story of one boy who did this doubt the same is happening in monsey ny. And my pediatrician did say most did vaccinate very few not. But according to an anti vaxxers most pediatricians will not continue seeing there kids.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics